Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever travel with bus eireann to london

Options
  • 17-08-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, am just wondering if anyone has travelled by bus from Ireland to London. Will hopefully be going over soon but the some of the other lads are afraid of flying. We were thinking of doing it by bus with Eurolines. Surely someone must have done this before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

kakee wrote: »
    Hi lads, am just wondering if anyone has travelled by bus from Ireland to London. Will hopefully be going over soon but the some of the other lads are afraid of flying. We were thinking of doing it by bus with Eurolines. Surely someone must have done this before.

Yeah did it before, Bit of a drag. Bus makes several stops on the way. The Sail and rail option is better for non flyers. Thinking of using it next week for Young boys game as the price of flights is horrendous. Can get over and back for 80 yoyos. Details here http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/rail-and-sail/

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Sorry I don't mean to sound rude, but flying is no bother, you will never go anywhere if you dont cop on!

I have no bother with flying myself but one or two others wont get on a plane. One lad has never flown anywhere and the other has been to the US a few times and each time he gets more and more nervous.

Sorry what i had to say wasent good

No bother Daveman, I am not easily offended anyhow. If I have to walk to WHL I will but by god I will get there this season lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

I have no bother with flying myself but one or two others wont get on a plane. One lad has never flown anywhere and the other has been to the US a few times and each time he gets more and more nervous.

Sorry I was trying to delete my response but i guess u were online lol. I can't help. flying to stansted is easy, I cant help with the bus but the train is a pain in the arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

daveman16 wrote: »
    Sorry I was trying to delete my response but i guess u were online lol. I can't help. flying to stansted is easy, I cant help with the bus but the train is a pain in the arsenal

Luxury compared to the bus :D

• Advertisement

Its alright Daveman but the two posts above made it look like I was talking to myself or something lol. I would rather fly for sure but just checked out the bus option. Leaving Tipp town on Friday evening at 4.30 pm and arriving in London at 7.45 am. Returning from London at 7pm and arriving in Tipp town on Sunday at 10.35 am. A nightmare is an understatement but hopefully will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

ha I did but I was only supposed to go to Birmingham. I left my bag on the bus and had to get a bus about an hour later so I could chase after my bag:D

If I had gone straight Dublin - London, it wouldn't have been too bad. That being said, I can sleep pretty much anywhere.
    If you are a pretty easy sleeper then it won't be bad. As said, there are a few stops so you get off the bus to stretch your legs for a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

daveman16 wrote: »

have to disagree on this from my one and only experience. I got the train from Holyhead to London last year for the liverpool game and got first class tickets from virgin for cheaper than standard class, free beer all the way, sambo and crisps to eat and in London in just over 3 hours. Great service.

Kakee - would you not just get them some valium for the flight that bus sounds painful.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Yeah did it before, Bit of a drag. Bus makes several stops on the way. The Sail and rail option is better for non flyers. Thinking of using it next week for Young boys game as the price of flights is horrendous. Can get over and back for 80 yoyos. Details here http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/rail-and-sail/

thats cheap enough isnt it. nice little option

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

gotta be honest it's a fxxkxxg killer of a journey
    used to travel on slatterys coaches back in the day :D victoria=cork,back of the metropole
    god bless micheal o leary is what i say;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

did it a few times years ago (late 80's) with Slattery's

Torture - not worth it in my opinion

Get drunk and Fly - 50mins

Hi lads, am just wondering if anyone has travelled by bus from Ireland to London. Will hopefully be going over soon but the some of the other lads are afraid of flying. We were thinking of doing it by bus with Eurolines.

Won't be doing this by bus now thank fcuk. The non-flyers have been dropped and replaced by those who will get on a plane. Leave cork at 8.05 am and arrive in London at 9.25 am and returning monday leaving London at 6.20 am and arriving back in Cork at 7.45 am. Only €30 for a return ticket lol.

Advertisement