Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

been meaningto download it actually. pre-ordered the game today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

62 million kills on mp so far with 10% being brutal Melee kills.

There was meant to be a new patch released there with fixed more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Most of my deaths are from melee, and the odd shot shotgun to the head. Still struggling with the DS3 controller for FPS games though, 4 years trying to get used to it. Say if I could stick in a 360 like controller my accuracy and K/D ratio would improve drastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Still struggling with the DS3 controller for FPS games though, 4 years trying to get used to it. Say if I could stick in a 360 like controller my accuracy and K/D ratio would improve drastically.

This. Having been playing Black Ops on the 360 since launch switching to the Dualshock for an FPS game was tough. Didnt like KZ3 at first but the more i play im starting to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone who isn't a PS+ member (like myself) can download the Demo for free on the Hong Kong store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Most of my deaths are from melee, and the odd shot shotgun to the head. Still struggling with the DS3 controller for FPS games though, 4 years trying to get used to it. Say if I could stick in a 360 like controller my accuracy and K/D ratio would improve drastically.

You can get a thing like this that lets you use a wired 360 controller on the PS3.

Might be of use, i had one for the old xbox that let me use PS2 controllers with it for Pro Evo.

This. Having been playing Black Ops on the 360 since launch switching to the Dualshock for an FPS game was tough. Didnt like KZ3 at first but the more i play im starting to love it.

I play black ops on ps3, even with the same controller it take some adjustment going to KZ. I have a problem going to 360 as the stick are slow and stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am seriously considering cancelling my pre order... I mean, when a team is getting destroying in Guerilla Warfare the teams don't even change?... It aint just that though it's also the bullcrap of disguise and all that crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It aint just that though it's also the bullcrap of disguise and all that crap...

They dont show up as allies on your map and also I shoot anything that moves just incase :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    They dont show up as allies on your map and also I shoot anything that moves just incase :pac:

Yeah I know that but still, I don't plan on looking on map every 2secs... It seems only reason I would actually want it is for the Single Player Campaign..

• Advertisement

Tbh i'm well used to cod at this stage so looking at the map constantly has become second nature to me, no problem for me!

Just finished the SP demo, freakin awesome stuff :D Roll on the 25th!

Keeping an eye on the map is not hard and for a game like this you need to more so than other games when it's more of a team effort, i don't find the disguise that good as normally no one sneaks up on me.

I am seriously considering cancelling my pre order... I mean, when a team is getting destroying in Guerilla Warfare the teams don't even change?... It aint just that though it's also the bullcrap of disguise and all that crap...

The Infiltrator does seem abit OP at the moment, has me ADSing on allies like all the time incase they come up and blast me. Was playing this morning and an Infiltrator melee'd me from behind then ran ahead of me to melee two more of my team mates without dropping the disguise.

My most used class in the beta is the Engi. Nobody seems to fix up the ammo boxes apart from me when im playing, so being able to loot an extra 2 grenades from them is great. Ammo problems aint a problem with the LMG but if you are using an SMG its very handy also. Best way to get kills with the Turret is to set him up in a camping spot (a corner) and let him go to work. Day one buy for me, just hope the servers are sound on day of release.
    Oh wow, didnt know this. Should help alot.

I dont think I will get it... I will just get bored of it like COD again and hate it so much... But I just don't know... Going to try get demo but I taught it was only for PS+ so I will try american store...

EDIT : yeah its only for PS+.. But Wolf you where playing it and I don't think you are on PS+... How you get it?... At least I think it was you that was playing it...

Hong Kong store is the only one that has it free ;)

Hong Kong store is the only one that has it free ;)

Ahh jaysus... Damn thats just way too much effort...

Ahh jaysus... Damn thats just way too much effort...

its on the jap store too

edit

damn that's the multi player I downloaded ugh

Yeah I know how to do it cheers.. I'm just too lazy hahah :p

EDIT: just got 48kills 14 deaths not too bad if I say so myself :p.

Played the single player there and Im just in awe of the graphics, I never seen anything like it on a ps3 before

just jaw dropping stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Ever thought of getting a frag fx shark mate? got one a month ago as i was the same, and used to play fps games on pc with mouse.FragFX-Shark_01-525x400.jpg

• Advertisement

Trophy Name Description

Bronze Trophies

Ready for Battle;
    Complete weapons training in Prologue

In Your Face;
    First Brutal Melee

No Witnesses;
    Destroy all dropships
    in Broken Highway

Mopping Up;
    Kill 40 or more Helghast foot soldiers in
    Senlin Beach

Sawn Off;
    Destroy all
    chasing
    APCs in
    Senlin Beach

Smoking Wrecks;
    Destroy all tanks in
    Senlin Beach

Turn the Tables;
    Kill a Capture Trooper using melee

Spiky Personality;
    Kill a Helghast by shooting a Burster Plant in
    Jungle Valley

Minigunned;
    Destroy all targets while on the Intruder in
    Frozen Shores

Quick Exit;
    Escape the
    oil rig
    quickly in
    Frozen Shores

Shattered;
    Destroy all glass in the
    labs in Stahl Arms South

Pinpoint;
    Kill the Heavy with an StA-14 in
    Blind Yards

Evening the Odds;
    Kill 500 Helghast

Cagefighter;
    Kill 10 Helghast using Brutal Melee

Frag Out;
    Kill 3 Helghast with 1 Frag Grenade

One Each;
    Kill 3 Helghast with the Shotgun Pistol – no reloads

Eagle Eye;
    Every Sniper Rifle bullet is a kill – no reloads

Power Spike;
    Brutal Melee another player

Team Player;
    Play a match as a part of a squad

Medic!;
    Revive another player

Handy Man;
    Repair an object

Now You See Me;
    Kill using Cloak

Spy Game;
    Kill using Disguise

Turf War;
    Capture a Tactical Spawn Point

Silver Trophies
    Now it’s Personal;
    Kill 1,000 Helghast

Fight to the Last;
    Kill 1,500 Helghast

Close Quarters Killer;
    Kill 25 Helghast with Brutal Melee

Hand to Hand Master;
    Kill 50 Helghast with Brutal Melee

Gold Trophies
    Victory;
    Complete Campaign on Elite

Grand Slam;
    Win a match in 3 multiplayer modes

It's easier than the last game.

A gold trophy for winning 3 MP modes? Possibly the easiest trophy eva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I tried to play Operations a while ago but every time the match started the "Your Faction has lost" message came up at the very start of the match. So i had this message in front of me while i was playing and had no HUD as a result.

I tried to start a new match but the same thing happened.

A gold trophy for winning 3 MP modes? Possibly the easiest trophy eva.

May take me some time to buy but will be getting all these, way easier than last game.

Anyone up for partying up now/tonight?

Anyone up for partying up now/tonight?

Was just on :(, loving it the more and more i play :) Hip firing is abit mental with the SMGs. Think im gonna main the Engineer in the full game. The only thing that sucks (for me) is that this game is on the PS3 :P I have problems with noise feedback on a mic with the PS3, so that kinda throws teamwork out the window. Ah well, ill just run around repairing **** :D

Right, played a god bit of it tonight and have to say i've fallen in love with it :P

When your on a team that's focused on winning and not just racking up xp then it's the most enjoyable MP game i've ever played.

Played through the campaign demo its very good, looks amazing. Can't wait for this now.

Just watching a clip about the sharp shooter attachment, it looks far more impressive than i thought. If you have any of the cheap Wii attacments you will know that they are little more than plastic cases where the trigger just moves a lever inside that pushes the button on the controller but with this the Move plugs into the gun and maps all the buttons from the Move onto the gun attachment. The reload button on the bottom of the clip awesome !! Single fire & automatic fire switch, pump action, cover button.

Here is the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi_foz9t8Ck&feature=player_embedded

The gun is out 2 days before Killzone 3 for around the 40-45euro mark.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, id have to buy the move+camera+nav controller + attachment + killzone 3..

Seems like an expensive investment! :P

Advertisement