Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's nowhere near as good as battlefield for me but definitely trumps the likes of COD,MOH etc.

And lets face it the Helghast are the coolest bad guys in any shooter.

Especially when you take their helmet off from distance when they're behind cover, then finish them with a headshot........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

J. Marston wrote: »
    4 hours only? Wow.
    Cheers though, I was thinking of getting this but there is no chance I'm paying €50 for a 4 hour campaign.
    Might give it a rent.

Yeah.. And now I am playing on Elite and it seems to me it's much easier LOL.. Elite mode is so freaking easy its insane.. I remember Lost Planet 2 having on of the hardest difficulties ever but Killzone 3 is just taken the p1ss with Elite mode..

Killzone 2 was also much harder game I taught especially with the boss at the end.. Going to try and plat this anyways.. If theres no major hard trophies I could have it done by next week :D 51% atm..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is everyone here using Euopean or American worlds? Thinking of switching to American just so i can understand what people are saying, but is the lag bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Good game tonight lads \:)/

Finished the single player a while ago. I have to say I am very disappointed. Keeping it short or I'll be typing all night:visually it's stunning but the whole thing is a bloody mess. The plot made little to no sense. Rico is even more annoying than in KZ2. I didn't think that would be possible to achieve but they managed it. The rest of the charachters are just as bad. Why did they completely rewrite Narville and turn him into a pansy? What happened to Natko? Sev is a non entity. The audio is totally f***ed.The ending was rubbish too.:mad:
    It seemed good in the demo but the full game just isn't worth the money. I wish I had just rented it instead of spending 60 quid on it.
    Rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just finished the single player as well. I thought the KZ2 single player was better though but this one wasn't too bad. Would have been nicer if it was longer though.

Finished the single player a while ago. I have to say I am very disappointed. Keeping it short or I'll be typing all night:visually it's stunning but the whole thing is a bloody mess. The plot made little to no sense. Rico is even more annoying than in KZ2. I didn't think that would be possible to achieve but they managed it. The rest of the charachters are just as bad. Why did they completely rewrite Narville and turn him into a pansy? What happened to Natko? Sev is a non entity. The audio is totally f***ed.The ending was rubbish too.:mad:
    It seemed good in the demo but the full game just isn't worth the money. I wish I had just rented it instead of spending 60 quid on it.
    Rant over.

NOTE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED IT..
    wonder who that was getting off the space ship... I think it could be Visari.. Even though he is dead, but that would make the game better.. Them 2 Helghast leaders where just so annoying..

Anyways I have just got to the demo part in it on Elite so may finish that today or tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

NOTE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED IT..
    wonder who that was getting off the space ship... I think it could be Visari.. Even though he is dead, but that would make the game better.. Them 2 Helghast leaders where just so annoying..

Anyways I have just got to the demo part in it on Elite so may finish that today or tomorrow...
    I thought it was the daughter of the admiral..if you see the cut scene near the start he is walking through and a girl comes up and says father and takes his hand, thats all you see of her but it was obscure enough to make it important... just have to wait 2 or 3 years to find out LOL

Nialer24
    I found the story made perfect sense, they kill Visiari then the admiral takes over but guy who owns the private military company wants the power. Simple.
    The ISA escape from Visaris palace but the cant evacuate as the command ship is shot down, it takes them 6 months to establish contact (sneaking mission) then they are told the ISA have ended the war so cant come rescue them and they need to surrender. Sev and Rice find out that the Helgast are going to launch a blitz against earth so head off to try and warn them but have no time to other than to take out the cruiser, Which causes a chain reaction on the planet that releases all this new radiation and sets it up for KZ4

I thought it was the daughter of the admiral..if you see the cut scene near the start he is walking through and a girl comes up and says father and takes his hand, thats all you see of her but it was obscure enough to make it important... just have to wait 2 or 3 years to find out LOL
    Ohh yes I see.. But did the Helghan not say 'sir' or something like that.. I will pay more attention when I finish it on elite.. Yeah you have to be right there, otherwise why would she be in the video.. Well spotted :p.. Hopefully next time they actually have a long story :)

Ohh yes I see.. But did the Helghan not say 'sir' or something like that.. I will pay more attention when I finish it on elite.. Yeah you have to be right there, otherwise why would she be in the video.. Well spotted :p.. Hopefully next time they actually have a long story :)
    Dam i think they did say sir, or was it Admiral ?? Now i have to go back and check again LOL she is an option for them, maybe it was Starch at the end (if thats his name i cant remember private army guy) but she will rise up against him to avenge her father.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Stahl is easily the best character in the entire series so I hope it was him in that pod!

I'm very surprised at how short the game was for me, I played first on Veteran and I'm glad I did as if I'd played on Trooper I would have finished it way too quickly - I died quite a lot on some parts.

Dying so many times makes you realise how great the AI is though, as a fight would never play out the same way.

I think I'll have to play through KZ2 and KZ3 again back to back to decide which is the better game. As with games like this I'm not sure if they're supposed to be funny or serious, as I find myself laughing at the things that are happening or the things that they say to each other. If it's supposed to be funny KZ3 is probably better.

Anyone else think the game feels a little rushed? Cutscenes seemed a little skippy and it seemed like maybe some of the story was cut out?
    And the ending? Seriously WTF?! moment right there. They were probably going for a bleak ending but in execution it just comes off abrupt, especially when compared to the 'We're fooked' ending of KZ2.

The MP is so delicious, and that's even before they fix some of the things that are broken. Delicious I say!

Nialer24
    I found the story made perfect sense, they kill Visiari then the admiral takes over but guy who owns the private military company wants the power. Simple.
    The ISA escape from Visaris palace but the cant evacuate as the command ship is shot down, it takes them 6 months to establish contact (sneaking mission) then they are told the ISA have ended the war so cant come rescue them and they need to surrender. Sev and Rice find out that the Helgast are going to launch a blitz against earth so head off to try and warn them but have no time to other than to take out the cruiser, Which causes a chain reaction on the planet that releases all this new radiation and sets it up for KZ4

I know it's simple, thats the problem. I just thought it was rubbish from start to ridiculous finish! KZ2 was much better. Multiplayer isn't bad but the single player campaign is terrible in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think I'm only enjoying the single player because of the Sharpshooter.

Just finished it(Veteran)! Have to say i really enjoyed it, good fun! Found the story easy enough to follow, i don't understand how all the review sites found it confusing? :S
    Ending was a bit of a let down alright, i've always hated games/movies that don't wrap things up nicely at the end :P. Looking forward to KZ4! (Even though i've heard GG are now working on a new IP)

Dam i think they did say sir, or was it Admiral ?? Now i have to go back and check again LOL she is an option for them, maybe it was Starch at the end (if thats his name i cant remember private army guy) but she will rise up against him to avenge her father.....

Maybe we should have a thread for people who have finished it instead of all these spoilers :p... Anyways here:
    It actually was ''welcome back sir'' heres link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBwKPsboI4 go to 2.37

I found it confusing because I was not sure what time zone I was in.. 1 minute your 6 months later the next your 6 months earlier :confused:.. And it never even showed you that you where changing dates.. It just said it once, but it happened a few times changing through dates AFAIK..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

just finished this game - only got it this morning

@WarZoneBrother - u said 4 hours 10 mins? im not sure if I believe that, also are you including in that all the cutscenes? apparently they add up to 75 mins

it took me 7 hours 45 minutes incl the cutscenes

I really enjoyed this game, the variation and new locations and everything really added to it and it was very enjoyable. I love the jungle part - reminds me of avatar.

I think kz2 is defo harder, but this is coming from someone with not a whole lot of experience in fps games, some but not loads. i played kz3 on trooper.

@nialler24 i strongly disagree with almost everything u think about this game, only exception being the graphics comment - i agree they are unreal.

I'm confused by something in the storyline, please if someone could clarify it for me id appreciate it:
    We are on Helghan planet for most of the game...at the end do we transfer to a spaceship just above the surface of earth? cause before you make it to the spaceship at the very end, outside the windows you can see what i think is earth, it looks like it. if thats earth then what planet got destroyed after the nuke? cause it wasnt earth..confused

p.s. i thought the storyline was good enough, especially after hearing all the pre-release criticsm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I was getting really annoyed at the multiplayer yesterday. I kept on getting kicked due to 'session master not being available'

I got kicked right when the servers went down yesterday at 4p.m. That's ok. I can understand that. But when I started playing last night I ended up getting kicked three times in the whole night. Twice when I had over 5000 points. Grrr.

That being said, I really do still love the multiplayer though. Gonna be sinking more hours into it definitely.

Anyone set up the BOC yet? Anyone interested?

Boc is set up, ask warzonebrother for an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Boc is set up, ask warzonebrother for an invite.

Just sent him a msg for an invite. Was playing warzone last night on the Jetpack map, turbine something or other and my team was locked inside our spawn for almost the entire game! I was playing an Eng and had to switch to a Tac to attempt to take those high platform spawn points, total frustration. Thats one thing i like about CoD, you can jump into a game as a random and do well, but i also hate that you dont really need work as a team in it neither

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »

Move seems to be ok for this, i like the new weapon equipped method.

I wouldn't like to use the Move like this. With the Sharpshooter, you're literally aiming the gun with your whole upper body and it's actually quite effective.

I put the deadzone to zero so the camera starts turning a lot earlier. I'll play around with it even more to get it right, but it's a lot of fun. Sitting down using the Sharpshooter is literally impossible, as the pain surges through your back and arms, but standing up I could play for over 30 mins without noticing the weight.

The joy of getting three perfect headshots in as many seconds was only ruined by my ridiculous attempt to run up stairs. I'm looking forward to getting better with the player movement side of things.

Just realised that was a video from the first page :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was getting really annoyed at the multiplayer yesterday. I kept on getting kicked due to 'session master not being available'

I got kicked right when the servers went down yesterday at 4p.m. That's ok. I can understand that. But when I started playing last night I ended up getting kicked three times in the whole night. Twice when I had over 5000 points. Grrr.

I got the "session master not available" as well this morning. The game just sort of froze beforehand and it came up on the bottom of the screen. I got disconntected a few seconds later.

I really wish they'd have something like in BFBC2 where your experience is logged as you play instead of at the end of the match. It's really frustrating to lose a few thousand exp when you get disconnected.

mystic86 wrote: »
    just finished this game - only got it this morning

@WarZoneBrother - u said 4 hours 10 mins? im not sure if I believe that, also are you including in that all the cutscenes? apparently they add up to 75 mins

it took me 7 hours 45 minutes incl the cutscenes

I am including without cut scenes.. I will take pic of the times if you want? But I do not see the point in that because why would I lie?.. How do you check how long it took incl cutscenes?... I just went to select chapter and added each time and I got 4hrs 10mins.. Note that there is 8 chapters and longest one took me 37mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

i thought there was 9 chapters?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-22-killzone-3-video-walkthrough

Edit: just checked my game - there are 9 chapters. I added up the time for me - it adds to 5 hours 40 minutes. But its not accurate and I know that for definate cause I timed myself and it took 7 hours 45 mins - now apparently there is 75 mins of cutscreens so subtract that from my time and u get 6 hours 30 mins - thats how long it actually took - not 5 hours 40 minutes, it didn't track that properly.... so maybe ur time is really a bit longer than what the game is saying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

When I get home later I'll post my time as well as I finished the game pretty quickly - I was suprised actually at how fast I finished it, even though I was playing on Veteran. I don't think I did it in 4.5 hours, more like 6 probably. The game may not count the times where you died and had to replay a section, which is what Vanquish does and it led to people reporting shorter playtimes for that game also.

In a way I don't mind it being short I guess, I think the game has a lot of replayability, especially with co-op and Move controls. Also the fact that it's a rollercoaster ride from start to finish, and a shorter game means that no mechanic has a chance to get stale.

I was listening to some podcasts and so have heard quite a few differing opinions on Killzone 3's story, and I think I understand the problem people (well reviewers) have with the story. The problem with it is that it's so much better than Killzone 2, the acting is great (Malcolm MacDowell is just fantastic, his voice is like ear sex) and so you get really into it and it promises a lot. Then, towards the end, it kind of drops the ball.
    Where did that nuke come from?
    It's like the game is building up to this great climax and then it's not that great, or at least it wasn't for me. I think my complaints about the game are seeing that it came so close to perfection and just missed the mark.

But who cares. It's fun. Like super fun. Jetpacks and giant robots and GIGANTIC walking mechas fun. Multiplayer is fúcking rad (High five Boardsies Clan!). Vanquish has spoiled me on action games and as Killzone 3 is able to stand shoulder to shoulder with that game for me that means it's a winner.

I am including without cut scenes.. I will take pic of the times if you want? But I do not see the point in that because why would I lie?.. How do you check how long it took incl cutscenes?... I just went to select chapter and added each time and I got 4hrs 10mins.. Note that there is 8 chapters and longest one took me 37mins..

I put 4 hours into night one and around 4-5 into night two to finish it but when i add up my times it says 5 hours 10mins. It shows your best times not total time so it takes out deaths and cut scenes.

I put 4 hours into night one and around 4-5 into night two to finish it but when i add up my times it says 5 hours 10mins. It shows your best times not total time so it takes out deaths and cut scenes.

Ohh right I get ya now.. I didnt notice much more time than that though.. Like with cut scenes out and all.. Only took me 2 solid sessions and the 1st session was only an hour or 2 maybe 3 I forget... I wouldnt say it took over 7hours with cut scenes anyways

mystic86 wrote: »
    i thought there was 9 chapters?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-22-killzone-3-video-walkthrough

Edit: just checked my game - there are 9 chapters. I added up the time for me - it adds to 5 hours 40 minutes. But its not accurate and I know that for definate cause I timed myself and it took 7 hours 45 mins - now apparently there is 75 mins of cutscreens so subtract that from my time and u get 6 hours 30 mins - thats how long it actually took - not 5 hours 40 minutes, it didn't track that properly.... so maybe ur time is really a bit longer than what the game is saying too.

I wouldnt call the first chapter much of a chapter now... It was just training... Well when I was paying attention on clock it would have only taken 6 hours about with cut scenes maybe 6 and a half... still it wouldn't have taken over 5 hours with cutscenes I don't think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Some of the maps in this game are terrible. Actually most of them are. Just got off a Warzone game on Mawlr Graveyard and seriously what the ****. There are three impossble to pass choke points in this map, the two rooms each side and the crusher. Good look getting past those and trying to plant a bomb. I resorted to camping in one of the rooms with a bot an ammo cache and that mental LMG, throwing 3 nades out of enemy side of the room and then re-stocking and repeating. Good TDM map, oh i forgot its not on the TDM map list.

Advertisement