Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

whiterebel wrote: »
    If you mean the Steelbook case, Smyths or Gamestop are stocking them. Don't know about Game or XV

Wow i might pick this one up if its on sale on launch day, cant be arsed pre-ordering at this stage. Helghast Edition is nice and all but abit pricey tbh. Not a fan of the double XP and all weapon unlocks for 24 hours, maps are nice though. Actually its probably not worth the price if i just want the maps :P Probably cheaper to pick them up when they go on sale on PSN

2nr0pl2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Managed to get time to download the first person demo and damn its tight!! All the little annoying quirks from 2 seem to be removed. Cannot wait to play the full version.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just saw this from the Playstation blog regarding the release date of Killzone 3.
    On the 25th here in Ireland we have a general election the same day as the release of Killzone 3 , So I will be voting as I always do and maybe handing out leaflets and such as I am a member of a political party here then I will be going for a few beers and when I go for a few Beers I mean until I am unable to drink anymore.

As for Saturday, hangovers and gaming don't mix.

So can Killzone be released next week instead thank you very much.

Got a good chuckle out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

^^ That guy needs to be elected.

qz wrote: »
    ^^ That guy needs to be elected.

Hell yeah I should but.... when would I get time to play games? NEVER!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lynch Mob

If you mean the Steelbook case, Smyths or Gamestop are stocking them. Don't know about Game or XV

Yeah; that's the one I'm after. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hell yeah I should but.... when would I get time to play games? NEVER!!! :(

I didn't even cop your username, I meant the guy who was quoted :o I'll give you my vote too anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gsnapp

I want this game so bad black ops is such a disater on ps3

qz wrote: »
    I didn't even cop your username, I meant the guy who was quoted :o I'll give you my vote too anyway.

It's alright. I've well overused that joke anyway in my time here. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lt. Columbo

Played the demo there last night, loved it. Convinced the Ma :D to lend me the money to get it on Friday... Went to Xtravision in Knocklyon to pre-order, and wouldn't ya know it their computers were fcuked! :mad:

Sound bloke behind counter though, rang the head office and all to complain (although him also wanting to book it probably influenced his decision somewhat). That didn't work either, so he took my contact details on a slip of paper to hang behind the counter, and since he's working Thursday night, when the boxes are delivered, he said he'd keep a copy for me :cool:. Didn't even have to put down a deposit!! See yas online Friday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Get a free killzone 3 theme off facebook.

http://apps.facebook.com/knowyourenemy/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Due to having to buy a college book this week and some unforseen physio costs, i won't be able to afford this for a few weeks, was really looking forward to it too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rent for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I might do... Will buy it eventually though, love the MP!

Was walking past Gamestop in Charlestown and saw an advert for Killzone stating that they are giving the Map, Double XP and 24 Hour ability unlock voucher with every purchase of Killzone 3 regular edition. I would guess it is until they run out of vouchers. They might also hike up the price of the game from the usual 49.99 to 59.99. I didnt bother to go in and ask about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Varik wrote: »
    The Collector's Edition includes Helghast goggles according to developer Guerrilla Games who posted the information on its website before tearing it down.

Three different editions were listed: standard, limited and Collector's. Contents for the limited and Collector's Editions included a voucher for a map pack known as Blood and Thunder, a €10 gift card and, yes, Helghast goggles.
    Any links or anything to that?

Wing126 wrote: »
    Any links or anything to that?

That post is old and half wrong now, there are 3 editions still and they aren't the same as i posted about then.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,328 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone feel that they've moved a bit too far towards CoD in the single player? Just basing that off a couple of hours played in the demo but there's a definate 'BIG SET-PIECE' feel over the intelligent AI of the last one in it.

Kinda torn on whether to get it on launch. I already have Bulletstorm on the way but was planning on picking up Two Worlds II on Friday, which has now been cancelled.

Was walking past Gamestop in Charlestown and saw an advert for Killzone stating that they are giving the Map, Double XP and 24 Hour ability unlock voucher with every purchase of Killzone 3 regular edition. I would guess it is until they run out of vouchers. They might also hike up the price of the game from the usual 49.99 to 59.99. I didnt bother to go in and ask about it

Gamestop actually have that advertised on their website as well; the price for the regular edition is advertised as 54.99.

http://www.gamestop.ie/

• Advertisement

That trailer is amazing; Its gonna be a long wait until Friday :(

I gotta work Friday till 9pm and im in Saturday at 6am :( Come Sunday KZ3 is gonna own me. Gonna dive right into the Multiplayer, campaign will be an afterthough. Although looking at that launch trailer it looks like some action packed fun

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Lynch Mob wrote: »
    Gamestop actually have that advertised on their website as well; the price for the regular edition is advertised as 54.99.

http://www.gamestop.ie/

Gamestop told me last week that their standard edition is the steelbook edition. Thats what I have pre-booked ith them for Friday anyway.

Gamestop told me last week that their standard edition is the steelbook edition. Thats what I have pre-booked ith them for Friday anyway.

That'd be sweet! I'm gonna give em a ring in the morning and confirm that it is; then I'll pre-book with them if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Was down in Dundrum there today and asked the guy in HMV if they were getting in the collector's edition (i.e. steelbook version) and he said that they were.

AND most importantly, it will be €50. That's a really good deal.
    I went up and asked in GAME and the guy there suspected that the steelbook version would be around €65 since the regular game was about €55. I say suspected, because they hadnt been sent the pricing on the normal/steelbook version yet.
    I'm sure the prices for both of these places are likely to change, so check around before you buy obviously!

But I know where I'll be headed on Friday to buy my steelbook copy of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

GAME in Dundrum are also doing a midnight launch for it. €65 for the steelbook seems a but steep though. I've the Helghast Edition pre-ordered but I'm still unsure whether to get it or just the steelbook.

Notorious wrote: »
    GAME in Dundrum are also doing a midnight launch for it. €65 for the steelbook seems a but steep though. I've the Helghast Edition pre-ordered but I'm still unsure whether to get it or just the steelbook.
    How much is the Helghast edition with GAME? HMV have a sign saying €115. Whether or not you'll get it on launch day without a preorder is a different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why does wikipedia say this is out today in Europe?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Why does wikipedia say this is out today in Europe?
    Because it's Wikipedia. :pac:

• Advertisement

Was down in Dundrum there today and asked the guy in HMV if they were getting in the collector's edition (i.e. steelbook version) and he said that they were.

AND most importantly, it will be €50.

Thanks, I'm going to head straight to HMV friday morning! They do always seem to have the better price; I'm glad they're getting the steelbook edition.

Advertisement