Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coving job

• 18-08-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

its more of a rant than anything else.

the mother got coving put up.

in what condition should the coving be when the installer leaves? should it be ready to paint?

i spent the guts of 3 hours filling gaps and holes!!!! in the bloody thing beofre i could paint it.

She is thinking to get these guys back in . but i personally think it was a poor job.

so anyway if you were putting up coving ( and getting paid to do it ) what finish would you leave on it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Wood or Foam?
    I am using wood and pre painting it and using an 18g Senco finish nailer to fix it.
    The holes with a good nailer are tiny and almost indistinguishable from the surround. the tiniest bit of filler will cover the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Wood or Foam?
    I am using wood and pre painting it and using an 18g Senco finish nailer to fix it.
    The holes with a good nailer are tiny and almost indistinguishable from the surround. the tiniest bit of filler will cover the head.

Could be plaster cove either.. well thats the first thng that comes into my head when someone saya cove..

Personally, i leave it ready to paint, as otherwise it just looks crap if you dont. Its not for the painters benefit, its generally so i will sleep better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Should be pretty much ready to paint for either type IMO.
    Sure there will be some issues, with the foam type you cant do too much work on it when its wet as the paper doesnt like sanding, but it should still be pretty good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'd be leaving it ready to paint if it was me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

it was plaster coving,

patched it up best i could and in fairness does not too bad after painting it. it was very rough and it took a while to sort.

i would have thought it would be left in perfect condition myself but maybe i was expecting too much from it

• Advertisement
Advertisement