Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken fin box?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

hey, i have a broken fin box, its all pushed up over the surface and out of place. its FCS and one just one of the plugs is broke,

i e-mailed the guy in surf dock in dublin, to enquire about prices for repair, he said he didnt do it himself but some guy bill collects the boards. anyway he asked if it was a windsurfing board, and under this assumption said he was guessing it would cost around €125 to fix!?!?!?

How is this possible!? i was expecting €30? should i go somewhere elce?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

is it a surfboard or windsurf board? is it epoxy or poly construction?

for a surfboard i charge €30 to fix fcs in poly boards if its epoxy or a windsurfer it would be more due to being epoxy which costs more and takes much longer to fix, but not €125 more like €50

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

yeah its poly, and a normal surfboard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Swaine55 wrote: »
    yeah its poly, and a normal surfboard
    Bill's fixed a few boards for me and does agreat job, it won't be 125 but somewere in reagon of 30 to 50.

Why not buy a good ding repair kit and fix it your self? I've done a future fin box before it'l not that hard if you take your time.

Advertisement