Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert's of C&H...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Davidius wrote: »
    Remember folks, Trinity smells like petrol and if you attend UCD you'll be able to boast about being in the same college as me because I'm deadly.

It's also nice to see that some are joining the C&H Society of Mathematicians.

Hrmm.. Disagree on your first paragraph, agree on the second. \o/
    Craguls wrote: »
    Fine I'll definitely do neuroscience if the numbers mean THAT much to you.

You'll still be in my faculty. -_- Doesn't count as Health Sciences! :pac:
    Well, financial mathematicians but I guess that's better than not doing maths at all.

European Son is doing pure Maths! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Aoibheann wrote: »

You'll still be in my faculty. -_- Doesn't count as Health Sciences! :pac:

True. Modules are 50/50 though,and it's co-ordinated by health sciences, so woot for pseudo EMS and HS ness. Although there were rumours that the degree would soon be awarded from the TCIN instead to give them more freedom with the content.

Instead I might just drop out and become a dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Davidius wrote: »
    Remember folks, Trinity smells like petrol and if you attend UCD you'll be able to boast about being in the same college as me because I'm deadly.

It's also nice to see that some are joining the C&H Society of Mathematicians.

There's a society? Cool. Is there a special secret handshake? There better be!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Craguls wrote: »
    True. Modules are 50/50 though,and it's co-ordinated by health sciences, so woot for pseudo EMS and HS ness. Although there were rumours that the degree would soon be awarded from the TCIN instead to give them more freedom with the content.

Instead I might just drop out and become a dancer.

You're not leaving EMS. *glares* :P

\o/ for dancing Craig!

<_<

>_>

Aoibheann wrote: »
    European Son is doing pure Maths! \o/

*Slaps European Son heartily on the back!*
    :D
    We'll refer your suggestions to the elders >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I got 540 this time around (:D)!
    Welcome to the 540 club, almostnever! Although I'm sure you deserve it way more than I did! :)

It seems almost all of you are heading to Dublin. Anyone venturing out wesht?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

syncosised wrote: »

Or down south?

UCC needs more C&Hers. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

syncosised wrote: »
    Welcome to the 540 club, almostnever! Although I'm sure you deserve it way more than I did! :)

I was just about to ask the same thing. Galway people, like c'mon. Whats with all this Dublin talk??

There needs to be some addition to me, Monzo, Syncosised and soon Challengemaster :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Hmm. A few new C&H TCD recruits, but no new Health Science type folk, AFAIK. We even lost one in Hotaru :eek:

Did she eat a medical student or something!? Or stick one up her nose?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think she may just have swopped courses!

Medical students on the whole are pretty indigestible ... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hmm. A few new C&H TCD recruits, but no new Health Science type folk, AFAIK. We even lost one in Hotaru :eek:

Jumpguy, hurry uuuuuuup...

S'okay, I didn't do the LC this year but I've applied for HH&D in Trinity! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

HiHo Hiho tis off to UCC I go :D

Hopefulllllllllly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Jumpguy, hurry uuuuuuup...
    Faster, time, faster! *whip-crack*

Wouldn't it be hilarious if I ended up doing med in NUIG or UCC...<_<

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

jumpguy wrote: »

He's really considering it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

jumpguy wrote: »

Med is med is med, we just need more biology-type folk in C&H for when the mathsy physicsy types start getting above themselves :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm still going to be doing Biology :D

Just with Maths aswell...

Hey, best of both worlds :p

Hotaru wrote: »
    I'm still going to be doing Biology :D

Just with Maths aswell...

Hey, best of both worlds :p

Yusssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Does anyone else think, looking back, the LC is blown out of all proportions? Yeah, its an important exam but its not the be all and end all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

kev9100 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think, looking back, the LC is blown out of all proportions? Yeah, its an important exam but its not the be all and end all.

Yeah definitely. The last few years were based around it, so much work went into it and now that it's over it doesn't seem that important anymore! Not complaining because I loved the last couple of years but it was a lot of stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Knew that before we started 6th year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Niall09 wrote: »
    Knew that before we started 6th year.

Did you? I suppose because my family is full of teachers I may have placed too much importance on the LC. Either way, its over now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lads, yer results are all brilliant.
    Well done to all :D

Hopefully I can do as good next year, fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Congrats guys! You all did amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Well it's kinda like a foundation course which lasts the year, and you try your hand at a range of subjects. English, Philosophy, Sociology and Geography are all subjects that I'm interested in. If you complete that course then you select a degree course to start the next year :)

I'd did that course two years ago! :) I loved it, one of the best years of my life. You can choose between doing arts subjects or science subjects. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

With you 100% on that...the funny thing? I realised this when I started teaching in college :P

WELL DONE EVERYONE!! Hope things go yer way on Monday, if you feel worried or unsure make sure you check your offers anyway! I was convinced I didn't get my course last year and it took threats from my bestie to get me to check :P I got my first choice. And if you don't? There's ways around everything ;)

Any incoming ULies just gimme a shout if you've any questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Someone's collected photos from all the English newspapers of people getting their results, on a site called "Sexy A-Levels". Their comments are hilarious!

http://sexyalevels.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Med is med is med, we just need more biology-type folk in C&H for when the mathsy physicsy types start getting above themselves :p

May be doin Physio ...thats bio ! Or Human Health and Disease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Boardzee

Oh relief - I opened my results sheet and thought I did terrible, but when I added up the points I was very happy.

545! 15 more than my first choice last year, Actuarial and Financial Maths in UCD. Here's to hoping (my second choice was 490 last year, which I would also be delighted with). I'm so relieved as I was extremely worried - I could barely eat breakfast this morning.

The downside is my twin brother got 420, significantly less than the 500 he was hoping for for St. Pats. I feel so sorry for him, and I'm trying not to seem too happy about my results as he is upset about his.

Crazy! I got 545 and have Actuary down as first choice too! Exact same situation, so I hope to see you there in 3 weeks! (points please don't rise!!!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Boardzee wrote: »
    Crazy! I got 545 and have Actuary down as first choice too! Exact same situation, so I hope to see you there in 3 weeks! (points please don't rise!!!)

Wow, that's crazy! Here's to hoping we get in to UCD! What's your second choice? Mine's Actuarial Mathematics in DCU so if I don't get UCD I'll get DCU, which will still be great :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Actuarial maths, for shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement