Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final o2 Bill

Options
  • 17-08-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I changed to vodafone on the 30th of july.
    I got my final bill from o2 on the 4th of august for -1.58, but today i checked my acc and they charged me 73 euro,
    Iv been trying to get through all evening but am just waiting over 25 mins each time and then i get cut off,
    i cant log into my o2 as it comes up invalid acc,
    does ne one know what these charges are??
    I dont know if i have this in the right place either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only people who can answer that are O2. Why didn't you cancel the direct debit since the last bill was negative? There should be no reason for O2 to charge anything. You could bring the bill to the bank and ask them to reverse the direct debit seeing as how it does not match the billed amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

I didnt know i had to cancel it i thought it would be done automatically,
    do i just go into the bank is it? and they can reverse it??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

miccy203 wrote: »
    I changed to vodafone on the 30th of july.
    I got my final bill from o2 on the 4th of august for -1.58, but today i checked my acc and they charged me 73 euro,
    Iv been trying to get through all evening but am just waiting over 25 mins each time and then i get cut off,
    i cant log into my o2 as it comes up invalid acc,
    does ne one know what these charges are??
    I dont know if i have this in the right place either.

Were you out of contract with O2 ie was it more than 12 / 18 months since you signed up to O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They can reverse it. You need to be insistent. Bank officials are lazy creatures and will need poking to get anything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

it was one of those simplicity plans that is not a contract,
    i went into the car phone warehouse and dey done it all for me i just got a shock wen i saw it, wen i wasnt told about it, i thought the final bill would hav all the charges on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you log into your account online and view the bill from there?

Contact your bank and cancel the direct debit. Provide them with proof of the cancellation of service if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

You wont be able to log onto 02.ie as you're no longer a customer- the only way of getting a definite answer is by contacting 02's billing dept

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Good point Ah-Watch :) Amazing what you don't think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Were you out of contract with O2 ie was it more than 12 / 18 months since you signed up to O2.
    If you weren't out of contract there may have been a cancellation fee applied. It wouldn't surprise me if CarPhone Warehouse did not inform you of this if they were porting your number to another network.

Advertisement