Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert's of C&H...

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

I know this could probably go in the den or something, but posting this will calm my nerves or something...

I forget how many of us there are at this stage waiting for tommorow. But anyway.

Was going to say good luck but, I think fate has been decided at this stage. But I hope everything works out one way or another for you. Can always view/recheck scripts or repeat if things really dont work out....and as they say I guess there are multiple ways into every career so its all gravy!

I've every confidence in everyone, we'll all be grand! *huge group hugs*

Comments

Good luck to everybody getting the results. Good or bad, it's done guys. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

N'awh! :) Best of luck to all you guys getting results tomorrow. I hope each and every one of you gets exactly what you want and more. If not, don't worry. I didn't get what I wanted in the LC, and now (four years later :eek:) it seems a lifetime ago and I'm actually glad the way things turned out.

But to keep it positive, GOOD LUCK and lots of <3 to you all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Best of luck, but please, PLEASE remember that this isn't the end of the world. It is important, and may seem like a huge huge deal right now, but it isn't the be all and end all. Really.

Enjoy the excitement of it but keep your minds and options open. And if you've got friends that have backed themselves into corners/are introverted and under immense pressure because of all of this then let them know that they aren't alone.

People freak themselves out so much and results and their implications become everything. Be there for people! Don't let them feel alone and helpless/useless.

Just sayin'

But best of luck and have fun celebrating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Good luck, just make sure you didn't do better than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Good luck guys! :) As some of the others have said, it's not the end of the world if things don't work out *right now*. If you really want something, you'll make sure you get it one way or another - no matter how roundabout that is. It took me a year in a different course and a year out to decide where I wanted to be, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Put it this way, things will work out. They might not go exactly to plan, but in the end you can make sure you end up where you want to be. We do get to control our own destinies to a certain extent (wayward trucks etc not included).

Oh, and of course there's also the Vacant Places list on the CAO which occasionally has an awesome course or two (the Maths-y ones in UCD :O). *nods*

If anyone wants to talk to anyone/rant etc/needs any advice on stuff, I'm pretty useful with the whole college lark and I shall try my best to help anyone.

Again, the best of luck to you all, and please try to enjoy the day. It's one of the oddest feelings ever!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lads and ladies, best of luck tomorrow. Remember, there aint nothing you can do about it at this point, so just sit back and enjoy the ride :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Good luck guys!
    You all smell :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Good luck y'all! :D Make sure ye call back in before the big celebrayshunnnnnns tomorrow night and let us know how :):):) ye are....sure where else would we be anyway! :P

And like everyone else has said, even if things don't go well theres many ways around things and taking 1 or 2 extra years to make the rest of your life super happy will be totally worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Best of luck boys and girls! :)

I believe in you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

GOOD LUCK GUYS! :)

And listen, whether or you get what you want or not, it doesn't always mean you'll end up where you thought you would be.

From someone who got some ridiculously unnecessary result, I can ensure you that it's not an instant solve all. Sure I ended up dropping out of my original course after 2 years and now I'm going all the way back to 1st year :p

I'd also give up all the points in the world in exchange for health and happiness. No lie!

So best of luck all but just remember to look after yourselves and take life as it comes <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Copy past from ARGH:
    All you freaking out LCers.

Calm down and remember:
    You can repeat
    it IS only the LC,it means damn all in the long run
    You'll do better than you think
    No one thinks your a failure
    The internet[boards] was made for venting,where did you think trolls came from?
    MASER WE love you

Pass or fail,there's an epic night out to be had in 24 hours pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Best of luck everyone! :) Hope you guys get what you want, and am hoping to see lots of posts in the yaaaaaaaah thread tomorrow. But if it doesn't go as well as you had hoped, it is NOT the end of the world. Leaving Cert is NOT the be all and end all.

Either way, make sure you relax tomorrow and reward yourself for all the hard work you put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Best of luck everyone! :) Hope you guys get what you want, and am hoping to see lots of posts in the yaaaaaaaah thread tomorrow. But if it doesn't go as well as you had hoped, it is NOT the end of the world. Leaving Cert is NOT the be all and end all.

Either way, make sure you relax tomorrow and reward yourself for all the hard work you put in.

Lock the arghhhhhhhh thread. DO NOT LET THEM BE SAD! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The leaving cert is one the biggest anti-climaxes ever tbh. This time tomorrow you will be wondering what all the fuss was about (presuming you're not passed out under a table somewhere). Anyway, hope yiz all do well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I LOVE EVERYONE. <3

As someone who has done this before and is about to do it again, I wish everyone the best of luck and I PROMISE that there is nothing apolcalyptic about what's going to happen tomorrow. Even if it's not what you expect there's always another way, another option and everything will work out :)

HUGS FOR EVERYONE <3333

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Almostnever, I especially hope you do well, so you can rub it in your mother's face as you prance off to college :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Almostnever, I especially hope you do well, so you can rub it in your mother's face as you prance off to college :)

Thank you. :) Mammy's being great about this whole going to college thing though, thankfully, so all will be well as long as I get at least 10 points more than last year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Happy birthday guys! :)
    Can't believe you're 21 already.
    So proud of you.

crap wrong thread, good luck,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Spect to Neon Circles for making this thread!

Seriously everybody, I hope tomorrow is a great day for you all. I'm getting my results too, and it kind of feels like we're all taking a step in the unknown... I'm feeling scared, but the good part is that there's thousands of us all in the same position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Good luck to everyone else getting their results tomorrow!

And just incase you aren't happy tomorrow I repeated and even though I'm a little nervous tonight I wouldn't change it for the world! The extra year did me the world of good.

But that won't apply to any of you because you'll all do tremendously! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Seriously hope ye all do well tomorrow (well...today actually):) It's not the end of the world after all. I want to see the yaaaaaahhh thread full of LC'ers later on.

Good luck!!!!:) <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

G'luck auldies!! :)
    Shur in another few years it LC results will mean as much to you as yur JC ones do now..
    Well from wha I heard seeing as I've neither dont my LC nor got JC results..

But yea enjoy tomorrow either way! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

deise_girl wrote: »
    G'luck auldies!! :)
    Shur in another few years it LC results will mean as much to you as yur JC ones do now..
    Well from wha I heard seeing as I've neither dont my LC nor got JC results..

But yea enjoy tomorrow either way! :pac:
    Oue day will come deise, our day will come....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Best of luck everyone receiving results. I think everything soothing that can be said has been said.

RELAX YERESELVES AND GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Best of luck to ye all :) am I the only one hoping the yaaaaaahhh thread will be very busy tomorrow? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Good luck guys! Hope it all goes to plan for you if not things have a way of working themselves out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Best of luck people!
    I hope ye all get the points ye need for college and whatnot. Even if you don't, there's always another way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Guys, best of luck tomorrow! I hope you all get what you want and have worked for. And just as everybody above has said, if whatever you've hoped for doesn't work out, there's a world of other options.

I know this time last year I was a nervous wreck, so I can only imagine what some of ye might be like at the minute. But it's completely out of your hands now. The work is done and hopefully your results tomorrow will reward you all for everything. I believe in you guys! You all deserve to do fantastically. GOOD LUCK!!! :)

And don't forget to partay on down tomorrow night. But not before coming on here and putting us out of our misery!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

seriously stressing for LC results right now, LOL JK, i just registered for my final year in college :D

but seriously guys and girls dont worry about it. i myself am a LC failer yet here im almost finished college and i'll only be 22 when i do finish! so no matter what happens, just know that theres always another route open for you if things dont go your way :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement