Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Try setting the Deadzone to zero all round, to get the camera moving quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its moves too much thats my problem, i just need to get used to it, i keep forgetting and after a fire fight ill rest the gun and he ends up looking at the ground :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

new update coming later this week! :)

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_IE/blog/news/2011-03-03_patch-1-04-announcement.html

more updates coming up too, great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players

Great, i got caught in doorways from this a lot.
    Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds

Handy, only once or twice did i need to heal someone after just finishing another.
    Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now

No way that can be right, 20 meters it used to be around 2-3.

The Sharpshooter has a tough learning curve it seems. I'm still nowhere near good at it. As I said before, I have moments where I can pull off 3 headshots in as many seconds or ENJOY the rail sections, but then it's all ruined when I'm faced with a staircase.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Varik wrote: »

No way that can be right, 20 meters it used to be around 2-3.

It was much, much further in KZ2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Singleplayer looked pretty but felt very uneven overall and not a patch on killzone 2, story was all over the place also. multiplayer i had high hopes for but it feels like another black ops clone with crappy maps. back to bc2 with me:D

Have a gamestop code for double mp points for first 24 hours of play and retro map pack included.
    gonna trade this game in as i have it finished and didn't use the code, the first person that sends me a private message gets it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Right, finished it last night. I really can't see why some can't follow the storyline or are giving out about the plot. They'd have no chance with Memento or The usual Suspects....:D
    I think it suffers a bit because KZ2 was so good, and so different from CoD and the like. Certainly the story was clear to me compared to the messes involved in the last couple of CoDs.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Finished the campaign last light. I loved it but the ending was crap and it was a bit on the short side :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Singleplayer looked pretty but felt very uneven overall and not a patch on killzone 2, story was all over the place also. multiplayer i had high hopes for but it feels like another black ops clone with crappy maps. back to bc2 with me:D
    Have a gamestop code for double mp points for first 24 hours of play and retro map pack included.
    gonna trade this game in as i have it finished and didn't use the code, the first person that sends me a private message gets it.

LOL ! In what way does it feel like another black ops clone ? It has guns ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Is it just me or does there seem to be a massive amount of french guys in multiplayer. There always seems to be a couple of french guys with mics in every game im in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Is it just me or does there seem to be a massive amount of french guys in multiplayer. There always seems to be a couple of french guys with mics in every game im in.
    Yeah I have always found that since KZ2 that there are a lot of French guys with mics! I guess that's another reason why playing with a clan is good. If it bothers you you could change your server to the US but the lag then might be really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

GothPunk wrote: »
    Yeah I have always found that since KZ2 that there are a lot of French guys with mics! I guess that's another reason why playing with a clan is good. If it bothers you you could change your server to the US but the lag then might be really bad.

I wouldn't say it bothers me more that it just seems starnge there aren't equal amounts of germans or spanish or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Magill wrote: »
    LOL ! In what way does it feel like another black ops clone ? It has guns ? :D

well ya, that too.:rolleyes:

For me personally its another run and gunner with no strategy involved is all. and maps ain't that great in comparison to BC2. the fact that they have confirmed that there will be new map pack out soon and there will be a price tag attached again is a joke. DICE gave out free maps regularly and charged less for a complete overhaul of the game in veitnam than Black Ops charged for a map pack.

I was hoping for it to draw my attention away from BC2 for a month or so but i guess i will have to be hopeful that Crysis 2 has something with a larger level of change from the now norm of fast paced first person shooters.;)

Don't forget how much extra pressie these guysh (sic) were under to make the game 3D and Move compatible. They've actually done a brilliant job with the Move. I'm disspointed in some aspects of the game ( shocking A.I being one of them), but I love the Killzone world.

Ohh yes I see.. But did the Helghan not say 'sir' or something like that.. I will pay more attention when I finish it on elite.. Yeah you have to be right there, otherwise why would she be in the video.. Well spotted :p.. Hopefully next time they actually have a long story :)
    I went back through it, in the opening sequence you see Visari walking in Behind the admiral, he talks to Stahl and Radic and asks if "the package" is ready then points and they walk off. He then meets the daughter who does pull away, a cut scene then shows Stahl and Radic loading "the package" onto an ISA ship they shoot the helgast soldier so no one can talk and it flies away.

What the package is i dont know but the ship at the end has a helgan emblem on it so i dont think its the same ship. So really i figured nothing out only made another question for myself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thinking of getting the sharp shooter off HMV for 37 euro online. (£5 off this weekend)

Can anywhere do better than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Just finished the game there. It's a bit bloody short for my liking and in all honesty, the single player was a disappointment after the success of KZ2. I was never challenged, the final mission felt like a half-way point in the game and was far too easy (playing on normal mode, I shouldn't have to switch to hard or elite to be challanged). The story was all over the place, audio problems aplenty and an ending that just feels stillborn. I have no doubt that I'm going to love the multiplayer, but seriously the single player was such a let down.

Edit: totted it up there, finished it in just under 5 hours. Ridiculous!

qz wrote: »

Edit: totted it up there, finished it in just under 5 hours. Ridiculous!

I wish someone would invent some kind of picture representation of me holding my face in my hand that i could use every time i see this

I wish someone would invent some kind of picture representation of me holding my face in my hand that i could use every time i see this

Here you go brother.

facepalm.jpg

After reading through the thread I understand that the chapter times are not indicative of the overall time taken to finish the game, merely the best times. Yet there were only a small number of chapters that took me multiple tries, so the overall time taken is not far off what I posted. I maintain that the campaign is way too bloody short.

With regards to the ending:
    after reading the theories and watching the opening scene again a few times it does seem very plausible indeed that Visari will return. It clicks into place once you're told it, but for a casual gamer (me) that wanted a fun ride and an engaging/clever story, it was far too cloaked.

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »

After reading through the thread I understand that the chapter times are not indicative of the overall time taken to finish the game, merely the best times. Yet there were only a small number of chapters that took me multiple tries, so the overall time taken is not far off what I posted. I maintain that the campaign is way too bloody short.

With regards to the ending:
    after reading the theories and watching the opening scene again a few times it does seem very plausible indeed that Visari will return. It clicks into place once you're told it, but for a casual gamer (me) that wanted a fun ride and an engaging/clever story, it was far too cloaked.

It is short in the sense i wanted to play more, it is still average compared to most FPS released no a days. medal of honor black ops etc all around the same time.

Also:
    Visari from KZ2 does appear to be different than the Visari from the beginning of KZ3.

Viasri from KZ2: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hYehLho7ACM/TE01ySC95jI/AAAAAAAAAK8/mMjNhxDpg0w/s1600/Emperor-Visari.jpg

Viasri from KZ3: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPEFxQKiCjzhwOfLxvwO_rFDUn31TsRmABQWrOfXoySSV627woxA&t=1

You won't be able to copy and paste due to the spoiler tags unless you quote the post, or go look for yourselves =]

It is short in the sense i wanted to play more, it is still average compared to most FPS released no a days. medal of honor black ops etc all around the same time.

Guess I just assumed that one of the flagship exclusive titles of the PS3, second only to Uncharted imo, would have delivered more single player-wise.

• Gonna sit in tonight, have a few beers and play this multiplayer. Although i would like a few PSN to play with?! Anyone playing this eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

How gay my copy won't load.. There's no scratches just hand prints it was left sitting on fallout last night when I had few friends over with some beers so one of them must have left it there... Would I get a new copy if I left it back?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Gonna sit in tonight, have a few beers and play this multiplayer. Although i would like a few PSN to play with?! Anyone playing this eve?

Ive tonight set aside for KZ3 and fight night so should be on at some stage

add Bubs78

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Could someone add me too? PSN under post, Playing right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finished the Singleplayer just yesterday. When i got to Stahl Arms i just wanted the game to finish to be honest i had enough of it. Maybe not enough of "it", more like enough of the story component of FPS games. Although that gun you get in Stahl Arms was lotsa fun to use :D

As for the multiplayer, im done with it already. Game is ruined by the maps and the fact that the game is more camp friendly than other FPS games on the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i actually just realised today while playing online with Gothpunk, if you get the faster reload ribbon you can reload your gun faster , genius if you ask me , takin call of duty perk idea but making it as you have to earn it by getting kills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

if you get the faster reload ribbon you can reload your gun faster

srsly?

Advertisement