Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Here is the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi_foz9t8Ck&feature=player_embedded

The gun is out 2 days before Killzone 3 for around the 40-45euro mark.

Look at the lag at the very end of the clip, I couldn't live with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi_foz9t8Ck&t=4m55s

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

How do you get the single player demo, I looked on the hong kong store and only saw the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yea it's been taken down off the HK store too, you'll have to get PS+ if you want it now, or just wait til wednesday when it'll be available to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played some more this morning. I feel like im wasting my time because my level will be reset back to zero when the final game is released, but i suppose its a nice preview of the weapons. So far they all feel good for their respective roles. The heavy LMG that doesnt have an ADS function is pretty useless, id rather just use an SMG. The battle pistol is also a waste imo, the grenades are to weak.

Would be nice if the score screen was sped up in the final release, takes way to long to go onto the pregame prep screen. Being able to view other players stats would be a nice addition. Stats ala Black Ops would be amazing :eek: Team changing would be nice also. Played some Warzone and my team was terrible. There was no engineers and i was the only Tactician on the team. We where stuck inside the base spawn area almost the entire game, and when i did actually manage to capture a spawn which was close to the objective (the plant the bomb gametype) my team STILL spawned at the base camp which was like miles away from the Obj! Maybe they could make it more visually known on the spawn screen that there is actually more than one spawn point available at times for the noobs. Then in the next round i was put on the very same team :mad: Suffice to say i quit

Oops bit of a rant there. Loving the game otherwise, cant come out soon enough. Is there a list of PSN names that will be playing this? If not someone should make one apon the game being released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

You can imagine all these people jumping for joy when they read this then they go to download it and its 40GB :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its a sad day for the ps3

iMuse wrote: »
    You can imagine all these people jumping for joy when they read this then they go to download it and its 40GB :p

Essentials are only 22gb :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its reviewers that are leaking these games and movies, thats whats really low. I know every game i get is kept under lock and key even after the release date.

They need to embed some ID into the review code disk so that they can check up to see who owns it and hit them and hit them very hard. The company is going out of its way to help you, your site/mag and your career and how do they thank them? :mad:

May not have been a reviewer, could have been someone who know someone inside Sony.

• Advertisement

Its out in a little over a week, retail disks will have been pressed and distribution started on some level. There's alot of places these leaks could be from.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's went gold a good while ago.

Of games to be a ****ing thieving pirate over killzone 3 would rank pretty low, the sp is under 5 hours long and PSN will just ban/block you if you tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    Of games to be a ****ing thieving pirate over killzone 3 would rank pretty low

Agreed, but ironic that they very drive that ripped this game in a PS3, was possibly using stolen technology from LG makes it amusing :) (And as Sony are in a Federal court over the claim, I'm assuming they never paid LG for the rights hence stealing).

I'm surprised this game isn't a mandatory 3.56 firmware game though? Or is it??

EnterNow wrote: »

I'm surprised this game isn't a mandatory 3.56 firmware game though? Or is it??

Why is that? Was it pressed before the 3.56 release?

I have no idea, seems a bit silly really, thought they might have tried to re-print them ala GT5.

I have no idea, seems a bit silly really, thought they might have tried to re-print them ala GT5.

Yeah same here, kind of a strange one. Maybe they didn't want to delay it, and I suppose unless it's built with the 3.56 sdk then any 3.56 requirement is supposedly easily evaded. Still hate to see this cr@p happening though :mad:

Sony were looking for evidence that Homebrew was being used to pirate games and now they have it, big blow to the CFW community.

Sony were looking for evidence that Homebrew was being used to pirate games and now they have it, big blow to the CFW community.

I don't think Killzone 3 was needed to prove that in all fairness. How is it a blow to CFW users?

Whoops, sorry meant to say against Geohot+failoverflow :P

• Advertisement

Whoops, sorry meant to say against Geohot+failoverflow :P

Lol I was wondering there :D

It's not a blow against him at all, GeoHot CFW 3.55 won't run backup managers as he left the peek/poke protection in place, unlike the other cfw's. Hows that for justice :D

Agreed, but ironic that they very drive that ripped this game in a PS3, was possibly using stolen technology from LG makes it amusing :) (And as Sony are in a Federal court over the claim, I'm assuming they never paid LG for the rights hence stealing).

what Patents describe aren't generally the same as an actual device/program/technology, keeping it with Homebrew if Sony had patented the SDK in that "a system or device to create software to run on a ps3" then even the non-coypyright infringing and Open-Source PS3 Homebrew SDK without any sony code while not a copy right infringement would possibly be a patent infringement depending on the wording.

what Patents describe aren't generally the same as an actual device/program/technology, keeping it with Homebrew if Sony had patented the SDK in that "a system or device to create software to run on a ps3" then even the non-coypyright infringing and Open-Source PS3 Homebrew SDK without any sony code while not a copy right infringement would possibly be a patent infringement depending on the wording.

A patent would never be given for such a broad scope as an SDK Varik, besides, if Federal Law didn't see this as a worthwhile case it would have been dismissed. It's gone to court, meaning LG have proved something certainly happened. Whether they stole the technology or not nobody knows yet, but if the case was warranted then a patent must have been violated.

What patents describe aren't generally the same as an actual device/programme/technology?? O...k, I'm off to build an empty box & call it the Playstation 4. If I get into trouble I'll quote you on that :D

A patent would never be given for such a broad scope as an SDK Varik, besides, if Federal Law didn't see this as a worthwhile case it would have been dismissed. It's gone to court, meaning LG have proved something certainly happened. Whether they stole the technology or not nobody knows yet, but if the case was warranted then a patent must have been violated.

What patents describe aren't generally the same as an actual device/programme/technology?? O...k, I'm off to build an empty box & call it the Playstation 4. If I get into trouble I'll quote you on that :D

Try reading's some then you'll find very few with such details, the ones that do are trying to prove an inventive step from comparable patents.

Try having a read about cold fusion patents and how they were given until 2004 after which U.S. Patent and Trademark Office stopped due to none of them having any basis in fact.

Try reading's some then you'll find very few with such details, the ones that do are trying to prove an inventive step from comparable patents.

Try having a read about cold fusion patents and how they were given until 2004 after which U.S. Patent and Trademark Office stopped due to none of them having any basis in fact.

I'll give the cold fusion patent a miss Varik, have you read the court papers on the blu-ray patent theft yourself? You do know there's teams of people employed to research these things before production, so calling this an accident because the patent was vague won't hold up. Here's a link to the complaint - http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/lg-attempting-stop-sale-ps3-u-s-80178/ No less than four patents it seems, Sony are accused of violating.

I'll give the cold fusion patent a miss Varik, have you read the court papers on the blu-ray patent theft yourself? You do know there's teams of people employed to research these things before production, so calling this an accident because the patent was vague won't hold up. Here's a link to the complaint - http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/lg-attempting-stop-sale-ps3-u-s-80178/ No less than four patents it seems, Sony are accused of violating.

I read them already and the full patents involve but not from some scene site, and LG is accused of violating no less than 8:eek:

I read them already and the full patents involve but not from some scene site, and LG is accused of violating no less than 8:eek:

I've no love for LG though, so what's your point? And 'some scene site' ? They're source was Bloomberg, read closer next time ;)

I've no love for LG though, so what's your point? And 'some scene site' ? They're source was Bloomberg, read closer next time ;)

Their source was but your was some scene site, i've read the original posting of this news and have been following this since last December when it start as i do like LGs as well as Sony and have been interested in all of this.
    I'll give the cold fusion patent a miss Varik, have you read the court papers on the blu-ray patent theft yourself? You do know there's teams of people employed to research these things before production, so calling this an accident because the patent was vague won't hold up.

Maybe you should, if you think patent that are just vague will still be upheld you should have a read of some patent that were given detailing possibly impossible systems and sometimes allowed even now with a change of terms.

To anyone else what levels do i get unlock points at haven't gotten any for a while.

Their source was but your was some scene site, i've read the original posting of this news and have been following this since last December when it start as i do like LGs as well as Sony and have been interested in all of this.

Maybe you should, if you think patent that are just vague will still be upheld you should have a read of some patent that were given detailing possibly impossible systems and sometimes allowed even now with a change of terms.

To anyone else what levels do i get unlock points at haven't gotten any for a while.

Well maybe psx-scene doesn't quite harbour discussion on cold-fusion, but it's a news site which is readable, unlike the type of sites you associate it with (leet console hacker sites). This is all besides the point though, I think we're all inagreement that the leak of Killzone 3 is a dark day, for home physicists & gamers alike.

• Advertisement

Well maybe psx-scene doesn't quite harbour discussion on cold-fusion, but it's a news site which is readable, unlike the type of sites you associate it with (leet console hacker sites).

It's up there with the KKKs blog and any justin bieber site.

This is all besides the point though, I think we're all inagreement that the leak of Killzone 3 is a dark day, for home physicists & gamers alike.

I don't think it is that bad, sales won't be affected much and while i like Killzone story it is short and even at the smaller 20GB size not worth it even if it was somehow legal.

Advertisement