Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Im thinking of trading in assasians creed brotherhood and heavy rain to get this any idea how much ill get for the two of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I prebooked it in gamestop 4 months ago,just don't know about the price though as it is €49.99 for the steel book and €129.99 for the Helghast,I have it paid off in full but could always transfere the balance onto Dragon Age 2.
    It was €114.99 in HMV. Also, i'd say there'd be better games to get than Dragon Age 2, people i know really disliked the first one, doubt the second will be much of an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

They wont price match HMV for some reason,I wont be picking it up until tomorrow as I am too busy,thanks for the info,enjoy the game.

I'd say that's because they're losing 15 quid lol. Yeah, no bother! I will! Enjoy it yourself aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

does companies price match now? i never heard of price matching with GAME anyways... Would I get it for 115 if I said it was that price in HMV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn I love the that Helghast edition. The head is right cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

weiland79 wrote: »
    i got a Queens of the stone age ticket this morning!:D:D

Sorry to hear that man, enjoy the week off though

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Just found out that if you keep tapping X during the Move instructions thing on the start up it goes a lot quicker. It was doing my head in watching it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Bought it in dundrum, just got home, realized i left my laptop power cable in college, back to dublin i go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Just installed it now :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

qz wrote: »
    Just installed it now :3
    Installed? There is no installation. Is there?

Anyone else having a problem with the audio? I generally cant hear voices/sound effects from behind. I checked to see if I had the settings right and it's set to stereo. So I dont know why it's not working right for me.
    Try turning away from someone who's talking to you to see if it almost completely fades out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

what about the gameplay lads? is it any good?

Installed? There is no installation. Is there?

Apologies, there isn't. I was thinking of the extra material that came with the Collector's Edition but in my head I meant the game itself.
    Anyone else having a problem with the audio? I generally cant hear voices/sound effects from behind. I checked to see if I had the settings right and it's set to stereo. So I dont know why it's not working right for me.
    Try turning away from someone who's talking to you to see if it almost completely fades out.

Had that at the very first introductory level/mission
    at the gun range, hard to hear over the sound of bullets. Maybe that's a good thing? :D
    donfers wrote: »
    what about the gameplay lads? is it any good?

Oh yes. If you liked KZ2 this is just perfect. I loved KZ2, and this has now brought me back to just how fun it is lugging around big heavy guns and blasting rounds into the Helghast. Dialogue is a bit crap though. Graphics are sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

weiland79 wrote: »
    Saw it in game on henry street for 50 quid.

Cheers man. Oof 50 quid. I'll have a think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just saw an ad for it on Irish TV about the ISA "upgrading" their weapons with Move.

Steel Rain is the newly announced map pack that contains two new multiplayer maps, Junkyard and Stahl Arms.

Junkyard is designed for 16-player Guerrilla Warfare, while Stahl Arms is a large map dedicated to 24-player Warzone matches. Both levels were featured heavily in the single-player, so expect the maps to be repurposed versions of those, as is Guerrilla's MO.

FFS the audio is fúcked. Over the radio from another soldier I'm supposed to hear "we'll clear the ground troops" But I hear it 3 times in quick succession? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

does companies price match now? i never heard of price matching with GAME anyways... Would I get it for 115 if I said it was that price in HMV?

Game will do price matching, but they need proof of the price in the other store. They don't do it on everything though, and evidently they aren't doing it for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Is it just me or is everyone using that poxy invisible cloak perk? Is there any class or unlock you can pick so that you can see them?

qz wrote: »
    FFS the audio is fúcked. Over the radio from another soldier I'm supposed to hear "we'll clear the ground troops" But I hear it 3 times in quick succession? :mad:
    I had the reload sound repeat itself about 4 times in a row. Along with my other problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Is it just me or is everyone using that poxy invisible cloak perk? Is there any class or unlock you can pick so that you can see them?

the tactician does when he uses his perk, it's only good for camping and defending.

For anyone who can wait for April and wants to get move for this.

gamsocom4fulldeploy530.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ScoreX

Epic game, cutscenes are amazing, 1080p HD tv ftw.

Keep getting mauled while
    in the Exo ;[

I'm loving the game so far, barely completed the first level but it's still great. I'm also having audio problems, now and then they repeat themselves and it cuts out whatever was to be said next. As in "Did you see the convoy" "You mean you" "Did you see the convoy?" Then silence (except for gunfire and helghan screams of course :P).

Yeah the audio problems are a bit (very) irritating. It doesn't have the same WOW factor as playing Killzone 2 for the first time, in honesty it feels like an extension or a big expansion pack. There wasn't a whole lot of room for improvement with this game, so it's just more of the same awesomeness. This is the single player only mind, haven't explored the multipayer as yet bar the Beta.

I haven't had many audio problems playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I picked up the collectors edition in Game today for €50. It was the same price in HMV although HMV were selling the regular edition for €45 while that was also €50 in Game for some reason.

I'm enjoying the single-player so far. I love the Helghast military council guys in the cut scenes. Very like the generals in the german army in WWII. I played a bit of multiplayer as well. I got slaughtered in my first round because i wasn't familiar with the map but did a lot better in the second round.

So far so good anyway.

I'd imagine I'm about halfwaythrough the Single player portion of the game now. Gonna jump on later for some multiplayer. see what it's like. I hear they've removed a lot of the stuff that made the first multiplayer so enjoyable.
    http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/Bring-Back-These-25-Features-From-Killzone-2/td-p/739829

Two more weeks until I have internet in my new house, and if that's true, I'm not looking forward to this online, I thought 2 was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I loved KZ2 MP and i think the KZ3 MP is better ;)

• Advertisement

Didn't realise these were missing! They're pretty fundamental.

16) Spawn on squad leader

17) The ability to see where the medic is!

Advertisement