Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home brewed cider from store bought juice.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mantel wrote: »
    I have an elderflower cider going as well:)

My project for the summer is to make an elderflower cider using elderflowers,lemon and apple juice..i may also make a batch using pineapple juice as well and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Degsy wrote: »
    .i may also make a batch using pineapple juice as well and see how it goes.
    Careful with the pineapple, I did one before and it sort of separated all the pulp from the juice, and IIRC it blew pulp out of the airlock and was very frothy.

Tasted OK though so just leave plenty of headspace.

rubadub wrote: »
    Careful with the pineapple, I did one before and it sort of separated all the pulp from the juice, and IIRC it blew pulp out of the airlock and was very frothy.

Tasted OK though so just leave plenty of headspace.

I did a plain pineapple juice ferment few weeks ago..there was a certain amount of sediment but nothing to write home about.
    It hasnt cleared however and it probably wont..it tastes absolutely amazing though..completely worth the effort.
    The juice i used was Lidl plain pineapple juice which didnt have much pulp so that may be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

That sounds very interesting Degsy. I'd like to try that. Fancy swapping some for some beer?

That sounds very interesting Degsy. I'd like to try that. Fancy swapping some for some beer?

No probs..I can drop it up tonite if you like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

Degsy wrote: »
    No probs..I can drop it up tonite if you like?
    Sounds like a plan. Will be there from 6.30 if that suits you.

I'll dig out some bottles for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

try this recipe and btw you can subsitute just about any juice for the oj plus it make a decent quick drinking wine while you leave the good stuff to mature

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭domkk

Could you post up the recipe then please.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

i really must remember to paste link when i say stuff so here it is
    http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10179

Advertisement