Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxi help???

Options
  • 17-08-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

Can someone tell me the cost of a taxi from Belfast Central Railway Station to Victoria Square and what what the traffic is like between 3:30 pm and 4 pm?

Would a taxi get me there and back in half an hour - with, say, 10 mintues for errand?

And do taxis in Belfast accept Euros?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

I'd say you could comfortably walk it and back and have about 10mins for your errand.

And I wouldn't bank on taxi's accepting Euro - certainly none I've come across do, am not sure about public hire (black cabs) but would consider it highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Tbh it aint that far to warrent gettin a taxi imo. Waste of money & could be waitin for one and been there by time grab one & ask to wait with the possibility of them sayin no as dunno if theres a place to park about the place for taxi's.

Google Map

Say's 10 minutes walkin, coulda swore was a little longer last time went but the gf is a extremly slow walker :rolleyes: Place has a starbucks and a few restaurants like if ya gotta hang about for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

And I wouldn't bank on taxi's accepting Euro - certainly none I've come across do, am not sure about public hire (black cabs) but would consider it highly unlikely.

/agreed

& dam @ u beatin me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

You'll walk it easily in that time, cross the road when you see the St Georges Market turn right into Oxford Street then left at Chichester Street (pedestrian I think) and the Victoria SC is in front of you, less than a 10 minute walk each way.

Advertisement