Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    It's up there with the KKKs blog and any justin bieber site.

That may be, but then again I wouldn't know lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

New map being shown on the site.. Map looks awesome tbh :D

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_IE/blog/features/2011-02-11_mp3-medic.html

EDIT: this has probably already been posted but I aint seen.. just seen it was posted on the site on the 11th..

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-14-killzone-3-leaked-online
    Crysis 2 last week now Killzone 3 this week. I suppose the fact that it will only work on hacked ps3s probably means that it won't have the same effect on the developers the way it will have for Crytek (in terms of sales). Still disappointing to see though

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No need for new thread. Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I havent played the the beta for awhile now and had to download the latest patch

Im not sure now but I think this patch has made a balls of it, just hasnt performed the same as before the patch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I haven't really noticed anything different :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Does the beta end tomorrow?

Lads question for headset users

Do you sometimes have only 1 ear piece working, often my left ear piece is the only one working and its fine in other games (granted there seems to be something wrong with them because of the humming in them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

As of a killzone fan i am , i feel the melee is gonna annoy me , i be shooting bullets at a person but they just run up to me melee brutal kill , they wanna do something bout that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

In fairness to Guerrilla they do listen and update any problems, id say if brutal kills are unfairly balanced they will sort it. It might just be that its a new feature and people are going for that but it will settle down. Like MAG when the first week all the players picked sniper class because they didn't understand team work and the first weeks were ruined by snipers but it settled right down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In fairness to Guerrilla they do listen and update any problems, id say if brutal kills are unfairly balanced they will sort it. It might just be that its a new feature and people are going for that but it will settle down. Like MAG when the first week all the players picked sniper class because they didn't understand team work and the first weeks were ruined by snipers but it settled right down.

I've killed a few people who were doing it to a teammate and they were stuck in the animation, and getting killed while shooting has only happened to me once when i was shooting at them but only for a instance.

I think a big reason that so many kills being brutal melee is that it's cool, in cod if i have time to get close i go for a head shot but in KZ i try for a brutal melee.

If people are after the Killzone 3 limited edition with the green controller its 71.53 at the hut but if you act fast you can get 10% off before 2pm today by using WED10 as the discount code.

Makes it €64.29 not too bad for game and new controller.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone-3-limited-edition/10310578.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

just played the demo, its very good, brilliant graphics too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/
    We have begun shipping all preorders for Killzone 3 (SOCOM 4 BETA INCLUDED) - PS3 (FREE SHIPPING) (Preorder) so that customers can receive the game on or as close to street date as possible.

SREET DATE SHIPPING POLICY IN EFFECT!! If your parcels takes only 1 business day to arrive from us your order will ship out on Friday Feb 18th due to the Family Day holiday here in Canada. If your parcel takes 2 or more business days to arrive from us than it will ship out today. Also, all in store preorder pickups will be available on Tuesday Feb 22nd which is the official street date. NO EXCEPTIONS ON THIS PICKUP POLICY!!

Also, remember that all preorders placed up to Feb 22 ship for free! Thanks to all who preordered this massive game with us.
    ps3_killzone3.jpg
    KILLZONE 3: HELGHAST EDITION PS3 PREORDERS NOW OPEN
    We have finally received confirmation we will be receiving Killzone 3: Helghast Edition (SOCOM 4 BETA INCLUDED) - PS3 (1 Per Customer) (SHIPS EXPRESS) (Preorder) and have now opened preorders. Qty is limited and it's one per customer. Due to dimensions and weight of item it only ships Express shipping worldwide.
    killzone3_helghast.jpg

Standard Edition €44 for the game but €22 for shipping FFS !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Here are quite a few fixes and they all seem pretty good.
    • A fix to the "Your Faction Has Won/Lost" issue, along with all oddities that resulted from this occurring.
    • An issue that allowed more than two clans to join a clan match will be fixed.
    • Increased Accuracy, Bullet Damage and Faster Reload Ribbons will update. correctly on personal statistics screens.
    • Simplified the process to invite players into your game (just one button press).
    • The radius of the Marksman's Scramble++ has been lowered.
    • Medic's Revive distance increased and cooldown to re-use is decreased.
    • No collision on mortally wounded player bodies.
    • Increased player stamina.
    • An icon will be shown in the menu when you have a Killzone 3 message in your inbox.

Loving the Medic changes. It's always been frustrating having to sit next to a dying comrade and hoping you can recharge in time.

A second round of changes will be coming in the near future, too. Look below for those:

• Support for colour-blind players.
    • Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches.
    • Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to control over games modes and settings; secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with; the ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used; toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc; selecting which careers you want available to players; allow friendly fire to be turned on or off; faction switching enabled or disabled.
    • The Clan Officer role will be added to clans.
    • Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS.
    • Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down.
    • Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match.
    • Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered.
    • The Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
    • Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team.)
    • Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full.
    • Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided.
    • The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives.
    • A menu option to allow squad-only chat.
    • The addition of a Mute All button.
    • Scoreboard flickering will be fixed.
    • Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs. 8).

This game is really really good, looks amazing, plays really well, has a good pace to it and feels a lot better than K2 did. Started the single player campaign at 7 only up to the start of mission 6 now and i'm loving it.

Are you gonna play through on elite for your review? Also are you going to use the Move? Looking forward to the review!

Are you gonna play through on elite for your review? Also are you going to use the Move? Looking forward to the review!

Elite ! :o i am playing it through on normal now and its quite easy i would suggest starting above that for everyone (i would be an average FPS player) but i am in a rush to get get it finished to start pulling together the review, but the second i finish it i'm starting a play through with the Move which im really looking forward to, and if i get the sharp shooter next week ill play it again with that.

I liked K2 and enjoyed it but for me this is just way better it just seems to be flowing along nicely, the snow levels look great and so far nothing stupid has happened. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Played the single player demo last night and had so much fun. I thought the jet packs would seem gimmicky and just thrown in, but it worked really well. I really can't wait for this game, it's shaping up to be the GOTY for me already.

Told ya kers
    :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Played the single player demo today and enjoyed it much more than the online beta. Graphics are great. Will prob trade it in when im finished the single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Played the single player demo today and enjoyed it much more than the online beta. Graphics are great. Will prob trade it in when im finished the single player.

your better off renting it then than paying full price for it , single player suppose to be only 5 hours long

your better off renting it then than paying full price for it , single player suppose to be only 5 hours long

Its not, its much longer those stats that came out are twisting the time line it took me 4 1/2 hours to play through 2 1/4 hours of the game.

Just finished it. brilliant game. i read a few reviews saying it was a bit boring but i thought the whole thing was very enjoyable. A good solid 8-9 hours long although the "best times" for each mission shows game time at 5 hours 10mins. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I did that before and I never get to finish the game! I only like to play single player for a hour at a time roughly before turning it off anyway. Plus I want to play some online. Not a huge amount tho..

Half way through it for the second time, this time with the Move, it makes it a very different game to control. Takes a bit of getting used to, as you would normally aim a gun with your left hand and pull the trigger with your right but with the Move you aim and shoot with the one hand, takes a while to get used to the turning around too but its easier to hit things. Way more head shots!!

I whacked up the difficultly to the next level and its a bit harder but the second play through is a bit easier (as i know what to do) so it kind of balances out.

Still really enjoyable playing it through again perhaps im enjoying it a bit more now that im not always thinking a crap whats next :eek: and i can sit back and enjoy the whole game.

Edit the review is up now if your interested

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

going through the SP demo now with normal controller. It looks and feels fantastic. I have also ordered the Sony sharp shooter to go with it.....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lynch Mob

Anyone have any ideas which Irish stores will be stocking the collectors edition?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Lynch Mob wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas which Irish stores will be stocking the collectors edition?

If you mean the Steelbook case, Smyths or Gamestop are stocking them. Don't know about Game or XV

Advertisement