Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford Schools!

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey All!
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any plans for a Multi Denominational School being set up in the Sandyford area of Dublin? My daughter is due to start next year and I am having problems getting her into any multi d schools like Educate Together locally as they full! Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

Hooly wrote: »
    Hey All!
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any plans for a Multi Denominational School being set up in the Sandyford area of Dublin? My daughter is due to start next year and I am having problems getting her into any multi d schools like Educate Together locally as they full! Help!

see helpful information on forum of

www.sandyfordhall.com
    Hi there,

If you'd like to help the campaign, email info@SouthDublinET.com or go to [www.SouthDublinET.com] - we would love any help or time you can give.

You can pre-enrol your child in the Educate Together school by coming to a pre-enrolment event on Saturday 25 September in Dundrum Methodist church from 9.30am onwards.

Hopefully we will have a good turnout at the event and get our new school.

Hope to meet you soon.

Niamh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2010 10:56PM by niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 12 delhibelly

Hi All,
    we will be moving to Sandyford in next few weeks time depending on the availibilty of spaces for my two kids (9yr + 4.5yr)
    can you pls suggest good schools in around sandyford
    i have contacted St Marys at Lamb cross seems like a good school -spl coz they have after school care
    we are keeping our options open
    all of your suggestions will be highly appreciated

thanks to all in advance
    rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 11 funluving4u

delhibelly wrote: »
    Hi All,
    we will be moving to Sandyford in next few weeks time depending on the availibilty of spaces for my two kids (9yr + 4.5yr)
    can you pls suggest good schools in around sandyford
    i have contacted St Marys at Lamb cross seems like a good school -spl coz they have after school care
    we are keeping our options open
    all of your suggestions will be highly appreciated

thanks to all in advance
    rgds

Hi,

We are planning to move to sandyford over the next few weeks depending on seat being available for my daughter. She is 4 years old and am looking for a seat in Junior Infants.

Can you pls let us know if you were able to get any further information on schools in this area.

Hi,

We are planning to move to sandyford over the next few weeks depending on seat being available for my daughter. She is 4 years old and am looking for a seat in Junior Infants.

Can you pls let us know if you were able to get any further information on schools in this area.

Hi There,

yes we have moved and settled in Sandyford
    its a really lovely area
    our kids finally started with St Marys School at Lambs cross, its a very good school -though small not many children they really do take care and are very strict about childrens behaviour

i just rang the school spoke to the principal Mr Lyons(a lovely man) i rang last Sept and met him in person to confirm and my kids started in Dec , they have loads of extra curricular activities as well
    my girl is in junior infants she has settled in very well

Aikens Village, Balarmine Plaza, estates on Blackglen road are within easy reach you will not be sitting in traffic, though parking in the morning for school can be a bit tricky

the area has all the facilities Dunnes is in Beacon court which is 5 mnts away from above named estates, so is SUpervalue , Superquinn is 10mnts away and Dundrum sc is literally 5mnts drive,luas is there ...i am not very confident about the bus services

we came down to the area drove around and then searched for properties i will strongly suggest to come down once drive around and get to know a lill bit

besides St Marys there are few more schools near Bellaly SC --thats where SV is its right across Beacon Hospital, there is a All Irish school in Sandyford Village which is accessible through Aikens Village or belarmine plaza

there are pharmacies,GP,Post office everything

any Qs let me know
    tanya

Hi There,

yes we have moved and settled in Sandyford
    its a really lovely area
    our kids finally started with St Marys School at Lambs cross, its a very good school -though small not many children they really do take care and are very strict about childrens behaviour

i just rang the school spoke to the principal Mr Lyons(a lovely man) i rang last Sept and met him in person to confirm and my kids started in Dec , they have loads of extra curricular activities as well
    my girl is in junior infants she has settled in very well

Aikens Village, Balarmine Plaza, estates on Blackglen road are within easy reach you will not be sitting in traffic, though parking in the morning for school can be a bit tricky

the area has all the facilities Dunnes is in Beacon court which is 5 mnts away from above named estates, so is SUpervalue , Superquinn is 10mnts away and Dundrum sc is literally 5mnts drive,luas is there ...i am not very confident about the bus services

we came down to the area drove around and then searched for properties i will strongly suggest to come down once drive around and get to know a lill bit

besides St Marys there are few more schools near Bellaly SC --thats where SV is its right across Beacon Hospital, there is a All Irish school in Sandyford Village which is accessible through Aikens Village or belarmine plaza

there are pharmacies,GP,Post office everything

any Qs let me know
    tanya

(01) 2954173 thats the number for St Marys National School ring and speak to the school they might have places not sure but its always better to ring and visit them
    after i got a place for my kids in st marys i honestly didnt go for any more schools so wudnt have much info but i am more than happy with st marys
    hope this helps
    gud luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 funluving4u

(01) 2954173 thats the number for St Marys National School ring and speak to the school they might have places not sure but its always better to ring and visit them
    after i got a place for my kids in st marys i honestly didnt go for any more schools so wudnt have much info but i am more than happy with st marys
    hope this helps
    gud luck

Hey Tanya

Thanks a lot for the response. I will call up the school rightaway and find out if they have seats available.

Advertisement