Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ah i see... I concede your point then :P

Actually, has anyone set up BOC- yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

BOC? care to elaborate?:confused:

The boards clan we used in KZ2.

Haven't heard. Count me in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just noticed you can press square button and it brings you into the map vote screen......:o

• Advertisement

It isn't there all the time though. Does it work all of the time? Even if the prompt/option isnt there. Must give it a try. Saw it once, but it was too late to see where it brought me.

Can't get into any MP games, get's stuck on the briefing screen everytime.

EDIT: OH SNAP!! I'm in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Anyone else notice a weird jingling sound when you move in game? It's driving me nuts?also had the audio probs reported. Mp is good but the campaign is all over the place. I'll play for a stretch then wonder if I'm actually enjoying it. The fights are full of cheap deaths, bad cover mechanics and guys flanking you with no help from your ai mates. Theres no time to just enjoy the game after the stealth section, you're too busy checking to see if someone is above you about to blow you're head off. Whole thing reminds me of the favela level in mw2. Trial and error instead of skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TheJBurner

i want this game so bad... just havent found the time to buy it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

just going to try the online now if anyone wants to add me gamertag is same as here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Plus the fact that if your shot to the ground you take a death on your record even if your revived or not. Pointless

And someone else gets a kill, I see no problem with this way.

I'm trying to get into a game of operations and it keeps saying ' The world is full cannot join game' WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Picked up my Helghast Edition fro Hmv , a gorgeous girl behind the counter i was talking to bout the game :P , played online for hours yesterday , i think though the online has been hacked , im been killed when theres no enemies around me and seen players on my team stay still then disappear and get like 3 to 4 kills.

wasant sure if it was just lag but then i seen this

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/guerrilla-cracking-down-on-killzone-3-hackers-shows-off-new-dlc-map-pack.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Really liking the campaign, don't like the multiplayer at all and think the fact that majority of players are cloaked takes away from the game instead of adding a new element.
    Having to shoot your own team players constantly to see if they are cloaked or getting killed by a presumed team mate just isn't fun.

Really liking the campaign, don't like the multiplayer at all and think the fact that majority of players are cloaked takes away from the game instead of adding a new element.
    Having to shoot your own team players constantly to see if they are cloaked or getting killed by a presumed team mate just isn't fun.

Thats funny cause i haven't even finished the first level of sp and am loving the MP. Operations is great and i can't wait to play it properly with a few people with mic's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

GF just got it for me so add me and id up for multiplayer, phoniexknight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

RAIN wrote: »
    Anyone else notice a weird jingling sound when you move in game? It's driving me nuts?also had the audio probs reported. Mp is good but the campaign is all over the place. I'll play for a stretch then wonder if I'm actually enjoying it. The fights are full of cheap deaths, bad cover mechanics and guys flanking you with no help from your ai mates. Theres no time to just enjoy the game after the stealth section, you're too busy checking to see if someone is above you about to blow you're head off. Whole thing reminds me of the favela level in mw2. Trial and error instead of skill.

I couldn't disagree more, TBH. AI is great, both enemy and comrades, apart from the odd stupid moment. The amount of times I've gone back to get ammo, and the team has killed off the opposition in my absence. I find the cover works well, as I never really used it much in games before, but if the cover is high enough, i think it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Didnt notce the jingling but it might be something i notice now you ave pointed it out !! Thanks for that :D

Cant say i noticed any of those problems with the campaign either, only got caught once from guys up above and they where flame thrower guys but i just pulled back and shot them.

Guys flanking you is a good thing, My AI was pretty helpful through out too. Once or twice they ran in front of me but thats not something they can program for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Finished campaign there earlier.. Not as good ending as killzone 2 anyways.. Then again I just loved the killzone 2 ended.. Only down fall is it took me only 4hrs 10mins.. Seriously WTF.. Nearly every game has at least 7 to 8 hours play.. I will play on elite now though..

At the end a bit p1ssed me off and I kept dieing (27 flipping times)..

• Advertisement

LOVE the multiplayer now. Gave the campaign a break because it was wrecking my head, went back and started it again on normal, much better :) Dnt think playing it on hard was a good idea if I wanted to just relax with it! So I take my early grumpy comments back! The jingling is in the multiplayer and on a bother TV so I think it's just part of the game. Loving the perk system in the multiplayer, the way they've tweaked the classes is genius. Never used engineer in K2 cus I hated the shotty but now it's awesome. Gah so good, it's like battlefield in a good way. So much better then freaking Halo:reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

LOVE the multiplayer now. Gave the campaign a break because it was wrecking my head, went back and started it again on normal, much better :) Dnt think playing it on hard was a good idea if I wanted to just relax with it! So I take my early grumpy comments back! The jingling is in the multiplayer and on a bother TV so I think it's just part of the game. Loving the perk system in the multiplayer, the way they've tweaked the classes is genius. Never used engineer in K2 cus I hated the shotty but now it's awesome. Gah so good, it's like battlefield in a good way. So much better then freaking Halo:reach.

I think the jingling noise is letting you know a grenade is beside you?

I think the jingling noise is letting you know a grenade is beside you?

:D it's all the time?! Unless I'm carrying a live one around with me all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished campaign there earlier.. Not as good ending as killzone 2 anyways.. Then again I just loved the killzone 2 ended.. Only down fall is it took me only 4hrs 10mins.. Seriously WTF.. Nearly every game has at least 7 to 8 hours play.. I will play on elite now though..

At the end a bit p1ssed me off and I kept dieing (27 flipping times)..

4 hours only? Wow.
    Cheers though, I was thinking of getting this but there is no chance I'm paying €50 for a 4 hour campaign.
    Might give it a rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

:D it's all the time?! Unless I'm carrying a live one around with me all the time.

Is that not the sound effect when your moving? The sound of the ammo and grenades being carried by your character jingling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Picked up the sharp shooter today it is very good for shooting, but really tricky to look around i keep looking at the ground or the sky !!! Will take some time and i wont be going online with it.

The attachment itself is nice though good weight to it feels like a controller rather than a cheap plastic add on.

Is that not the sound effect when your moving? The sound of the ammo and grenades being carried by your character jingling.

I realise that now but it was driving me mad at first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SimpleOrder

killzone is gonna be beast

I find that it's one of the best MP game's i've played in years, however i don't see it getting anywhere near as big as Battelfield, Cod, Halo or even MoH. If it was on the 360 i really could see it becoming massive, but on the PS3... for some reason i don't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I find that it's one of the best MP game's i've played in years, however i don't see it getting anywhere near as big as Battelfield, Cod, Halo or even MoH. If it was on the 360 i really could see it becoming massive, but on the PS3... for some reason i don't see it happening.

It's nowhere near as good as battlefield for me but definitely trumps the likes of COD,MOH etc.

And lets face it the Helghast are the coolest bad guys in any shooter.

Advertisement