Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert's of C&H...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

here goes guys, an hour to go... Best of luck everyone! And enjoy the night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'M SO NERVOUS FOR YOU.

AND EVERYONE HERE IS, WE'RE ALL NERVOUS FOR YOU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I'm honestly in shock. SO happy. :D:D:D

Hello, UCD, how are you today?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

MavisDavis wrote: »

Hello MavisDavis, This is UCD, I am good today, I hear you're coming to sleep over permanently. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh relief - I opened my results sheet and thought I did terrible, but when I added up the points I was very happy.

545! 15 more than my first choice last year, Actuarial and Financial Maths in UCD. Here's to hoping (my second choice was 490 last year, which I would also be delighted with). I'm so relieved as I was extremely worried - I could barely eat breakfast this morning.

The downside is my twin brother got 420, significantly less than the 500 he was hoping for for St. Pats. I feel so sorry for him, and I'm trying not to seem too happy about my results as he is upset about his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Lads, I hope ye all go on to become rocket engineers, marine engineers (dolphin robot hybrid anyone?) or freakin' laser guided missile engineers or maths... people.

Leving cert class of 2010, we da best. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

MavisDavis wrote: »

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
    We repeats really ripped that shít up, huh? ;)

I GOT 5 AS AHHHHHHHHHH :D

Seriously guys, repeating=the best decision I ever made. Ever.

So happy right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

580! :D
    So delighted... Tonight shall be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well done all.

I got 445, generally grand. Bit disappointed with one or two grades but I have my course so meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

You all got such high points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Congratulations on all the great results, guys!

I saw this on Twitter, from irishstu, I thought it was quite relevant.
    Newspapers! Worried what LC photos to use? How about a) Girls jumping in the air clutching results b) Some bogger who got 600 points

The formula never changes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

well done everyone. especially to my future UCD college friends :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Smartest forum on boards right here! I'm so happy for everyone. You guys have all done so well and should be really, really proud of yourselves. I hope you all have a great night tonight, whatever you're getting up to. <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks everyone!
    I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

So happy right now!

I'm so happy for you - I was genuinely worried that you wouldn't get what you wanted this time around. Relieved to hear that you got on fantastically.

Bring on the UCD (hopefully) (that sorta rhymes) !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Aww guys! I'm so, so happy for you all. <3 You all did amazingly well! *dances*

You'd all better make sure you have a good night tonight. Shall I be seeing anyone in Trinity next month? :)

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Aww guys! I'm so, so happy for you all. <3 You all did amazingly well! *dances*

You'd all better make sure you have a good night tonight. Shall I be seeing anyone in Trinity next month? :)

I won't make my first choice which is Maynooth, so hopefully I'll be doing the TAP programme in Trinity instead. Cya there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Damn your smartnesseseseseses....es.
    I haz dumb feeling now :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The downside is my twin brother got 420, significantly less than the 500 he was hoping for for St. Pats. I feel so sorry for him, and I'm trying not to seem too happy about my results as he is upset about his.

Hey, was he hoping to do Primary school teaching? It's not the end of the world, there are TONS of other ways to get in to this profession. He can do pretty much any degree he wants, and then go back and do the postgrad in Mary I for 18 months. After that, he's as qualified as myself or Insect Overlord. Plus he gets to go to a better college in the mean time. Let him know anyway :) (oh, and well freakin done to yourself ;))
    syncosised wrote: »
    Congratulations on all the great results, guys!

I saw this on Twitter, from irishstu, I thought it was quite relevant.

The formula never changes. :)

Haha, I saw Hotaru's one of these yesterday, it was so cheesy :D

I won't make my first choice which is Maynooth, so hopefully I'll be doing the TAP programme in Trinity instead. Cya there :P

Awesome! What course? :) If any of you C&H types need a hand finding stuff around the college, I know most of the place like the back of my hand (yes, even the Arts Block, for my sins :P) so I'd be only delighted to show you guys around! :)

Awesome! What course? :) If any of you C&H types need a hand finding stuff around the college, I know most of the place like the back of my hand (yes, even the Arts Block, for my sins :P) so I'd be only delighted to show you guys around! :)

Well it's kinda like a foundation course which lasts the year, and you try your hand at a range of subjects. English, Philosophy, Sociology and Geography are all subjects that I'm interested in. If you complete that course then you select a degree course to start the next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

4860_1114267149746_1618967574_30291254_1664239_n.jpg

OMG GUYS I'D JUST LIKE TO THANK MY PARENTS AND THE STARVING KIDS IN AFRICA, I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

\o/

Congratulations to everyone here on the brilliant results. Make sure you guys have a great time tonight, whatever ye end up doing. And enjoy college! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

So glad it's over, I was starting to feel the nerves last night. Reading all of your well wishes on the thread made me feel so much better :)

I have said it before and I will say it again. You guys are awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Seeing the amount of threads of people not happy with their results in the LC. I feel it's my duty to tell them all there's a way around everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I did ok, I gots nothing on the rest of you though! :p

But I'll get my course so now to find a place to live. Oh the excitement! :D

Well it's kinda like a foundation course which lasts the year, and you try your hand at a range of subjects. English, Philosophy, Sociology and Geography are all subjects that I'm interested in. If you complete that course then you select a degree course to start the next year :)

Ah yes! I have heard about that, now I think about it. Awesome, sounds like it'd be very interesting anyway - nice range of subjects! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

So happy right now!

YAY TRINITY! Awwww I'm so so happy for you :D

WELL DONE EVERYONE! You're all amazing :)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    <snip>

OMG GUYS I'D JUST LIKE TO THANK MY PARENTS AND THE STARVING KIDS IN AFRICA, I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU

>_<

Yes lads, I was one of those boggers on the front page of the newspapers :P

(Ugh >_<)

Ah yes! I have heard about that, now I think about it. Awesome, sounds like it'd be very interesting anyway - nice range of subjects! :)

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Hotaru wrote: »
    YAY TRINITY! Awwww I'm so so happy for you :D

WELL DONE EVERYONE! You're all amazing :)

>_<

(Ugh >_<)

..It looks like you have your bra on over your jumper! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hotaru wrote: »
    >_<

(Ugh >_<)
    Complete with super cheesy smile of course :P :pac:

This discussion has been closed.