Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three unlock

Options
  • 17-08-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

this has probably been asked a million times but are three ok with you unlocking a prepaid phone? like if you go on line or ring them up will the give the code to you?#

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It depends on certain conditions. Are you bill pay. or payg?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

thinking of buying a galaxy spica prepay, they are the cheapest and not availabel on meteor/. Iwant to know can I buy it and ring the up for the unlock to change to meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

woop wrote: »
    thinking of buying a galaxy spica prepay, they are the cheapest and not availabel on meteor/. Iwant to know can I buy it and ring the up for the unlock to change to meteor

You have to spend €130 on credit, and then when you have done so, they will charge you €27 admin fee for the code itself. Not what you wanted to hear

Davy wrote: »
    You have to spend €130 on credit, and then when you have done so, they will charge you €27 admin fee for the code itself. Not what you wanted to hear

no :(

thats tying you in as much as bill pay, 02 is cheaper at 250, but then thats nearer a better phone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need to have spent around 130 on credit and then they will charge you another 25 - 30 to unlock it...

I've used the spica on 3 and it works
    Very well, you should consider moving network if you really want the phone cheaply.

3 will support you if there a problem, meteor support for an unlocked 3 phone will be non existent .

• Advertisement

You need to have spent around 130 on credit and then they will charge you another 25 - 30 to unlock it...

I've used the spica on 3 and it works
    Very well, you should consider moving network if you really want the phone cheaply.

3 will support you if there a problem, meteor support for an unlocked 3 phone will be non existent .

is it buy 130 of credit or use it? does it have to be associated with the number?

meteor makes sense for me, I have a 5800 unlocked on meteor and its cheap but I will look into it

might be easier
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4317171/art/samsung/galaxy-spica.html

or could you go to one of those shops to get it unlocked? do they root the phone or do they provide unlock codes and does rooting void warranty? Can it be restored like the iphone?

plenty questions anyway :)

Advertisement