Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find age of Housing Estate

• 17-08-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

In the last two to three years it has become clear that a lot of dodgy building was going on particularly around the suburbs of Dublin and Meath. It seems that it was a result of the celtic tiger so it would be anything built 1999 to about 2008. If I now want to buy a house in these areas how can I identify when the house was built in order to avoid buying a pile of junk. Estate Agents wont tell you as its not in their interest. Surveys are one thing but they cant determine what they cant see. I have tried searching by age but housing estates are not listed by age. I have tried the planning notices but these are vague and only tell when permission was granted.I cant believe there is not a list held by councils with dates when completed for estates. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Land registry might be the best place to contact about this.

http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Check the planning application from the relevant council. They are usually all available online. There would have been a commencement notice sent in which would tell you

Advertisement