Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Set Up..!! Laws, Registration ETC..!!

Options
  • 17-08-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hello All..!!
    Been thinking of setting up a small delivery service (1 Man 1 Van) within Dublin and the surrounding areas..!!
    Now what I wish to do is to keep it as a sole trader.. Not sure if I should go down the route of making it a PLC or LTD company as it would just get messy..!!

What I would like is for the company to be reregistered as I can give my customer's invoices etc..!!
    I also know il have to pay vat and tax etc..!!

Any help would be appreciated..!!

Shane..!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Budget Marketing

Hi Shane,

A goog place for you to start would be to register a business name.
    If you plan to trade in your own name (first-name, surname) though this will be unnecessary. Registering costs €20 online or €40 by post.

Then you will have to register for tax. The relevant forms can be downloaded from revenue.ie.

Also given the nature of the business you may need insurance for the goods you carry for people. And you vehicle insurance would need to be changed to commercial insurance.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jobek2

how to get van insure for man and van business no one want to insure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

jobek2 wrote: »
    how to get van insure for man and van business no one want to insure
    actually its quite cheap and almost everyone does it usually costs 30-50e plus , now cant remember of top of my head but its called getting class A or 1 or something similar being able to have client or goods on your vehicle as part of work nature. I know it costs like 30-50e , only catch i can see it might be completely different if your registered as self employed thus nature changes, as i can see where if you mention driving goods that you want to be insured that could cause price to sky rocket, when actually your acting as any other delivery service, not driving lorry full of gas tanks.

guess someone could explain it better as prob commercial insurance would be a lot more expensive, then having one i gave example above of, but its not my expertise, as guessing most get by just having what i told, but it could cause friction if something was to happen to goods and youd encounter claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jobek2

Thanks for reply !! you see im registred as self employer and and no one want to insure van for this type of business dont know what to do ðŸ˜

Advertisement