Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham away to stoke

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Well defended by crouchie, he almost caught it there

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

That will do grand, a workman like performance from the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Great win controvesy or not we needed 3 points and away against stoke after a midweek game can't ask for more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Wow lads.. We were steeped to win that game. Good stop by Crouchie, but the ball was definitely over the line. How did the ref not spot that from 5 yards away?? Are we gonna start gettin decisions with us, now that we are Top 4..

What was it 18 shots on target and no goals last week v City. That's a great 3 points taken at Stoke. Hope we just get the job done on Wednesday and then it's all the W's after that; Wigan (H), West Brom (A), Wolves (H), West Ham (A). Cmon the Spurs

Joycee wrote: »
    Wow lads.. We were steeped to win that game. Good stop by Crouchie, but the ball was definitely over the line. How did the ref not spot that from 5 yards away?? Are we gonna start gettin decisions with us, now that we are Top 4..

What was it 18 shots on target and no goals last week v City. That's a great 3 points taken at Stoke. Hope we just get the job done on Wednesday and then it's all the W's after that; Wigan (H), West Brom (A), Wolves (H), West Ham (A). Cmon the Spurs
    We need to take 12 points from those games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lucky win, but a great win.
    Shocker of a decision by the ref, but there you go, that's football. We could be crying over something similar going against us later in the season.

What about Bale, top class, must be worth a mint at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Good result for spurs, thought they did very little in the 2nd half and were hanging on for the win in the end. Which is acceptable with CL midweek and on minds.

Bale's second goal was a peach, some left foot on that lad these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

havent seen any high lights yet, going to watch premiership now

massive win for us today, we went to stoke with a lot of injuries and won

this will raise our confidence no end for wednesday night against young boys. anyone know how jenas and palacious did today?

great 3 points in my opinion. if we lost today people and even the team would be wondering was last season a fluke but that worry is put to bed now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just saw Bales goal now on rte,what a beaut.Harry said Gomes was fouled just before that controversial goal and I think he could be right,I don't really care anyway because they ambushed us last year at the lane.Just hope now that everyone is fit for Wednesday and we do the biz.

I forgot to mention earlier but I thought Lennon was excellent his two crosses to Bale were excellent and they had to keep fouling him to stop him. The only thing he didn't do was score when I think bale gave him a perfect opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great result,

I think we should have had a peno, I think Gomes was fouled for the goal that wasn't and the goal.

I would have taken 4 from out first 2 but I tink we need 9 or even 10 from our next possible 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

bale second was sweet...even chuck norris wouldnt have got his foot that high....

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Didn't see it all, but from what I did see on Football First, I thought Jenas did quite well, also when helping out in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

anyone else think we were very and i mean very ropey from set pieces?

stoke is never an easy place to go. we went and we won. cant do much more than that. bales goal? i cant even do that on play station! unbelievable! he is like a different player than this time last year!

how serious are the injuries to the lads that didnt play?

I forgot to mention earlier but I thought Lennon was excellent his two crosses to Bale were excellent and they had to keep fouling him to stop him. The only thing he didn't do was score when I think bale gave him a perfect opportunity.

yep lennon made both goals and looked to have played very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

What do ye guys think of Gomes performance. He did make a couple of great stops, but he was at major fault for stokes equalizer and I noticed a couple of errors in the game. I hope he is fully recovered form the Gomez of a couple of seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I honestly think he was mugged for both "goals" and it worries ne that he went over so easily because that Is going too other teams are gonna try the same craic.

daveman16 wrote: »
    What do ye guys think of Gomes performance. He did make a couple of great stops, but he was at major fault for stokes equalizer and I noticed a couple of errors in the game. I hope he is fully recovered form the Gomez of a couple of seasons ago.

i thought he was poor, organised defense very badly (at one stage him and dawson went for the same ball and he never punched the head off dawson) -memories of last season :-)

he was all over the place at crosses, usual excellent at shot stopping but he has started this season on shaky ground

mickman wrote: »
    i thought he was poor, organised defense very badly (at one stage him and dawson went for the same ball and he never punched the head off dawson) -memories of last season :-)

he was all over the place at crosses, usual excellent at shot stopping but he has started this season on shaky ground

Agreed, Although he has been in decent form for the last few months of last season. I hope this was a one off and he snaps out of it but I did get a bit worried watching on Saturday. we all know he can be very bad when he loses confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hanlor

Reckon it's partly explained as hangover from Berne. Never good for a keeper to ship 3goals even where he's not at fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I think most keepers will get a rough time when they go to stoke because of their physical and aerial playing style so I wouldn't judge Gomes on this one performance.

OK I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He has been in great form last season. Now looking forward to Wednesday night COYS!!

Advertisement