Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

as far as i can tell the us version of the helghast edition comes with the socom 4 beta key while the european version comes with the steel case of the game , bit annoyed bout that but ah well bring on friday :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Notorious wrote: »
    GAME in Dundrum are also doing a midnight launch for it. €65 for the steelbook seems a but steep though. I've the Helghast Edition pre-ordered but I'm still unsure whether to get it or just the steelbook.

Gamestop told me the Steelbook will be €55........

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

as far as i can tell the us version of the helghast edition comes with the socom 4 beta key while the european version comes with the stell cas of the game , bit annoyed bout that but ah well bring on friday :D

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just tried out the single player demo today along with the Move controller. I am very impressed. The move takes a bit of getting used to but it works very very well. The looks visually amazing, and using the move just adds a whole new experience to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just tried out the single player demo today along with the Move controller. I am very impressed. The move takes a bit of getting used to but it works very very well. The looks visually amazing, and using the move just adds a whole new experience to the game.
    Do you have the navigator controller aswell? Or do you just use the Dualshock? I'm having a hard time using my Move set up since i don't have the navigator controller, Using the Dualshock is so awkward for me.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Do you have the navigator controller aswell? Or do you just use the Dualshock? I'm having a hard time using my Move set up since i don't have the navigator controller, Using the Dualshock is so awkward for me.

Just using the dual shock and i find it grand. All you need of it is the left stick, D-pad and L1/L2. Just hold it in your left hand around the handle with your thumb over the stick and its perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just using the dual shock and i find it grand. All you need of it is the left stick, D-pad and L1/L2. Just hold it in your left hand around the handle with your thumb over the stick and its perfect
    'perfect'? no! Sufficient...yes.

'perfect'? no! Sufficient...yes.

Well it does the job in my opinion. I'm sure the navigator is more comfy but why bother paying for it

Well it does the job in my opinion. I'm sure the navigator is more comfy but why bother paying for it
    So. What is said was correct then? Thanks for clarifying that for me.

God, everyones in a bitchy mood tonight :eek:

Actually while i'm here, how do you Aim down the sight while using the Motion controller?

• Advertisement

God, everyones in a bitchy mood tonight :eek:
    not in a bitchy mood at all. Just trying to get the point across that the Nav controller (whether you want it/can afford it) is far more comfortable than the dualshock. Anyone who has used the Nav controller will agree. It's just simply better to play with.
    Sure it does the same thing, but when you're flailing around like a mad man you dont want to be worried about how you are holding the dualshock in a position that's comfortable and allows you to reach all the buttons necessary.

not in a bitchy mood at all. Just trying to get the point across that the Nav controller (whether you want it/can afford it) is far more comfortable than the dualshock. Anyone who has used the Nav controller will agree. It's just simply better to play with.
    Sure it does the same thing, but when you're flailing around like a mad man you dont want to be worried about how you are holding the dualshock in a position that's comfortable and allows you to reach all the buttons necessary.

Twas a joke. There's angry people everywhere tonight - LOL.....................:pac::pac::pac::pac:

I know what you're saying, but all i said was that the Dual shock controller does the same job. That's all i wanted to get across, for ME personally it works. Maybe when i pick up KZ3, I might invest in the navigator if needs be.
    Can we be civil again :confused::rolleyes:

Can we be civil again :confused::rolleyes:
    I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Didnt mean to rub you up the wrong way there. Wasn't my intentions. :o

Think I'll end up doing my second plathrough on the move, after a long stint online in the middle of my two playthroughs.
    Although, I still may end up playing through with the move the first time. haven't fully decided yet. Reviews with the move seem rather good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just finished playing the 3D demo, good game, alot better than the previous game. 3D works well also :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

How much is the Helghast edition with GAME? HMV have a sign saying €115. Whether or not you'll get it on launch day without a preorder is a different thing.

The helghast edition is advertised as €125 in Game. There isn't many coming into the country, so you'll probably have a tough time getting your hands on one. I'll let you know if I decide to cancel my order!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

very impressed with the demo.

1 question: is it only a feature of the demo that requires a constant resetting of contols and screen brightness each time it's used?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Notorious wrote: »
    The helghast edition is advertised as €125 in Game. There isn't many coming into the country, so you'll probably have a tough time getting your hands on one. I'll let you know if I decide to cancel my order!

im just off phone to them they said 140 or 130 so i dont know.. they only have 1 left so i pre ordered it since they wont have the jungle controlller bundle.. i may end up with CE though.. i just hope it is 125 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Love this game. Single player is great (although the story is a little weak) and the multiplayer is the icing on the cake. I shall be playing this for a long time to come.

I dont play multiplayer too often, but Killzone 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood managed to suck me in for hours upon hours of play. I think the third Killzone will be doing the same.
    Is it wrong that I'm forcing myself to get the Steelbook Collector's edition so I dont miss out on the two maps from the previous Killzones.

I dont play multiplayer too often, but Killzone 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood managed to suck me in for hours upon hours of play. I think the third Killzone will be doing the same.
    Is it wrong that I'm forcing myself to get the Steelbook Collector's edition so I dont miss out on the two maps from the previous Killzones.

the maps are 5euro on the ps store.. they where released yesterday

• Advertisement

the maps are 5euro on the ps store.. they where released yesterday
    I do like the steel box, also. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone see this on sale yet,any version anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

this fecking country always get delayed in releasing games ... one or two days ... i thought ROI is in fecking europe ... !

doOh wrote: »
    this fecking country always get delayed in releasing games ... one or two days ... i thought ROI is in fecking europe ... !

Games in USA get released un Tuesday, in UK & Ireland it's Friday's. Has been like that for a long time now. But every so often, a game will be released here before the US, I think Fifa games are usually released over here first.

I do like the steel box, also. ;)

anymore than 60euro and i dont think it worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

Yesterday Killzone 3 was released in Europe ... So close and so distant from Ireland lol

Anyone know if any of the Cork City shops are doing midnight openings? Going to the cinema tonight and would be handy to pick up Killzone on the way home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Games in USA get released un Tuesday, in UK & Ireland it's Friday's. Has been like that for a long time now. But every so often, a game will be released here before the US, I think Fifa games are usually released over here first.

Monster Hunter for the PSP is released on a Saturday instead of their normal release day in Japan as to many people skip work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone know if any of the Cork City shops are doing midnight openings? Going to the cinema tonight and would be handy to pick up Killzone on the way home :D

GameStop Patrick St had it there in their hands at 12 o'clock today, and no, they wouldn't.........:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

im just off phone to them they said 140 or 130 so i dont know.. they only have 1 left so i pre ordered it since they wont have the jungle controlller bundle.. i may end up with CE though.. i just hope it is 125 ..

I know the Helghast Ed. is definitely €125. Game also have the Jungle controllers too which are €35 when you're buying the game.

Advertisement