Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst delivery service provider- UPS!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I've had issues with Couriers not being able to find my address. 9 times out of 10 they would give me a call and I'd give them instructions to the house... no probs. The odd time I'd get the card in the letterbox so I'd call them the next day and request that they contact me when they're nearby... never had an issue.

I do remember one crowd of absolutely useless muppets though.. GLS I think they were called.. absolutely chronic.. they sub-contracted the deliveries out to any 'ol Joe Bloggs with a van... a different Joe Bloggs every other week... deliveries arriving late, deliveries not showing up, never been able to find the house, not arsed to call, the USPS used them to deliver into Europe and even if you got a USPS tracking number it didn't work on their system... nightmare... spoke to one of their managers... he may as well have told me to fcuk off for all intensive purposes... in the end I reported them to ComReg... shortly afterwards USPS stopped using them.. thank fcuk.

I have to say I always found UPS to be decent... never any issues with calling them or them calling me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dublinm

Your story doesn't add up. In the OP you said the guy left a card, and now you say he got lost?

That's exact word I quote from the customer service, further more, he told me that the driver was on the right street but ran into a wrong house number, WTF... Ups is a mess

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I've had issues with Couriers not being able to find my address. 9 times out of 10 they would give me a call and I'd give them instructions to the house... no probs. The odd time I'd get the card in the letterbox so I'd call them the next day and request that they contact me when they're nearby... never had an issue.

I do remember one crowd of absolutely useless muppets though.. GLS I think they were called.. absolutely chronic.. they sub-contracted the deliveries out to any 'ol Joe Bloggs with a van... a different Joe Bloggs every other week... deliveries arriving late, deliveries not showing up, never been able to find the house, not arsed to call, the USPS used them to deliver into Europe and even if you got a USPS tracking number it didn't work on their system... nightmare... spoke to one of their managers... he may as well have told me to fcuk off for all intensive purposes... in the end I reported them to ComReg... shortly afterwards USPS stopped using them.. thank fcuk.

I have to say I always found UPS to be decent... never any issues with calling them or them calling me.

Congratulations! Now you know different sides of UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

OP I have had that problem with a couple of couriers, missing them and then expecting them to call again at say, 3pm next day.

The back of the card they leave - write on it and sign it telling the courier to leave the package on the doorstep. Stick note to outside of door. It works fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

whats is this package you are waiting for with such anger....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Congratulations! Now you know different sides of UPS

Err... maybe you missed the bit that said:

write on it and sign it telling the courier to leave the package on the doorstep

Dangerous.. you already mentioned that they called to the wrong house.. everything should be signed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RP Mc murphy

I cant say anything about UPS but i would like to give a quick rant about an post, sorry (probably isnt isolated to an post, and maybe theres a great reason for it). The come with the deliveries during the day when i am not at home and leave the card through the letter box. If the company is any way customer orientated, then they should deliver the sh1t in the evening when i am at home. Is this unreasonable? What time of the day are you most likely to have people at home, then this is the time to make the home deliveries.

Just to explain why it isnt always possible to get stuff delivered to work. some of the online companies wont deliver to address that is not the same as the address of the credit card, hence you are stuck with a home delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I cant say anything about UPS but i would like to give a quick rant about an post, sorry (probably isnt isolated to an post, and maybe theres a great reason for it). The come with the deliveries during the day when i am not at home and leave the card through the letter box. If the company is any way customer orientated, then they should deliver the sh1t in the evening when i am at home. Is this unreasonable? What time of the day are you most likely to have people at home, then this is the time to make the home deliveries.

Just to explain why it isnt always possible to get stuff delivered to work. some of the online companies wont deliver to address that is not the same as the address of the credit card, hence you are stuck with a home delivery.

Of course it is. Unless you have a personal postman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Dublinm wrote: »
    Thank you for bringing An post up, the reason I like about An post is that they know their driver wouldn't call any body and they have never pretended trying to reach you either, you just know to go to a local post office to get your parcel, there is no mixed signal there. However, on the other hand, the Ups were trying hard to build their custumer oriented service image, but just could not void failing it with their superficial working attitude, something I would describe it as " a bitch trying to claim her ladyhood"

What? I use UPS a lot. And not once have I ever expected them to call me. I don't know where you get that impression from. And before you say they ask you for a contact number that is purely for issues with your package outside the normal conditions i.e Customs and Excise etc etc.

As for drivers calling you. Are you going to pay their phone bills? You do realise UPS drivers don't have work phones right? So if they called you it would be from their own personal phones.

To be honest with you you points are nonsense at this point and you are reaching to find valid points to support your argument for your mistakes. It is this simple, UPS held their end of the bargain by trying to deliver 3 times, and 3 times you failed to answer. This is solely on you. Fact!

Oh and you completely missed my point about An Post and I don't agree with you. But I do find the bit in bold very interesting. Are you now saying that UPS told you they tried to contact you after you told us they never contacted you?

Your story doesn't add up. In the OP you said the guy left a card, and now you say he got lost?

To be honest with you after reading this whole thread again the OP's story is all over the shop. No wonder UPS are confused.

I will say I use them all the time and sometimes they get things wrong but overall I find them easy to work with and always provide good customer service in the end. Judging by your attitude to others in this thread OP I wouldn't be surprised if you are being a d1ck to them on the phone hence why after 3 delivery attempts where you failed to answer the door they are now at the point of caring less to help you out. And I am surprised they are still trying to help you out.

• Advertisement

To be honest with you after reading this whole thread again the OP's story is all over the shop. No wonder UPS are confused.

I will say I use them all the time and sometimes they get things wrong but overall I find them easy to work with and always provide good customer service in the end. Judging by your attitude to others in this thread OP I wouldn't be surprised if you are being a d1ck to them on the phone hence why after 3 delivery attempts where you failed to answer the door they are now at the point of caring less to help you out. And I am surprised they are still trying to help you out.

Thank you for your following up, I do want to clear one thing up here, all I was telling here is based on 100% true experience, I do wish this thread could give consumer some help when come to choose a delivery company, and also hope that if people working for ups could take it as an useful feedback, if they did everything perfect there wouldn't be such an thead.

To you my friend, I can only say that the world is full of surprises, something you didn't experienced doesn't mean it never will happen to other people. Keep your mind open, so we can do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I do wish this thread could give consumer some help when come to choose a delivery company

As pointed out already, UPS' standard is higher than others

If any reasonable person got 1 or 2 notes in the door, they would have, themselves, rang the delivery company seeking an idea of when it would be re-delivered, not merely assuming it would be when they were in the house or not.

If in doubt, send it to a business address where someone is always in, that's what I've always done.

Thank you for your following up, I do want to clear one thing up here, all I was telling here is based on 100% true experience, I do wish this thread could give consumer some help when come to choose a delivery company, and also hope that if people working for ups could take it as an useful feedback, if they did everything perfect there wouldn't be such an thead.

But your issue is not a consumer issue. In fact in this case UPS held their end of the bargain and you never answered the door. It is that simple. As for useful feedback?

What possible advice can anyone give you on this? Your story is all over the place and is more like a rant than a an actual consumer issue. The simple fact you are quite clearly in the wrong here and anyone with common sense will see that.
    To you my friend, I can only say that the world is full of surprises, something you didn't experienced doesn't mean it never will happen to other people. Keep your mind open, so we can do better.

As for this :rolleyes: you actually made me laugh out loud to this. I have used courier companies regularly for 7 years now. And sure at times they have problems. And I have experienced many problems with couriers over the 7 years. But never would I come on to a forum crying wolf over an issue that was my fault. You Failed to answer the door 3 times and you are blaming a company who are not at fault and in between this you are reaching for pathetic excuses to try win people over.

So I would say my mind is clearly opened but it is you who has the blinkers on. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Surely after them calling twice you should be extra vigilant and watching them on the third day? Or maybe your butler was on holidays that week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closed - as this is more of a rant rather than a genuine Consumer Issue

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement