Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It really does seem a bit mad to be honest that they have removed a lot of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

silly me I put in a 2 vouchers containing containing the double xp for 24 hrs

so does that mean I have it for 48hrs ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Audio is definitely a big problem. Narvilles voice was crackling on the surround sound, and the sync was badly out after pausing a cut-scene. Exiting the game and running it again and it seems to be ok.

Class, class game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

How much is the standard edition and steel case edition in Gamestop please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'd imagine I'm about halfwaythrough the Single player portion of the game now. Gonna jump on later for some multiplayer. see what it's like. I hear they've removed a lot of the stuff that made the first multiplayer so enjoyable.
    http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/Bring-Back-These-25-Features-From-Killzone-2/td-p/739829
    Holy crap, i did not notice they removed all that stuff! No wonder the multiplayer felt so different!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

whiterebel wrote: »
    Class, class game though.

if you insist man, and are wiling to overlook the removals errors and deficiencies that make this seem a step backward but the hype that was kz2 has all come flooding back to me. the basic concept, environments characters and sluggish movement, shoddy mechanics all hiding behind a monochrome gloss the blue v red, good vs evil yanks v english back to basics game of spacey quasar reminds me this was supposed to be a COD beater MP staple franchise but failed so bad

played some bulletstorm before this, was tons slicker will get back to it very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Bought the collectors edition from gamestop yesterday, but didnt get the 24 hours double xp, unlockable weapons & unlock 3 points or something with it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Notorioux wrote: »
    Bought the collectors edition from gamestop yesterday, but didnt get the 24 hours double xp, unlockable weapons & unlock 3 points or something with it. :mad:

They should have given you a code with it, I'd return to the store and ask for one. I bought my steelbook version at GameStop and got the code you're looking for seperate, not in the box.

I feel like such a cheater with those codes - double XP for 24 hours, all weapons unlocked for 24 hours and 6 unlock points (GameStop and PS Home code) before I've even played one game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Have to say the acting is a darn sight better than KZ2, Narville is particularly good.

Shotguns are over powered and the spawning is crap

Really my only 2 problems with the mulit player so far

edit

No kill cam is disappointing

• Advertisement

What's wrong with the spawn points? If your unhappy with them use the tactician class ad capture some :?

What's wrong with the spawn points? If your unhappy with them use the tactician class ad capture some :?

I spawn in front of enemies most of the time or vice versa

Ah yes, but i believe that that's the point of tactical insertions, capturing them and keeping them. Your probably spawning infront of enemy tacticians trying to stem the tide of enemies :D

Ah yes, but i believe that that's the point of tactical insertions, capturing them and keeping them. Your probably spawning infront of enemy tacticians trying to stem the tide of enemies :D

I dont think so wolf

how does that class work anyway, how do you do tactical inserts ?

There are pre-determined spawn spots all over the map, the tacticians job is to stand there until the bar turns green, then your entire team can spawn there until an enemy tactician gets there and turns the bar back to red again. This is the problem i think your running into :P The only spot your guaranteed not to get shot at is your home base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Just finished it there!!! WTF!!!
    ISA blew up a starcruiser with a nuke over a planet and killed millions. I dont wanna be a terrorist! What were they thinking. Millions of innocents dead!
    Couple of questions. Which planet was it that was destroyed Helghan or Veckta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

cursai wrote: »
    Just finished it there!!!

SPOILERS TAGS PLEASE. Some people haven't finished it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Aiming with the Sharpahooter is possibly even better than using a mouse. Moving on the other hand will take serious getting used to. Shame they stripped the MP of some nice little features.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its a brand new game ... careful with the spoilers. Not everyone can play it from start to finish so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

SPOILERS TAGS PLEASE. Some people haven't finished it yet.

Jesus Christ, why would you quote that? I had missed it the first time, cheers. Good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Officially out of this thread until I finish it. See you all in the spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, why would you quote that? I had missed it the first time, cheers. Good job.

Sorry i ****ed up.:( I've a habit of quoting people when i respond to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Headshot wrote: »
    Shotguns are over powered and the spawning is crap

Really my only 2 problems with the mulit player so far

edit

No kill cam is disappointing
    Same as meself,the spawning is crazy,I died 4 times in the space of about 5 seconds of gameplay and the worse thing is not even knowing what happened,a killcam would vastly improve the multiplayer.
    Singleplayer is better than I expected and I had high hopes for it,pity it's not a bit longer

Sorry!!!!! Forgot about spoiler tags!

Can't connect to multiplayer. Whats the craic! Anybody else having this problem?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Star Bingo wrote: »
    if you insist man, and are wiling to overlook the removals errors and deficiencies that make this seem a step backward but the hype that was kz2 has all come flooding back to me. the basic concept, environments characters and sluggish movement, shoddy mechanics all hiding behind a monochrome gloss the blue v red, good vs evil yanks v english back to basics game of spacey quasar reminds me this was supposed to be a COD beater MP staple franchise but failed so bad

played some bulletstorm before this, was tons slicker will get back to it very soon

Yeah, they should have just released KZ2 and charged 50 quid:rolleyes:

I don't miss 95% of the removed stuff, I'd be more concerned about audio problems and redraw issues. Personally, I love the heavier movement in KZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just been playing the multiplayer last night. I feel like the multi lacks the polish that makes the CoD multiplayer experience so good. I dont mean the gameplay now, thats top notch. I mean the pre game lobby, loading screens and all those things that where removed from KZ2. Time between matchs for TDM take way to long. Would be ok if there was something to do there like look at all the players stats or something, anything! Also no map names? I dunno what bloody map i do be playing apart from Frozen Dam.

And medics, oh god. Whats the point in this class? If your lying on the ground you havent a clue who is a medic close to you so you dont know if you should revive or not. Plus the fact that if your shot to the ground you take a death on your record even if your revived or not. Pointless

Just been playing the multiplayer last night. I feel like the multi lacks the polish that makes the CoD multiplayer experience so good. I dont mean the gameplay now, thats top notch. I mean the pre game lobby, loading screens and all those things that where removed from KZ2. Time between matchs for TDM take way to long. Would be ok if there was something to do there like look at all the players stats or something, anything! Also no map names? I dunno what bloody map i do be playing apart from Frozen Dam.

And medics, oh god. Whats the point in this class? If your lying on the ground you havent a clue who is a medic close to you so you dont know if you should revive or not. Plus the fact that if your shot to the ground you take a death on your record even if your revived or not. Pointless

Lack of Map name is bad, spot on with the medics as well. Only goo thing is they're normally very good to update when needed. One thing I have seen is the deathmatch mode seems to be on one map a lot, if not all, of the time.

the polish that makes the CoD multiplayer experience so good. I dont mean the gameplay now, thats top notch. I mean the pre game lobby, loading screens and all those things that where removed from KZ2.

Call of Duty has polish?? Any time i try to play it these days i get booted out of the lobby after every game. I'd prefer having to wait an extra minute or two in KZ3 than have to search for a new game every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Call of Duty has polish?? Any time i try to play it these days i get booted out of the lobby after every game. I'd prefer having to wait an extra minute or two in KZ3 than have to search for a new game every time.

Lemme guess you play on the PS3? Ive never had any problems with Blops or MW2 on the Xbox, so consider my "polish" to be Xbox360 polish :)

Pressing square during post game scoreboard lets you vote for the next map :D

Advertisement