Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert's of C&H...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Excuse the double-post, but this requires one all on its own.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

That's for Hotaru. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Congratulations to all who got their points and to all who didn't, there is still the second round.

Night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

English + New Media UL. It actually went down 5 points! :O But anyway, tis so real now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Arts UCC. Went down 10points. I am willing to sell my left over points to the highest bidder :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I bid you...

*counts*

six brownies!

/joke
    Seriousness: well done everyone on the results, the CAO offers and surviving not only the stress of the last few months, but also the long nights of celebrations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

English + New Media UL. It actually went down 5 points! :O But anyway, tis so real now..

That's my course. Best of luck with it, but I have two words for you: Academic Literacies.

That's my course. Best of luck with it, but I have two words for you: Academic Literacies.

I've already heard all about it, haha! That sort of shít really gets up in my grille unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I've already heard all about it, haha! That sort of shít really gets up in my grille unfortunately!

You might be lucky this year though, the student reaction from our year was so bad I'd say they'll have changed the format. If they haven't, just try and get through it without going insane- it's worth doing the work during the year, not because it's helpful, but because repeating the module is even worse.:)

You might be lucky this year though, the student reaction from our year was so bad I'd say they'll have changed the format. If they haven't, just try and get through it without going insane- it's worth doing the work during the year, not because it's helpful, but because repeating the module is even worse.:)

I guess. That sort of carry on though should be left back in secondary school. Fair enough, some of the info would be of practical use in college but otherwise.....Time will tell I guess.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Congrats to all y'all, especially the (oddly) happy, Hotaru! Let the good times roll people :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Congrats to all y'all, especially the (oddly) happy, Hotaru! Let the good times roll people :D

HAPPY!

:D

I feel like a little kid, bounding around the place :p

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I've such a dilemma !! I applied for physio this year but the points jumped so I missed out. I also missed out on Human Health and Disease by 5 points. I am checking English to see if I can go up and if i do I'll take Human Health and Disease , for next year, which I will be offered in Oct.

So I got offered my 6th choice, nursing in UL, which I was all set to accept , until my twin who got the same points as me and had applied to England for Physio got accepted there,but she has 3 sciences(well 2 but hons maths counts).

So now I've a huge decision to make. Should I take the year out, maybe take up Chem (or hons maths-whichever is easier) and apply to England for Physio, but there is no guarantee that I will be accepted, or should I just accept nursing here and be glad that I will have a fairly good job at the end of my course?

Any advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You only missed HH&D by 5 points, so perhaps you will be offered it in Round 2 offers. I am in the exact same situation, so fingers crossed for both of us. Oh, and to answer your question, I wouldn't advise ever doing a course that you aren't totally mad about. Always follow your dream 'cause you only live once so you should live doing what you really love. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Got Law in Trinity and I'm really happy with it. :D Even though I'm already considering a transfer to English Studies I assume it's just me being me...

Hopefully that's me done with the Leaving Cert forever \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Got Law in Trinity and I'm really happy with it. :DEven though I'm already considering a transfer to English Studies I assume it's just me being me...

Hopefully that's me done with the Leaving Cert forever \o/

This is just you being you. You did this alllllll year. Give Law a chance before you go trying to change things about!

Now I order you to: take a deep breath, relax and be damn proud of yourself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I was offered my top level 7 course from last year today (Science DIT). Was 250 now 470. ****ing hell.

I got the offer based on last years points. Still can't believe that.

Novella wrote: »
    You only missed HH&D by 5 points, so perhaps you will be offered it in Round 2 offers. I am in the exact same situation, so fingers crossed for both of us. Oh, and to answer your question, I wouldn't advise ever doing a course that you aren't totally mad about. Always follow your dream 'cause you only live once so you should live doing what you really love. Best of luck :)

What are you gooing to do if HH&D doesn't come down? I really really hope it does !!
    (I'm hopefull cause it didn't move up from last year...)

What are you gooing to do if HH&D doesn't come down? I really really hope it does !!
    (I'm hopefull cause it didn't move up from last year...)

Well, I was offered Biomedical Science in London Met Uni, and I got offered a Science Level 7 and if I don't get HH&D, I'll maybe do Bio Med here in Ireland. Not too sure yet! Gonna wait for the round 2 offers and see what appeals to me most!

Well, I was offered Biomedical Science in London Met Uni, and I got offered a Science Level 7 and if I don't get HH&D, I'll maybe do Bio Med here in Ireland. Not too sure yet! Gonna wait for the round 2 offers and see what appeals to me most!

Ah thats cool! I was offered nursing in UL so I accepted it cause orientation is the 1st sept and iv to move in on Sun so I cant wait till round 2 or I'l lose my place! Bit stupid like I've to pay for accom in Lim and everything like!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HH&D COME DOWN 5 POINTS!

Ah thats cool! I was offered nursing in UL so I accepted it cause orientation is the 1st sept and iv to move in on Sun so I cant wait till round 2 or I'l lose my place! Bit stupid like I've to pay for accom in Lim and everything like!!!

So what are you gonna do if you move to Limerick, and are then offered HH&D?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'm curious by how much science 6/7 in DIT will drop now as I'd imagine most of the applicants would've taken a level 8 instead.

So what are you gonna do if you move to Limerick, and are then offered HH&D?!

UL must be able to refund me my accom money like sure I would only be there for like a week! I'd take HH&D straight away like! Cause like if I didn't accept nursing and wasn't offered HH&D I'd be sooo screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Woo for UL? :(

Woo!

Jako8 wrote: »
    Woo for UL? :(

Woo!
    Woo I'll be there for at least 1 week :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Woo I'll be there for at least 1 week :pac: :D

That's the spirit... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Craguls wrote: »
    I'm curious by how much science 6/7 in DIT will drop now as I'd imagine most of the applicants would've taken a level 8 instead.

I was thinking that myself, anyone who got 470 would have gotten most level 8 science degrees. I reckon it will go down to the mid 300s.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I was thinking that myself, anyone who got 470 would have gotten most level 8 science degrees. I reckon it will go down to the mid 300s.
    In general, Level 6/7 courses are more inclined to drop in Round 2 than Level 8s ... given that everyone gets 2 offers (assuming they listed both) and most will take their Level 8s

That might be a bit much of a drop though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I know it's belated but I couldn't use my laptop for a few weeks and could only use work and home computers for work- but well done everyone! Congrats to the people who are happy with their college choices and comiserations to the people who aren't so happy, hopefully you'll find a course that suits you or you wont find it too bad repeating the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

jumpguy wrote: »
    RELAX YERESELVES
    We're all gonna faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaillllll! :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Thanks all for the very belated wishes. I had the joy of being banned while this thread was relevant but any how I am in college.

Anyway good luck to all the LC 2011'ers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement