Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Im still savin for it. I also have a week off when it comes out so i wont be leaving my Ps3 for a secondicon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have a question... Is the aiming still R3 ? (please say no).. Or can you change the controls so R1 is to aim?... Also is there going to be an open beta for us to play online before it comes out?

I hear there suppose to be one in Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I played the beat with L1 to aim and R1 to fire anyway.

Open beta early feb altight, think around the 4th or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have a question... Is the aiming still R3 ? (please say no).. Or can you change the controls so R1 is to aim?... Also is there going to be an open beta for us to play online before it comes out?

I hear there suppose to be one in Feb?
    I played the beat with L1 to aim and R1 to fire anyway.

Open beta early feb altight, think around the 4th or so.

I think L1 & R1 are standard on Sony games, L3 was sprint and R3 was melee i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It is R3 to aim but you can change it to L1

• Advertisement

Hehe I got mixed up between R1 and L1... It's L1 I use to aim so thats good... Can you change it in Killzone 2? Also I will be on Killzone 2 a good bit up untill launch if yas want to play... Going for that 1% trophy but doesnt look like I will get it :(.. I played 40hrs after 1st week of launch and still managed to not get it...

Going for that 1% trophy but doesnt look like I will get it :(.. I played 40hrs after 1st week of launch and still managed to not get it...

What's the score and rank you'll need for the week, do you know what score you need by the end of the week. The amount of points you need now is not as high but the range of ranks that are in the top 1% is lower.

Varik wrote: »
    What's the score and rank you'll need for the week, do you know what score you need by the end of the week. The amount of points you need now is not as high but the range of ranks that are in the top 1% is lower.

I think yesterday there was like 20,000 people playing that week and I was ranked 4400 or something... So I would need to get to the top 200 but I do not know if I want to play that much?...

How you check the score you need by end of week?

New MP trailer in the Jungle.

Colours aren't as vibrant as i had hoped.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/new-killzone-3-gameplay-trailer?size=hd

Ahh man, jungle is my most hated map on COD... Hopefully this one aint so bad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Well it aint a jungle as we know it. Its on a different planet with different atmosphere. Sure look at the sky, it looks very polluted. That being said the game looks **** hot. Very looking forward to the demo/beta release in Feb.

Also the guy at the end had no facial animation after being stabbed. Hope this is fixed in the final release

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I think yesterday there was like 20,000 people playing that week and I was ranked 4400 or something... So I would need to get to the top 200 but I do not know if I want to play that much?...

How you check the score you need by end of week?

You need to do it on the PS3 as the leader boards on the site don't give the last week they give the current week and incorrectly list it as last week, followed by some other steps.

1: Go onto last weeks weekly leader boards and go to last page, copy down lowest rank, more than 1 person can have the same rank if their scores are the same.

2: Find 1% of that number and go to that ranking higher up on the list, check the players at that rank to see what points they got.

3: aim for higher than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I'm not sure if I am as excited as I thought I would be, I have to say I thought KZ2 was kind of slow moving regarding character control. But they are great games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Sci fi at its best . im gonna order my helghast edtion and have helghast head in my room as a symbol , no gimp mask breath mother F**** With me or my buddies

OMG just seen on game Killzone 3 with Jungle controller... 75 pound though? Hmm wonder will it be worth it?..

LINK:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Killzone-3-with-Jungle-Green-Dualshock-Controller/~r353601/?s=killzone+3

PS3-Dual-Shock-Jungle-green.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Thats horrible looking and a complete rip off.

For €90 at the very least they could of redesigned the colour scheme of the whole controller, not just stuck a green shell on half of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Thats horrible looking and a complete rip off.

For €90 at the very least they could of redesigned the colour scheme of the whole controller, not just stuck a green shell on half of it.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm pretty sure that's for the game and controller bundle...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm pretty sure that's for the game and controller bundle...

It is, but its still a pretty poor effort for the controller.....

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    It is, but its still a pretty poor effort for the controller.....

I agree, but I think it does stand out from other controllers.. And all my controllers are basically broke or have 1 button not working so I may need a new controller...

Maybe if this is 90 then basically im paying 40 for the controller (which DS3's cost like 50-55) and the game will cost about 50 in itself.. I am seriously tempted by this deal but not too sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Had a dream i was in a multiplayer game of Killzone last night, not playing it actually in it, we were ducked down behind a wall with Hellgast running across towards us, i woke up shouting "Hellgast in he open clear them out" !!! :D

That's weird, was talking to a mate of mine yesterday and he said much the same thing, except it was a Blops MP game :P

Lads the price of the kill zone 3 and controller bundle has dropped to 65£ that's 75euro clearly that is worth it.. Definitely getting this now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i sold 15 games for the helghast edition , im such a fanboy :P

The retro map pack comes out day 1 on PSN and with the 2 non-standard versions of the game, maps are Salamun Market and Blood Gracht and all KZ2 packs with 2 maps were €5.99 at the start. The old map packs had only a few weeks between each release i think they all came out during the summer. Anyone with Plus should wait if they can they may get the maps at some point in the not so far future, or buy them there only €6.

Anyone know what price the collectors edition will be and are Game the only ones to have it in Ireland as well as the UK.

I won't be playing much till summer so the boards clan better not die by the time i get free time.

Would it be too much to ask for the old map packs to be usable or up-datable, no chance of Activision ever doing it but please just this once can't Sony do it.

Still not a fan of day 1 paid DLC, it's not like there were made since the game went gold as the pack was mentioned a good while ago.

Varik wrote: »
    The retro map pack comes out day 1 on PSN and with the 2 non-standard versions of the game, maps are Salamun Market and Blood Gracht and all KZ2 packs with 2 maps were €5.99 at the start. The old map packs had only a few weeks between each release i think they all came out during the summer. Anyone with Plus should wait if they can they may get the maps at some point in the not so far future, or buy them there only €6.

Anyone know what price the collectors edition will be and are Game the only ones to have it in Ireland as well as the UK.

I won't be playing much till summer so the boards clan better not die by the time i get free time.

Would it be too much to ask for the old map packs to be usable or up-datable, no chance of Activision ever doing it but please just this once can't Sony do it.

Still not a fan of day 1 paid DLC, it's not like there were made since the game went gold as the pack was mentioned a good while ago.

I'm thinking 60 for collectors 80 for the controller bundle.. I for one will get controller bundle as I need new controller anyways..

Downloading beta ATM .. Damn it's taken long

i don't need any more DS3 but may get move now or at least when i do eventually get killzone.

MOVE Controls on Elite difficulty meaning no assists.

Light spoiler with location.

Some Review Scores...
    IGN 8.5/10
    Eurogamer 8/10
    Gametrailers 9.4/10
    Destructoid 10/10
    French OPSM 19/20
    GamePro Germany 9.4/10
    Gamespot 8.5/10
    TheSixthAxis 9/10
    1Up B+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Was playing it wit Move controller earlier, worked really well. Liked it a lot. Not sure if it will be my go-to way of playing it, but will probably play through single player with move at least.

Advertisement