Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

What were they thinking with the Marksman class? The best AR in the game goes to the sniper class. An absolute beast of a machine pistol goes to them too. Crazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

A popular explanation to the ending currently circulating the interwebs:
    Apparently in the game there is a mural of Radec, Stahl, Visari and a bloke who looks the spit of Visari (a double maybe?), i don't know where this mural is (it is there apparently) but i'll check the opening credits when i get home. In the opening credits Visari's daughter is seen to pull her hand away from her father and feign disgust, this is believed to be because she realizes it is not her father. Therefore it can be concluded that the 'Visari' that was killed by Rico was the aforementioned double, thus we can believe that the character that lands on Helghan at the end of the game is the real Visari!!! DUN DUN DUN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Apparently in the game there is a mural of Radec, Stahl, Visari and a bloke who looks the spit of Visari (a double maybe?), i don't know where this mural is (it is there apparently) but i'll check the opening credits when i get home. In the opening credits Visari's daughter is seen to pull her hand away from her father and feign disgust, this is believed to be because she realizes it is not her father. Therefore it can be concluded that the 'Visari' that was killed by Rico was the aforementioned double, thus we can believe that the character that lands on Helghan at the end of the game is the real Visari!!! DUN DUN DUN!!!!

I don't fecking believe it.. This is exactly what I was thinking earlier, never got a chance to post though..!

I think if you also check ending of Killzone 2 Visari does say something smart to him in that (or his double).. All points lead to Visari and him coming back will only lead to an awesome game and story, unlike that of Killzone 3.. I hated that Stahl dude..
    NOTE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED IT..
    wonder who that was getting off the space ship... I think it could be Visari.. Even though he is dead, but that would make the game better.. Them 2 Helghast leaders where just so annoying..

Anyways I have just got to the demo part in it on Elite so may finish that today or tomorrow...

Hehe whist I already did post it :)...

Btw YouSavedMyLife nice sig :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's plausible but i found it hard to believe.
    If Visari was still alive then he would have returned to rule at some point in the 6 months that elapsed after his death. That said i still think it would be great if he was brought back though given Helghan seemed to be obliterated i wonder how the Helghast would be able to come back from that.

It's plausible but i found it hard to believe.
    If Visari was still alive then he would have returned to rule at some point in the 6 months that elapsed after his death. That said i still think it would be great if he was brought back though given Helghan seemed to be obliterated i wonder how the Helghast would be able to come back from that.
    Good point.. But tbh if you faked your own death would you show your face before 6 months :p.. I know I wouldn't... Stahl just wore down the ISA now if Visari is back I hope he just destroys them and Killzone 4 will probably be the last one, but never know..

• Advertisement

To further back up my claims:
    I'm sure you've noticed this, but in the scene before you reach the start menu when "Visari" is giving his speech, you can see Radec, Stahl and a soldier on a platform from which a shuttle is leaving, once the shuttle has left Stahl shoots the soldier to eliminate any witnesses, obviously whoever is on this shuttle is very VERY important... *cough* Visari *cough*

To further back up my claims:
    I'm sure you've noticed this, but in the scene before you reach the start menu when "Visari" is giving his speech, you can see Radec, Stahl and a soldier on a platform from which a shuttle is leaving, once the shuttle has left Stahl shoots the soldier to eliminate any witnesses, obviously whoever is on this shuttle is very VERY important... *cough* Visari *cough*
    was it not radec that done the shooting?.. also is radec not dead? did we not kill him at end of 2nd one?..

Yeah it was Radec that shot him.. Also at the end of that scene it appears this was said: ''Sir we have to move the ISA are here''... That obviously means that someone got away before the ISA could get to them AKA Visari

Either way, the soldier was still shot :P I think this happened well before the end of KZ2

Either way, the soldier was still shot :P I think this happened well before the end of KZ2
    Ohh yes silly me haha... I posted an extra bit just there if you want to check it out in previous comment.. not sure what it means though

Yep, i think we can safely conclude that if there is indeed a KZ4, Visari will make one hell of a return!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Anyone playing this with the sharpshooter?

More from watching the vid again...
    The person who is the Vasari look alike says ''all preparations are in order... And also ''the package is ready''...

I fecking loved Visari so I hope to god that KZ4 does come and we see him return and possibly wipe out all ISA.. Because personally wiping them out would be the best way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Killzone 3 is for fanboys only

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Killzone 3 is for fanboys only

What?

What?

LOL exactly.. WTF.. just because he is jealous that it aint on his xbox :p and never will be !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just had some really good games in Warzone there....on my own.:( Twice in a row I got over 14000 points. I think I have my new weapon combo sorted. I'm unstoppable. :pac:

I really really hate it when people just sit around (in doorways too) waiting for people to come to them or they are sniping. They seem to forget that there are objectives to be achieved. Sometimes I find that I'm the only one heading towards the objective. :mad:
    Hence, why I die a lot but seem to get some points for objectives.

What class/loadouts are you all going for?
    I'm playing medic, fully kitted out with both the top weapons for the medic
    with the extra ammo perk. No need to worry about collecting ammo for me!

Just had some really good games in Warzone there....on my own.:( Twice in a row I got over 14000 points. I think I have my new weapon combo sorted. I'm unstoppable. :pac:

I really really hate it when people just sit around (in doorways too) waiting for people to come to them or they are sniping. They seem to forget that there are objectives to be achieved. Sometimes I find that I'm the only one heading towards the objective. :mad:
    Hence, why I die a lot but seem to get some points for objectives.

What class/loadouts are you all going for?
    I'm playing medic, fully kitted out with both the top weapons for the medic
    with the extra ammo perk. No need to worry about collecting ammo for me!

Hehe I am one of those snipers ;)

Sniping is just unbeatable.. But I only snipe on certain maps which I know.. I think it's fair for snipers to stay and kill enemies that are going towards the objectives too.. But what is gay is in one of the maps the ISA spawn point every time theres campers with RPG's sitting in there beside ammo crate firing rockets every 2 secs just waiting for someone to come through.. It is one of the jetpack maps..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Maining the Eng at the moment. Unlocked everything bar the last sidearm. Putting Turrets in camper type spots in the corners of rooms, or facing corners of hallways so people walk through and even if the rocket misses them it hits a fall and blows them up :D The last LMG unlock is a beast of a weapon. In fire fights i drop down to crouch and it decreases the crosshair spread immensely. The other LMG is handy for long range maps.

Second class is the Tact only cause if someone on my team isnt using Tact and we dont take spawns and the enemy do your team will get owned hard. Recon with the Silenced SMG is a great run and gun set up also.

I'm using Tactician at moment and unlocking Infiltrator with my unlock points as I get them. Really like the assault rifle in this class and the bots get you a lot of assist points with a few kills a game.

Too many Marksmen in this game and it's really frustrating when you seem to be the only person going for the objective. The controls are perfect, not too heavy and not too light but I think they've messed around with the multiplayer a bit too much. All though I'm enjoying it, I'd like to see a few changes and a few more things from KZ2 added in.

There way too many snipers in this game. Like every other multiplayer shooter out there.

Any specific reasoin as to why I get stuck on the same map sometimes when playing Warzone. It's usually the one from KZ2 with the mechs.
    And that one never seems to be included in the list of maps when you get to pick which one you wanna play on next?

• Advertisement

There way too many snipers in this game. Like every other multiplayer shooter out there.

Any specific reasoin as to why I get stuck on the same map sometimes when playing Warzone. It's usually the one from KZ2 with the mechs.
    And that one never seems to be included in the list of maps when you get to pick which one you wanna play on next?

Because its a DLC map, as is the TDM map Blood Gracht. So they have them set in there own little playlist. So when it came to a vote and say Blood Gracht won the map vote people wouldnt get kicked who didnt have the DLC pack. Its kinda annoying, but whats way more annoying is that everytime i search for a game it seems to put me into the DLC maps playlist. I leave Blood Gracht cause i wanna play some other map and it brings me back into another lobby playing Blood Gracht :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

That map with and jetpacks, does any1 ever shut down the emp, its an easy 150 xp. Way too many snipers, although i came upon a nest of them tonight and knifed 4 of them and set up my lvl 3 turret to mow down 3 spawners running out against it :D good times. Started playing killzone 2 story tonight nearly finished, then onto 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hey lads, just wondering is it worth getting a move for Killzone 3?

Im starting to tire of the multiplayer in this game. Operations is just way to unbalanced in the Helghast's favor. Same goes for Warzone, planting bombs or capping the propeganda speaker are close to impossible on some maps. Thats if people actually do go for Obj. Camping is rife in this game as people know is pointless to go for the Obj so they camp areas, which i am guilty of. After a few games of camping choke points i realised, hey im just not having fun. Plus i find the whole aiming from the hip vs ADS mechanic is annoying. In CoD and many other "modern" shooters ADS is the way to go except at extreme close ranges. But in KZ3 Hipfiring is king except at extreme long ranges. It all feels like a game of luck when i come up to an enemy and we go gun on gun. Not to mention the spawns. I think the spawn nade in KZ3 was better than the spawn points we have in this game. Well the main peev i have with it is that the enemy is invulnerable for a certain amount of time after spawning, which makes taking active spawn points impossible

I may just blitz the singleplayer and trade it back to gamestop as i saw today they are offering 45 Euro for it, 5 euro for a weeks rental, not bad.

I do miss the spawn point grenades from KZ2. :(

I have to say, the maps are pretty dire in this game. Some of the best two, are the two from KZ2, and they weren't even the best ones from KZ2.
    Pyrrhuss Crater is a fav of mine though.

I'm not sure if I'm beginning to lose my patience with this game. :o

Time will tell, and I'll be damned if they think I'm willing to pay €7 for two maps every month or so. The userbase for the game started out fragmented from the get-go, what with the retro map pack. And people say the COD map packs are a rip off!

Just got spawn trapped with my team on one of the snow maps there. Bring back the spawn grenade and spawn on squad leader, why did they take them out? Anyone else feel they've taken a few steps back with the multiplayer on this and Killzone 2's was better?

This game is going to flop horribly if they don't sort it out soon.

Details of Patch 1.04.
    CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY

Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
    Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
    Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
    Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
    Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
    Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
    Performance – Improvements to party creation server load
    Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
    Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
    Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
    Menu - Single click squad invite
    Menu - Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn’t spawned if he’s still pressing buttons
    Security - Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes

BUG FIXES

Stability – Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
    Stability – Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps
    Gameplay - Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
    Gameplay - The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
    Gameplay - Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
    Gameplay - Global - Medic’s Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
    Gameplay - Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
    Gameplay – Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
    Gameplay – Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
    Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries
    Functionality – Disc eject now handled more gracefully
    Trophies - DLC 1 ‘Little Big Weapons’ Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2
    Clan functionality – Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone.
    Menu - Find game – Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
    Menu - Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
    Menu – Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
    Menu - Spawn-screen – Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
    Menu - Accolades do now show subsequently
    Menu - When receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a warning that the player will leave his current game.
    Menu - Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
    Menu - The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
    Menu – Fix for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the message ‘You cannot join a play that is not in a game.’
    Menu - Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
    Menu – Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
    Menu – Fix for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC game without the required DLC content installed reading better
    Menu - Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen.

Think we'll be expecting a few patches in the first month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone playing this with the sharpshooter?

Started today, and its not easy......:confused:

when is that patch going live? Is it live now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

whiterebel wrote: »
    Started today, and its not easy......:confused:

Its very tricky to look around with the sharp shooter, ive removed the Nav from the gun and hold it in my left hand then hold the gun in one hand like some bad ass Duke Nukem

Advertisement