Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Looking forward to this, Dead space 2 end of this month, KZ3 next month, action aplenty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Varik wrote: »
    It seems they listened to the complaints from fans about the lack of story in Killzone 2 then?

It's really weird how they handled the story of Killzone 2, if you read their website at the time they have a ton of the history of Helghan and Vekta written, the back story of the characters, the technology, loads of concept art - and yet hardly any of that made it into the story of the game.

If the story trailer is anything to go by, those 70 minutes of cutscene will be pretty enjoyable - Malcolm McDowell and Ray Winstone are great actors after all, very distinctive voices too which lends well to videogame work.

(And if Killzone 2 is anything to go by, the less Rico the better).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hopefully within those 70mins of cutscenes, Rico dies.... with as little honour as possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

I never liked Killzone 2, far too repetitive and nothing new in the game compared to the other FPS out at the time I bought it.

Though I do love a good single player story so I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote: »
    I never liked Killzone 2, far too repetitive and nothing new in the game compared to the other FPS out at the time I bought it.

Though I do love a good single player story so I'll be keeping an eye on this one!
    As much as I loved Killzone 2, I think that's a very fair criticism of the game about it lacking innovation. I think the thing about Killzone 2 though was that it took things from what had gone before and refined them. The game won awards for AI, the graphics and art design, which I think are the great strengths of the game. I think videogames by their very nature are repetitive, it's whether they're fun that matters, and I thought Killzone 2 was a lot of fun (the nail gun, the arc lightning, commanding a mech etc). The multiplayer was also fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Killzone 2 was pretty much been there, done that and done it way better for me as well from what I played. Might just pick it up anyway since it's 15 euros I think.

Playing through it again atm (never finished the last fight last time), it's enjoyable enough, alot of very annoying moments though, sometimes you just feel as if your just playing it for the sake of playing it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Killzone 2 was pretty much been there, done that and done it way better for me as well from what I played. Might just pick it up anyway since it's 15 euros I think.
    Do it! At least you might actually finish it (I'm looking at YOU Wolfie! :pac:)

I think I'll start playing KZ2 online again for a while in the run up to KZ3, maybe some of the old Boards clan would like to get in a few games? If we do you should play with us Retr0, tis a blast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't mind. Might be a while before I'm back in town to pick up a copy though.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind. Might be a while before I'm back in town to pick up a copy though.
    Ah I'm sure I can arrange something, anything for you Retr0. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They have some new twists in the game, it does seem like they are looking at MAG and trying to integrate more team play and objectives. No harm taking from one of the best FPS out there.

I enjoyed K2 but at the end of the day its a FPS how new or innovative can you really make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I loved KZ2. I killed most people in the single player with the knife, haha. I loved the multiplayer. This is a day 1 purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I want Killzone 2 now badly :(... Feck my poor life :p... Anyways anyone know if the collectors edition would be worth it? It's down for 50 pound on game.co.uk... I wouldnt mind the helghast edition but does it only include the helghast head extra than the collectors edition?

I'm pretty sure the normal game is 15 in smyths at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

GothPunk wrote: »
    I think I'll start playing KZ2 online again for a while in the run up to KZ3, maybe some of the old Boards clan would like to get in a few games?

Good idea, I stuck the disc back in over the Christmas break and started where I left off - halfway through in the city on the most difficult setting. That was difficult when I had pretty much forgotten the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Idleater wrote: »
    Good idea, I stuck the disc back in over the Christmas break and started where I left off - halfway through in the city on the most difficult setting. That was difficult when I had pretty much forgotten the controls.

I hate that the amount of times ive had a game half finished but forgot all the buttons and im usually stuck on a really hard bit that i couldnt do when i knew what i was doing :D Had to start Dead Space twice because of this.

Think ill go back for a game of Killzone 2 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll have to give up every other FPS while playing this. It's a difference pace altogether. I could jump between MAG and MW2, but not KZ2 this and anything else.

How much is the Helghast edition and where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Is the coop campaign online as well as sh%tscreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

How much is the Helghast edition and where.

According to Smyth's website they will have it for 129 euro.

Just got Killzone 2 for 10 quid in Xtra-Vision... I will be playing this tonight so message my PSN - cartman91 if you want to play and I will delete someone and add you..

Also would the CE be worth it for 65 quid?

I think so anyway, the steel case looks freakin awesome.

I think so anyway, the steel case looks freakin awesome.

If I got it, it would make my 3DS money go extremely low :P...

BTW up for some Killzone 2 tonight?

Sorry mate can't, got an exam tomorrow! Later on in the week though!

If I got it, it would make my 3DS money go extremely low :P...

Don't get one at all you'll have loads of money left then, also haven't you heard playing with it will make you go blind:D.

Don't get one at all you'll have loads of money left then, also haven't you heard playing with it will make you go blind:D.

Are you trying to state I am under 6 :p.. haha

Yeah then I be fit to get the Helghast Edition :eek:

Btw that Helghast Edt. probably go way down after few months.. Went into GAME today and seen the Black Ops Prestige for 100euro and was near tempted... Why did I pay 55euro for that game I just do not know :(..

Btw that Helghast Edt. probably go way down after few months.. Went into GAME today and seen the Black Ops Prestige for 100euro and was near tempted... Why did I pay 55euro for that game I just do not know :(..

Saw a large pile of Halo reach big edition boxes in game, looked like they were trying to give them away.

100 for a camera on a remote control car not bad, but i have no idea how much one would be normally.

Saw a large pile of Halo reach big edition boxes in game, looked like they were trying to give them away.

100 for a camera on a remote control car not bad, but i have no idea how much one would be normally.

Yeah.. I think there sold out though? Well on the site they are..

Yeah it aint too bad... I think they where 130-150 on launch.. It also includes the game which I got for 55euro and I think it includes the old zombie maps aswell which aint bad..

Anyways yeah I think I should get the CE its only going to be an extra 15 and I get loadsa extras..

• Advertisement

ISA get their own SMG this time and the assault rifles and SMGs get Suppressor add-ons.

5385111696_cf7aa26302_m.jpg

An outline image of the smg was in the beta but i don't think you use it.

Advertisement