Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The County Club Dunshaughlin - carvery lunch - opinions?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Looking for somewhere to take the folks out for lunch later in the week - they like "ordinary" food (if you know what I mean :)), so carvery or pub grub is ideal.

Any opinions on the County Club?

Any other gems that do a nice pub lunch in the general area (Dunboyne/Clonee/Dunshaughlin/Ratoath)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

County Club or that place in Batterstown, the Snailbox. But yeah, the County Club is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Yep it's just great honest Irish carvery- they always have a very good selection too and delish desserts.

The Snail Box is not in Batterstown, that's Caffreys you're thinking off- also both good places for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

SueWho wrote: »
    Yep it's just great honest Irish carvery- they always have a very good selection too and delish desserts.

The Snail Box is not in Batterstown, that's Caffreys you're thinking off- also both good places for food.

No I meant them as two different places. I knew it as Caffrey's too but isn't it the something Horse now or something since they did it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Palibito

County Club is basic old style “meat and veg” good food but the place is a bit run down and badly in need of a facelift.

Caffrey’s in Batterstown is by far the best in terms of food and location. The menu is a lot more adventurous and the food is excellent. The service can be a bit slow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks for all the replies folks - "old style meat and veg" is just what the folks like, so the County Club sounds ideal!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement