Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour management for dual monitor setup

• 18-08-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i recently got a second monitor and when i hooked it up i realized my old monitors colours where way off. They are both samsung monitors however neither natural color pro nor natural color expert will boot up for me. They both start but the nothing happens and it goes back to the desktop.

Is there any other free software that will calibrate the monitors so that the colours are the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can you not manually edit the screens onboard adjustments. I have an old 19" dell and a new 22" 1920 Dell and just auto-adjusted both. Close enough for my taste though the 22 is ever so slightly brighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

yeah i reset the settings on both monitors but its still the same, no changes at all.

Both monitors are connected through DVI so i cant auto adjust the screens which would of been handy

Anyone got any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Buy/borrow someone's calibration equipment, like a Sypder.

You might find some helpful people in the photography section.

I'm not aware of any free applications to do this job.

I was wondering if the auto adjust is a default setting the monitor switches too or does it derive settings based off the computer its connecting too? Would it work if I was to connect my monitors to my laptop through vga and use the auto adjust feature then reconnect them to my pc. would they still retain these settings or revert back to the previous state?

• Advertisement
Advertisement