Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst delivery service provider- UPS!!

Options
  • 18-08-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

:mad: I've been using online shopping quite often for last a couple of years, I bought stuffs here and there, goods were mostly delivered via an post and Ups, here I can tell you that Ups drove people crazy, here is how Ups delivery your stuff, they drove around your house and knock your door twice, if no body respond their knock, they will assume you are not there and leave you a small note saying attempted delivery could not be reached,and after 3rd time attempts like that, if there are still no one respond to the door knock, they will be very sorry but have to ship your item back to shipper.......what ****ing delivery service is this!!! Even a ****ing pizza delivery would at least give you a call, and all Ups can do is only knocking a door? come on Ups,are you playing with your customers or playing with yourself, unfortunately I was one of the victims, I was waiting for a shipment at house, around 3 pm, I went to the front door just check see if there are any delivery truck, then I saw this little yellow piece note saying they've been here at 2:17pm and they could not complete the delivery with their knocking, so they will do it again the same time tomorrow, ****ing Ups fellow idiots drivers, even a takeaway driver could do better than you!!!

when you are trying their customer service, they will tell you that their drivers doesn't have a phone.

****ing Ups I swear I will never ever use you ever again!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Dublinm wrote: »
    :mad: I've been using online shopping quite often for last a couple of years, I bought stuffs here and there, goods were mostly delivered via an post and Ups, here I can tell you that Ups drove people crazy, here is how Ups delivery your stuff, they drove around your house and knock your door twice, if no body respond their knock, they will assume you are not there and leave you a small note saying attempted delivery could not be reached,and after 3rd time attempts like that, if there are still no one respond to the door knock, they will be very sorry but have to ship your item back to shipper.......what ****ing delivery service is this!!! Even a ****ing pizza delivery would at least give you a call, and all Ups can do is only knocking a door? come on Ups,are you playing with your customers or playing with yourself, unfortunately I was one of the victims, I was waiting for a shipment at house, around 3 pm, I went to the front door just check see if there are any delivery truck, then I saw this little yellow piece note saying they've been here at 2:17pm and they could not complete the delivery with their knocking, so they will do it again the same time tomorrow, ****ing Ups fellow idiots drivers, even a takeaway driver could do better than you!!!

when you are trying their customer service, they will tell you that their drivers doesn't have a phone.

****ing Ups I swear I will never ever use you ever again!!!

are you serious ?

no delivery company makes more than 3 failed attempts to deliver something

dpd make 2 and some companies make 1 and aftedr that u have to collect from their depot

an post sometimes dont even make 1 and leave a sorry we missed you card instead when ur sitting in the house waiting on the delivery

how many times did you think they were going to drive to your house and attempt re-delivery ??

4-5-7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

R'n'R is thataway -->

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've never had a problem with UPS, in fact, quite the opposite, I've always found them to be excellent. Most delivery companies will only try once, and practically none of them will ring you. I don't know what you're expecting here, but I get the feeling that it doesn't exist.

After the failed delivery attempt, when you get the card, did you maybe try ringing them to arrange collection?

jor el wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with UPS, in fact, quite the opposite, I've always found them to be excellent. Most delivery companies will only try once, and practically none of them will ring you. I don't know what you're expecting here, but I get the feeling that it doesn't exist.

After the failed delivery attempt, when you get the card, did you maybe try ringing them to arrange collection?

ups and dhl are probably the best in the business (although expensive ) but they have to draw the line somewhere

i love the part where the guys is raging because "after 3 unsuccessful delivery attempts they will arrange the parcel to be returned to the sender "

what else can they do with it ?

theyve only been paid to deliver it once ,theyre offering to deliver it 3 times

they cant offer unlimted storage and delivery attempts for the rest of your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Their Job is to knock on your door or ring the door bell and deliver your package and nothing else. I can't see what the issue is here? UPS you say tried to deliver 3 times and knocked on your door and couldn't get you. At this point what more do you want from them?

One thing I find interesting you mention An Post. When has a Postman ever given you a call about a package? If they don't get you they will leave a card also and then throw your parcel in the nearest Parcel office and give you so long to collect before shipping it back also.

What you should have done after the first time is gone and picked your parcel up off UPS if it was that important to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

UPS are reliable and predictable. But they screw you for fees. The always check for VAT for the Revenue Comissioner(which is fine) but then charge you a tenner for doing it, and charge VAT on that fee. Slimy Cúnts. Never had that issue with TNT/DHL/Nightline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dublinm

Jev/N wrote: »
    R'n'R is thataway -->

:pac:
    delllat wrote: »
    are you serious ?

dpd make 2 and some companies make 1 and aftedr that u have to collect from their depot

an post sometimes dont even make 1 and leave a sorry we missed you card instead when ur sitting in the house waiting on the delivery

how many times did you think they were going to drive to your house and attempt re-delivery ??

4-5-7 ?

My point is that a simple phone call wouldn't kill anybody, if the driver could just give me a ring, I would have received the delivery yesterday, now they have to try the 2nd time, hey, I am not saying multiple attempts is a good thing, and quite the opposite, I think a good delivery service should only consider their 2nd attempt as the back-up plan, as a successful business, UPS should learn how to get it done right at the first place!

ups and dhl are probably the best in the business (although expensive ) but they have to draw the line somewhere

i love the part where the guys is raging because "after 3 unsuccessful delivery attempts they will arrange the parcel to be returned to the sender "

what else can they do with it ?

theyve only been paid to deliver it once ,theyre offering to deliver it 3 times

they cant offer unlimted storage and delivery attempts for the rest of your life

It would be a shame in this field if a delivery service failed all 3 attempts, in that case, I don't think anyone would expect to use that company any more, it's really disappointing from a receivers point of view.

UPS are reliable and predictable. But they screw you for fees. The always check for VAT for the Revenue Comissioner(which is fine) but then charge you a tenner for doing it, and charge VAT on that fee. Slimy Cúnts. Never had that issue with TNT/DHL/Nightline.

Thats why they say business is business, they always try to catch you somewhere, but what defines a good business is their costumer service.

Their Job is to knock on your door or ring the door bell and deliver your package and nothing else. I can't see what the issue is here? UPS you say tried to deliver 3 times and knocked on your door and couldn't get you. At this point what more do you want from them?

One thing I find interesting you mention An Post. When has a Postman ever given you a call about a package? If they don't get you they will leave a card also and then throw your parcel in the nearest Parcel office and give you so long to collect before shipping it back also.

What you should have done after the first time is gone and picked your parcel up off UPS if it was that important to you.

Thank you for bringing An post up, the reason I like about An post is that they know their driver wouldn't call any body and they have never pretended trying to reach you either, you just know to go to a local post office to get your parcel, there is no mixed signal there. However, on the other hand, the Ups were trying hard to build their custumer oriented service image, but just could not void failing it with their superficial working attitude, something I would describe it as " a bitch trying to claim her ladyhood"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It would be a shame in this field if a delivery service failed all 3 attempts

You mean, it would be a shame if you failed to answer the door on all 3 occasions, or if you failed to contact them after just one of those 3 attempts? What else are they supposed to do if you don't answer the door. Do you even know for sure that they have your phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

My point is that a simple phone call wouldn't kill anybody, if the driver could just give me a ring, I would have received the delivery yesterday, now they have to try the 2nd time, hey, I am not saying multiple attempts is a good thing, and quite the opposite, I think a good delivery service should only consider their 2nd attempt as the back-up plan, as a successful business, UPS should learn how to get it done right at the first place!

They attempted delivery, you weren't there. Now they have to come back. It will probably cost them money to deliver if you are not in again today.

If I were running UPS, the delivery contract would be for one delivery attempt, and after that you can either pay for another or collect it yourself.

I don't know why you think a phone call would be helpful - they're not going to hang around waiting for you to come home - the card notifies you when they'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

It all depends on what level of service they're being paid to provide by the company you're purchasing from. Either way, I don't see how they can deliver the package if you don't open your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Sounds like the OP watched Castaway one time too many and as a result his/her expectation of the lengths that a Private Courier will go to in order to make that delivery is slight skewered.

They attempted delivery, you weren't there. Now they have to come back. It will probably cost them money to deliver if you are not in again today.

If I were running UPS, the delivery contract would be for one delivery attempt, and after that you can either pay for another or collect it yourself.

I don't know why you think a phone call would be helpful - they're not going to hang around waiting for you to come home - the card notifies you when they'll be back.

Hey, don't make things up here, I was right at the house at that time, and I didn't hear anything, that's why I was so pissed off

You mean, it would be a shame if you failed to answer the door on all 3 occasions, or if you failed to contact them after just one of those 3 attempts? What else are they supposed to do if you don't answer the door. Do you even know for sure that they have your phone number?

Again please don't make thing up here, all I was trying to say is quantity doesn't cover quality. No matter how many time attempts they have in system, shouldn't getting delivery to customer be the ultimate goal?

It all depends on what level of service they're being paid to provide by the company you're purchasing from. Either way, I don't see how they can deliver the package if you don't open your door.

Are you nuts? is your house door open 24/7?

Again please don't make thing up here, all I was trying to say is quantity doesn't cover quality. No matter how many time attempts they have in system, shouldn't getting delivery to customer be the ultimate goal?

they are running a business,not a 100% satisfaction service for unreasonable people

if they had to deliver every item 3 times they would either be bankrupt
    of theyde have to raise their prices

luckily for them id say 80% of parcels are delivered on the first run and this is how they can offer to redeliver the other 20% "a maximum of 3 times"

if you cant be home 3 times you should have arranged the parcel sent to your work address or somewhere it can be delivered

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Sounds like the OP watched Castaway one time too many and as a result his/her expectation of the lengths that a Private Courier will go to in order to make that delivery is slight skewered.

Thank you for mentioning that movie, correct me if I am wrong, it was Fedex not Ups the movie was talking about, don't you think it has a reason?

Are you nuts? is your house door open 24/7?

in general ,people OPEN the door when the delivery man knocks it :rolleyes:

(it doesnt have to stay blowing in the wind wide open 24/7 ,they only deliver between 9and 5 anyway )

• Advertisement

they are running a business,not a 100% satisfaction service for unreasonable people

if they had to deliver every item 3 times they would either be bankrupt
    of theyde have to raise their prices

luckily for them id say 80% of parcels are delivered on the first run and this is how they can offer to redeliver the other 20% "a maximum of 3 times"

if you cant be home 3 times you should have arranged the parcel sent to your work address or somewhere it can be delivered

I've said so many times, I was right at home at that very moment, why can't you just let your imagination go a little further into the scenario where I actually am?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

are you serious ?

4-5-7 ?
    I had the same exp. They said they couldnt find my house (hello thats their job) and when I offered to ring the driver and give directions I was told, sorry he doesnt have a phone. WTF a driver without a phone. I kicked up bloody murder and eventually got them to send out another driver to him and tell him where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

i have to agree ups are rubbish. I've had a load of problems with them arriving at the door battering it down for two mins and then leaving immediately instead of waiting to see if someone opened it. Once the guy was pulling away and i came out waving at home, he just waved back!!! And still drove off!

I do have one particular gripe with them where they had a neighbour sign for a letter. It turned out to be an important work document which i never managed to recover from the neighbour. Work went beserk at me because ups told them it had been delivered to me (ie had not been handed to anyone else) but the signature wasn't mine. Ups wouldn't accept responsibility and i was in the dog house. Still peeved off about it.

Aside from my own negative opinion of ups i can see why the op is annoyed. He was in the house when the delivery guy came but never heard a ring etc. Surely someone attempting delivery should wait a few moments and try knocking louder to ensure nobody is home?

and whether you're at home or not is irrelevant when they cant find the house anyway.

don't you think it has a reason?

If Tom Hanks showed up to my door with a package 6 months late I'd give him a right bollocking.

If Tom Hanks showed up to my door with a package 6 months late I'd give him a right bollocking.

Bluffing

When you talk about "delivery attempts" do you include attempts by the driver to find your house?

If you're never home to actually accept the packages would it not make sense for you to give them a call and either arrange pick-up or delivery to an alternative address where real live people who are willing to open the door can be found?

Now... I know you're going to say "why should I waste my money calling them, why can't they call me" but an ounce of common sense tells me that you want to get your goods and they want them delivered so why not take one small step in the right direction?

If you're never home to actually accept the packages would it not make sense for you to give them a call and either arrange pick-up or delivery to an alternative address where real live people who are willing to open the door can be found?

Now... I know you're going to say "why should I waste my money calling them, why can't they call me" but an ounce of common sense tells me that you want to get your goods and they want them delivered so why not take one small step in the right direction?

Guess what happens now? The shipper just contacted me saying sorry for the delay and asking me to assist Ups with the delivery, and I made my 3rd phone call, and you are not going to believe this, their driver went lost again, again, apologise from the other side of the phone, I just could not understand why can't they simply give me a call?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Your story doesn't add up. In the OP you said the guy left a card, and now you say he got lost?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement