Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I doing enough?

• 17-08-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Lo Lads,
    I started cycling this year but due to injuries and work I didn't get going really until June. Then I was doing 20k about twice a week.
    Since then however I have started doing longer and longer spins(for me anyhow).
    I have said that I will do a 100k charity cycle(handy pace apparently) on the 28th and I am wondering am I doing enough training for it?
    At the moment I'm doing 30k 3/4 times a week and a 60-70k on a Sunday. Most of the cycling is done on my Allez Double but I try and get 30k done on my single speed(44/14) too.
    All of my cycling I am doing on my own as with work and kids its hard to tie down to meeting up with people for a spin.
    I did 70k on Sunday in 2hrs 45min of cycling having been out for 3hrs.

Am I doing enough or do I need to get out more? Any comments/help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to calve on my first 100k.

Thanks in advance

Eoin

P.S. Originaly posted this in "Training Logs" so its a duplicate.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I think you'll be fine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The indicator I've always been given is that you should be doing during the week the amount you plan on doing in the event. So if you're planning on doing a 100km charity cycle you should be up to doing a total of 100kms during the week. So I also think you'll be fine.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭enoonan

Thanks Lads.

Most appreciated

Eoin

Advertisement