Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham away to stoke

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Our first away game of the season and bound to be a difficult one. Harry has just said on tv that defoe and modric picked up injuries so must be doubtful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Crouch to start and do same job as last year stop the delap throws

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

King can't be risked with the 2nd leg against Young Boys in mind. Keane looked sharp when he came on tonight so I'd give him a start:

Gomes
    Charlie--Bassong----Dawson
    BAE
    Lennon--Palacios--Huddlestone--Bale
    Keane--Crouch

Kaboul is probably in contention for Corluka's spot, and Kranjcar might get a start if Bale is rested. I find that BAE usually bounces back well from a poor outing so I'd go with him at LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I think we will see a few changes from tonight. I reckon Bale will be rested for sure. Here is how I see us lining out.

Gomes
    Kaboul----Dawson---Bassong---BAE
    Niko----Wilson----Huddlestone----Gio
    Pav---Keane--

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes I would see Pav on ahead of Crouch. Would not be good for his confidence to put him on the bench even though he did not play well. Perhaps the goal tonight will put the spark back in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

personally i think charlie should be dropped. i am a fan of his but he was shocking last night passing wise. maybe hutton or one of the kyles??

only thing on that note is stoke isnt aeasy place to go to and may want experience at full back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

keane=cock wrote: »
    personally i think charlie should be dropped. i am a fan of his but he was shocking last night passing wise. maybe hutton or one of the kyles??

only thing on that note is stoke isnt aeasy place to go to and may want experience at full back

charlie most certainly should be dropped. kaboul proved last season that he can do a job there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

kakee wrote: »
    Our first away game of the season and bound to be a difficult one. Harry has just said on tv that defoe and modric picked up injuries so must be doubtful.

At least Stoke will be missing there new record signing Kenwyn Jones. I think he is a cracking player, would have liked to see him at spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

daveman16 wrote: »
    At least Stoke will be missing there new record signing Kenwyn Jones. I think he is a cracking player, would have liked to see him at spurs

Word today is that he is available for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

golfball37 wrote: »
    Word today is that he is available for tomorrow.

Ah Nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

According to Harry, Defoe,Keane,Pav,Gio and Luka are all missing for tomorrow. So it'll be 451 or 433, look at it whatever way you like, with Crouch up the middle and 2 wingers high up, most likely lennon and bale. Probably Hudd/Wilson and Niko as the 3 in the middle.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hatch99 wrote: »
    According to Harry, Defoe,Keane,Pav,Gio and Luka are all missing for tomorrow. So it'll be 451 or 433, look at it whatever way you like, with Crouch up the middle and 2 wingers high up, most likely lennon and bale. Probably Hudd/Wilson and Niko as the 3 in the middle.

COYS

Our bench is likely to look something like this:

Cudicini,
    Kaboul/Corluka
    Hutton, Naughton, Walker
    Jenas, Rose

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm strangely confident about this one. I'm going for 3-1 with Bale and Crouch to get a brace.

Anybody know if the match is on any of the satelite channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Espn maybe? Def not on sky.

That would be great if so. However one of the staff in a bar here in Limerick said that they don't have it on any of their channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

On live in Murrry's pub, oconnell streeet

On live in Murrry's pub, oconnell streeet

Do you know what channel it is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=83716&part=sports

I watch the Spurs matches, which are not on main stream TV , on this site..reception ok ,depends on your computer ......its on the list for tommorrow...

Think we will get a good reaction after Tuesdays unsteady performance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Lineup:

Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Jenas, Huddlestone, Palacios, Bale, Crouch.

Subs: Alnwick, Naughton, Bassong, Kranjcar, Rose, Walker, Livermore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gomes, Charlie,Daws, Younes, BAE, Jenas, Hudd, Wilson, Bale, Lennon and Crouch. Bench all kids bar niko and Seb.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

1-0, Bale. Bit lucky with the finish but sure we'll take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kastielz

Go on Gareth!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kastielz

2-1, Bale again. He'll earn me some points in the fantasy football today :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Peach of a goal from bale:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

If only Jenas could of put his chance away I'd feel a lot more comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

good first half, impressed with the way we have kept the ball. Massive amnts of the ball and it seems that when we want to the ball between the full back and centre half is on all the time. Negatives are though they havent had many chances we havent looked that assured at the back.

same second half please.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

that was a goal for stoke there. Thank god the ref is blind

Lucky escape there. Defo goal for Stoke

Ye. He is about 6 ft away from the incident and he looks to his linesman who is miles away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

maybe even a handball too....

Advertisement