Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concrete core drilling

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone got prices for concrete hole drilling. looking for 2" holes to be drilled through a raft and need 6 of them. 600 euro i thought was a bit high.
    Any thoughts anyone.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Hi,
    Has anyone got prices for concrete hole drilling. looking for 2" holes to be drilled through a raft and need 6 of them. 600 euro i thought was a bit high.
    Any thoughts anyone.

600 is an absolute rip off! I got coring done in my place, think there was about 12 number 4 to 6" holes in hollowcore slab and a couple of wall cores, and it was €300. I suppose t might depend on thickness too, hollowcore and screed was 300mm thick.

for 2 inch holes tho, my plumber included them for free. where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hi,
    Any thoughts anyone.

Hire the core drill.

150 for the day max

Rig, bit, water bottle, anchor bolts....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

bruschi wrote: »
    for 2 inch holes tho, my plumber included them for free. where are you based?

You anywhere near Laois?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

sas wrote: »
    You anywhere near Laois?

no, but plumber isnt far away. you need details? or are you looking for core drilling done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

bruschi wrote: »
    no, but plumber isnt far away. you need details? or are you looking for core drilling done?

I've a tendancy to stick to who I know for trades.

Core drilling is a one off so cheaper is better. You got yourself a deal there at 300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

in the west. got that quote from a company in galway. I have since got 2 other quotes for 250 and 230 with the requirement of onsite electricity.

Advertisement