Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert's of C&H...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Brillant results everybody, Congrats!! I ended up getting 475 and am hopefully heading to Trinity so i'm delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    ..It looks like you have your bra on over your jumper! :pac:

Thanks for that Noel. I never noticed before. Bet that was what everyone in the country thought when they saw the pic. GREAT.

>_<

IT'S A STRING TOP GODDAMNIT!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Hotaru wrote: »

Thanks for that Noel. I never noticed before. Bet that was what everyone in the country thought when they saw the pic. GREAT.

>_<

IT'S A STRING TOP GODDAMNIT!

:P

That makes far more sense! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Heh, I thought that too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hotaru is into the whole underwear as outerwear thing.

wee-superman-p1-splsh.jpg&t=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Seriously, well done everyone! For those of ye who are disappointed, do NOT panic! Firstly, you'll feel stupid fairly soon, and secondly, there's ways around everything. You've plenty of choices and places to go for advice.

Picked up the Independent today, no pic of a student getting 600 on the front cover. :confused: Is it tomorrow that special edition comes out?

Best of luck everyone with the CAO offers Monday. :)

Btw, Hotaru's bra-over-jumper gaffe totally made my day. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

jumpguy wrote: »
    Seriously, well done everyone! For those of ye who are disappointed, do NOT panic! Firstly, you'll feel stupid fairly soon, and secondly, there's ways around everything. You've plenty of choices and places to go for advice.

Picked up the Independent today, no pic of a student getting 600 on the front cover. :confused: Is it tomorrow that special edition comes out?

Best of luck everyone with the CAO offers Monday. :)

Btw, Hotaru's bra-over-jumper gaffe totally made my day. :D

Yup, they couldn't have one today sure! :P Papers are in shops by ~7 before the results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Well, congratulations to those of you who did well.
    To those of you who didn't do as well as hoped, it's probably not nearly as bad as you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Almostnever, I especially hope you do well, so you can rub it in your mother's face as you prance off to college :)

The **** you saying about my mother?

Well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Sinead's Superman impression also made my day. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Ah well done to everyone who got their results today! Hearing people who are so delighted with their results makes me a happy person! :)
    Everyone here done so well, ye're all a really smart bunch of people. Anyway, good luck in college everyone and I hope everyone gets want they want!

*starts singing "Congratulations" in cheesy Cliff Richard style*

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

amacachi wrote: »

Hello, and thank you for this outstanding question.

A few months back, Almostnever posted saying her mother didn't think she'd be able to get the points she needed. I was simply referring to this incident and hoping that she did indeed get enough points.

All other inquiries can be sent to

The Nearest Bin,
    Your house,
    Where ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

amacachi wrote: »

Well done everyone.

A few months back, Almostnever posted saying her mother didn't think she'd be able to get the points she needed. I was simply referring to this incident and hoping that she did indeed get enough points.

The Nearest Bin,
    Your house,
    Where ever

Ah c'mon lads - don't be bringing negative vibes to this thread.

amacachi - don't be so aggressive when asking another user a question.

D4RK ONION - amacachi hasn't been in C&H long, so it's understandable that he may not have been aware of what you were referring to. You could have explained what you meant without resorting to sarcasm.

Now less sads, more happies please! :)

EDIT: and amacachi, my "sarcasm detector" is working just fine - if you have a problem with my reply sort it out via PM. Otherwise just drop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The Nearest Bin,
    Your house,
    Where ever

She was shocked as hell this morning on the phone, I think she thought I'd added it up wrong. :pac:
    Definitely don't think points will be an issue for my course thankfully. :D Unless the CAO implodes or something along those lines....pure Law at Trinity was 520* last year and I got 540 this time around (:D), plus it's predicted to go down so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Can I say again guys that I am OVER THE MOON for ALL of you :D

Ye've actually made my day - reading all yer awesome results makes me so happy :)

Can't wait to see some of you in Trinty soooooon \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I got more than enough for my course so hopefully I'll be in DCU in 2 months time :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I got more than enough for my course so hopefully I'll be in DCU in 2 months time :D

Congrats my fellow Guitar Hero :)

Remember folks, Trinity smells like petrol and if you attend UCD you'll be able to boast about being in the same college as me because I'm deadly.

It's also nice to see that some are joining the C&H Society of Mathematicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Davidius wrote: »

Hmm. A few new C&H TCD recruits, but no new Health Science type folk, AFAIK. We even lost one in Hotaru :eek:

Jumpguy, hurry uuuuuuup...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Hmm. A few new C&H TCD recruits, but no new Health Science type folk, AFAIK. We even lost one in Hotaru :eek:

Jumpguy, hurry uuuuuuup...

Fine I'll definitely do neuroscience if the numbers mean THAT much to you.

Craguls wrote: »
    Fine I'll definitely do neuroscience if the numbers mean THAT much to you.

I can hardly think of a better reason to make that decision.

What course?

You and creggy both starting.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    What course?

You and creggy both starting.

Computer Applications, hopefully.

Pygmalion just jizzed a little bit :)

There's like a 1 in 15 chance I'll be your lab tutor for programming >.>

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Pygmalion just jizzed a little bit :)

Hah, I better get on his good side now >.>

Pygmalion wrote: »
    There's like a 1 in 15 chance I'll be your lab tutor for programming >.>
    And if television has taught us anything, the lower the chance of it happening the more likely it is to happen.

And if television has taught us anything, the lower the chance of it happening the more likely it is to happen.

So how about that Bible...

• Advertisement

Remember folks, Trinity smells like petrol and if you attend UCD you'll be able to boast about being in the same college as me because I'm deadly.

Well, financial mathematicians but I guess that's better than not doing maths at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement