Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options
  • 17-08-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I can't wait for this, the killzone 3 multiplayer trailer contains video from one of the multiplayer levels, called Corinth Highway. It is situated on the edge of Phyrrus, the city which was nuked by Visari in Killzone 2. Now, a handful of surviving ISA and Helghast troops find themselves fighting for every square inch of remaining infrastructure in this broken city, while on the other side of the Pyrrhus River a new theater of war is already developing. The Corinth River level demonstrates a number of exciting multiplayer features, including Exoskeletons (that big robot from the last game), the first shown of several player-operable vehicles in Killzone 3 so far, and it means the jet pack will be available outside of the single player.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

this will be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There will be two brand new game modes in this. The first is Guerrilla Warfare, which is team deathmatch with a greater emphasis on close quarters combat and dynamic spawn points that ensure you always revive close to the action but out of the line of fire, so not like cod where you spawn in front of a shotgun.
    Operations is another brand new multiplayer mode. It is objective based and story driven, with the ISA team aiming to complete a mission, such as blowing up a blast door, and the Helghast defending. The individual players that complete certain objectives appear in cut-scenes for everyone else in the game to see.

The XP system has been tweaked to offer greater rewards for completing objectives and performing difficult skills, such as headshots, explosive kills and melee attacks. Speaking of which, the Brutal Melee attacks already shown in the single player mode are also in multiplayer and it’s truly satisfying twisting a blade into those red Helghan eyes.

The level playable at gamescom was Phyrrus City post nuke; the Helghan capital and a ruined urban arena offering a mixture of open roads, where the Exoskeletons can roam free, and a second level of wrecked pipes and tight corridors where the shotgun is king.

There are five career paths to choose from, each with six weapons and six unique abilities. The guns and abilities that are unlocked use skill points awarded each time you progress through one of the game’s 45 ranks, this will allow snipers to probably be used be earlier for those that wish it.

I cannot wait to play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any beta for this?

Headshot wrote: »
    any beta for this?

yea but it's closed so far.

More news

Among the things tweaked was the matchmaking system, which was completely overhauled to dump players into games much faster, adding a new dynamic spawning system to keep you closer to friends and the in-game action and streamlining how easy it is to get to multiplayer from the menu.

The team also revamped the rewards system bumping up the number of ranks a player can achieve in online play from the 15 found in Killzone 2 to 45, and adding more than 100 medals and a new round-based ribbon system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I cannot wait to play this.
    Played it yesterday got two games of multiplayer one of each type the operations is brilliant. The game itself is awesome i was a fan of KZ2 it had its faults but this was almost perfect.

Had 2 guys from Guerilla looking over my shoulder watching me play talk about pressure to perform :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Id be tempted to splash out on a 3D TV for this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Loved Killzone 2 it had its flaws but at least the unique control scheme paid off,i'd rather that than a COD Rehash controls.I think I heard that they're putting in various control layouts or am I mistaken.Have they left the AI Bots in don't play online & nearly sure KZ2 had Multiplayer AI Bots.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Loved Killzone 2 it had its flaws but at least the unique control scheme paid off,i'd rather that than a COD Rehash controls.I think I heard that they're putting in various control layouts or am I mistaken.Have they left the AI Bots in don't play online & nearly sure KZ2 had Multiplayer AI Bots.

It did have Bots and while no ones has said anything i can't see them removing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Makes me wanna dig out KZ2 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

weiland79 wrote: »
    Makes me wanna dig out KZ2 tonight.

Haha I'm feeling the same and might join ya.

I feel like I never gave the KZ2 multiplayer a proper chance. I liked it but never got into it.

If anyone is interested my write up on my meeting with Guerilla games about killzone 3 last week at Gamescom is up on the site.

Its looking really good the multiplayer is way smother a lot of the initial problems KZ2 had are gone. Nice mix of careers, abilities and upgrades now they are nicely balanced.

And the new operations mode is good fun. You are still in a online game but it has cut scenes and objectives to make it more interesting. Got to play for about 30 mins having one of the guys that made the game giving you tips as you played is class :)

Move seems to be ok for this, i like the new weapon equipped method.

Wonder who this guy is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

i feel having jetpacks in multiplayer is going to be a nuisance.. I just hate when people get that kinda advantage.. hopefully you can disable them from being used..

i feel having jetpacks in multiplayer is going to be a nuisance.. I just hate when people get that kinda advantage.. hopefully you can disable them from being used..

If you mean as an option when creating the game you could pick and choose all the weapons and class that were used in the last game so i probable and killzone 2 allowed you to look at the games settings before entering the game, the jet packs can also be disabled in game with emps. They don't seem to be that rare in the game, the guy in the video got one when a few times, there may be a limit per team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Killzone 3 looks like i never had to touch another fps game next year till resistance 3 comes out ,

link below shows sngle player plus discusses what sort f missions to expect from the single player campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1rAPYLxho

The Collector's Edition includes Helghast goggles according to developer Guerrilla Games who posted the information on its website before tearing it down.

Three different editions were listed: standard, limited and Collector's. Contents for the limited and Collector's Editions included a voucher for a map pack known as Blood and Thunder, a €10 gift card and, yes, Helghast goggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Can't wait for this game! Going to be having a go of it tonight in the PSHub in town.

I cant wait for monday

Wonder what time we'll get the beta key ?

yea split screen

killzone3splitscreen530.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Oh.....sweet....baby......Jesus......

LINKY

Who do you have to kill to get one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Pretty damn awesome alright, prefer the 15th anniversary version myself though!

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3182759&p=

Split screen co-op confirmed.
    We found a lot of power after we completed Killzone 2. Just to give you an example on the graphics side: we pulled a level from Killzone 2 into the Killzone 3 engine and it ran at 50 percent. That's how much power we've been able to find.
    :eek::eek::eek:

Also check out the vid on the second page for Killzone Snuggies :pac:

Story Trailer:

Pretty damn epic!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Story Trailer:

Pretty damn epic!

Yummy!!!!!!

They really are space Nazi with all the odd tech weapons.

OMFG

Story Trailer:

Pretty damn epic!

I think i cried and did a little wee looking at that :D

HMV’s listing the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition as a UK exclusive for a mighty £112.

If you’re willing to shell out for the suiper-box, you’ll get:Killzone 3: Helghast Special Edition Pack

Authentic Helghast Helmet replica opens to reveal art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
    Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points and will not be sold at retail
    Includes bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.
    Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe

Super Voucher includes:

Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
    Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
    Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay

• Advertisement

I preordered mine from gamestop today

cant wait for the Helghast Edition now

Advertisement