Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Some Review Scores...
    IGN 8.5/10
    Eurogamer 8/10
    Gametrailers 9.4/10
    Destructoid 10/10
    French OPSM 19/20
    GamePro Germany 9.4/10
    Gamespot 8.5/10
    TheSixthAxis 9/10
    1Up B+

I'm so angry, all those Xbot reviews how dare they give it those terrible terrible scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Really enjoying the MP, they seemed to have tightened it up alot more even since the closed beta, really considering buying the move for this, but don't know if i can afford it.

One thing that is me with the reviews, which is especially apparent the IGN review is that they have KZ3 and Reach the same score for graphics... really???? Also saying that the story is terrible when they give Blops and MW2 9+, that's just ridiculous. Obviously i haven't played the campaign, but it can't be that bad!!

EDIT: Fixed some horrific errors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got into 1 game, 1 fecking game... Then 2mins in I get invite from friend and ever since that I can not even get passed the screen which says :

Multiplayer
    Botzone
    Options

I am furious... But for the 2 mins I had the game is amazing... Serious online and the aiming has improved so much it's unreal... Seems to also be a wide choice of guns..

(ahh 5mins ago I clicked multiplayer and it still aint loading :mad:)

@Wolf... Wow no way is the story going to be terrible... The Killzone 2 story was billion times better than Black Ops story anyways.. MW2 was good also but Killzone 2 got the upper edge... The cinematics in Killzone 2 are just amazing... I especially love the cinematic when you just put in the game.. Before the main screen..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

One thing that is me with the reviews, which is especially apparent the IGN review is that they have KZ3 and Reach the same score for graphics... really???? Also saying that the story is terrible when they give Blops and MW2 9+, that's just ridiculous. Obviously i haven't played the campaign, but it can't be that bad!!
    Reading the Eurogamer review now I'm beginning to see why it's being highlighted, it's not so much to do with the story itself but the manner in which it's presented level by level. One of the things I really liked about Killzone 2 was the fact that you really did feel like a grunt in the middle of a war, your objectives were basic but the journey to them was what was enjoyable, especially given the surroundings of Helghan. It seems they ditched this in KZ3 in favour of doing something new in a different location in each level, which means it looses some of it's unique charm when compared to other similar titles :(

As for the graphics point, well they're entirely different. Halo's engine suits the more open and colourful design whereas the deferred rendering engine used in Killzone 3 is perfect for the dark, gloomy and light source heavy design. Both have their strengths and look great in each case, I just wouldn't compare them against each other really.

I am quite enthused about the Move reviews though since I'm highly sceptical of any motion control replacing the traditional joypad (given that I already see it as a step down from my keyboard & mouse combo) but if it works it may be worth at least a playthrough to see it being done right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Killzone no matter what review it gets its still gonna be a winner to me an probably many others. it was my first fps game i ever played back on the ps2. i read of the reviews from ign gametrailers gamespot and from what i read the reviews are grand but its the score thats the problem. as wolf said how can blops and mw2 get 9 plus but killzone gets points taken away i think it all has to go down to Hype of games from the reviewer and maybe the bar as been set higher with games from the likes of mass effect and uncharted (etc).
    I just seen the reviews for the first killzone that got a 70 which is mind blown to me cause i thought that was an amazing game. From the killzone 3 beta i was apart of closed and open i know this wont disappoint.
    i already have the helghast edition pre ordered and i cant wait for this to come out

• Advertisement

Haven't been able to get into a single game for the last hour.

Haven't been able to get into a single game for the last hour.

same happened to me , i switched to my custom ip with the ps3 ports then it worked fine

Sadly i don't have the luxury of doing that :P

The whole thing is fecked tbh... Cant join a single game.. Over on the forums they say they are working on it.. I say it would be faster to just disconnect all servers for an hour or so... I aint been fit to get game since like 7.20.. Sometimes the whole thing freezes on me..

I'd say the multitudes of americans logging on now are really hammering the servers.

• Advertisement

I'd say the multitudes of americans logging on now are really hammering the servers.

Yeah more than likely, either way everyones blaming them anyways :p .. At one stage there was like 8/11 of my online friends playing the beta... I was like wtf so many no wonder the servers are fecked...

I really don't understand the love for the first Killzone game. Admittedly I only played it just before Killzone 2 came out but I was completely underwhelmed. As a point of reference, KZ1 was released in November 2004, the same month Half-Life 2 was released. Now, I know it's a bit unfair to compare a PS2 and a PC based shooter but there is simply no comparison between the two games on any level.

KZ3 should be winging it's way to me as I type so I'm certainly looking forward to playing it after KZ2. :)

gizmo wrote: »
    I really don't understand the love for the first Killzone game. Admittedly I only played it just before Killzone 2 came out but I was completely underwhelmed. As a point of reference, KZ1 was released in November 2004, the same month Half-Life 2 was released. Now, I know it's a bit unfair to compare a PS2 and a PC based shooter but there is simply no comparison between the two games on any level.

KZ3 should be winging it's way to me as I type so I'm certainly looking forward to playing it after KZ2. :)

Oh ya i agree with you with the half life kz1 but i never been a pc gamer , never owned one till 2006 but back in 2004 that game was my first experience maybe that could of made the impact of me , was great for what it was back then if i went back to it today maybe it could feel dated :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just seen the reviews for the first killzone that got a 70 which is mind blown to me cause i thought that was an amazing game.

70 seems a bit generous for me. Killzone 1 wasn't my first FPS and it was a bit ****. Killzone 2 was a massive improvement although I've issues with what little I did play.

Oh ya i agree with you with the half life kz1 but i never been a pc gamer , never owned one till 2006 but back in 2004 that game was my first experience maybe that could of made the impact of me , was great for what it was back then if i went back to it today maybe it could feel dated :D
    Ah, that'll explain it alright. As for going back to it again now? Don't, you'll be severely disappointed. :o

While the servers are down I decided to play Black Ops... And I forgot how much a failure ''Nuketown" is, especially on HQ's... Hmm may just go back on Killzone 2 now

Servers are back up people!

Feckin crashed on me, was top of the leader board too :(

Feckin crashed on me, was top of the leader board too :(

Yeah I seen that :p Well im just after getting 10 kill streak so I am happy haha... Serious game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I just downloaded the beta and played a couple of matches so far. I enjoed the MP in killzone 2 and i'm enjoying this one as well. I like the unlock system they've brought in for this. Also the melee as been greatly improved in this one.

Also i love executing wounded enemies. I'm a sadistic bastard at heart.:D

• Advertisement

I went from getting 1.5 kd ratio in a game to .5 kd.. Well I just don't know what's going on, I can't seem to aim as good as yesterday and now it seems virtually impossible to get a kill.. Not sure if I will buy this game, especially if this continues.. I don't know but something just doesn't feel right.. It's very dark level swell..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Are the servers down or something?

Headshot wrote: »
    Are the servers down or something?

They where working earlier.. I am going to try in next 10mins.. Go to killzone.com and it should keep you updated in the beta forum with the server problems thread..

They where working earlier.. I am going to try in next 10mins.. Go to killzone.com and it should keep you updated in the beta forum with the server problems thread..

I keep getting a network related error has occurred

network request timed out. please check network connection

Nothing wrong with my connection anyway

Also killzone website is down too

I keep getting a network related error has occurred

network request timed out. please check network connection

Nothing wrong with my connection anyway

Also killzone website is down too

Yeah the servers are completely fecked... They didn't really know what they where at with this beta tbh... The servers have barely been working since yesterday and it seems that this was a beta that should have been released months ago, not 3 weeks before release date..

I guess they will be back up soon and go off again etc..

I worry for the real game when it comes out

I worry for the real game when it comes out

Yeah based on the beta I do not think I will be picking this up..

Ah now lads, they'll have it all sorted out for the release, it may seem like a demo, but It's still a beta! The whole point it is to test the stress on the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And give me stress, everyone playing is an idiot or is using a shotgun in which they're bastards

• Advertisement

I aint saying I wont buy the game due to servers.. Im saying I may not buy because I suck a ss at it :(

Advertisement