Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGA Cap Card

Options
  • 18-08-2010 6:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hey I play Xbox 360 on my 22" 1680x1050 monitor via VGA cables. I was wondering is there any capture card for VGA like the HDPVR ect

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You want something like this.... VGA2USB

vga.png

This is a really good one, I'd use it myself if I had the setup but don't need it. the best thing about it is it runs off the power of the VGA so no need for silly DC adapters :)

You will need a splitter of some sort so you can play while you record, if your serious about getting this then give me a shout and I'll root out a good cheap one on ebay or something for you.

diagram_01_vga2usb.png

On that site above the price is €250.47 (Delivered) which is a bit much if I'm being honest, but it really is the best VGA cap card out there

Obviously you can find cheaper alternatives online but your really at a loss if you get a bad quality one as it will look crap

let me know if you want to know anything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Does your monitor have any other inputs available to it? Because €250 for that is definitely more expensive that either a PVR or an Intensity, which I think are both superior seeing as they take a wider variety of inputs.

I used to play on a PC monitor with the VGA cable as well, but have since switched to HDMI for my Intensity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Chris, can he play on the monitor with the Intensity Pro?

That would be cheaper, better quality, and an all-in-one package

Is there any lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Tallon wrote: »
    Chris, can he play on the monitor with the Intensity Pro?

That would be cheaper, better quality, and an all-in-one package

Is there any lag?

I don't know, I haven't yet got a second monitor for the Intensity's output to go to. From what I've heard though the main issue being that you have to have the Media Express program up and in focus before it sends any output to wherever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Sorry I was so late getting back to ye :D Had to get money and got a new Xbox :) I'd love to get one of these ASAP :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In my little Hauppage kit I have a component to vga converter.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1080P-Component-VGA-Converter-Transcoder/dp/B000VJEQUK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1290590025&sr=8-3

it comes with the component cables for xbox and is alot cheaper than that!

You'd have to buy a Hauppage though too, which is about 150 euro- ish.

While results are typically around 10 updates per second, here are actual results under varying conditions:
    Resolution Frame Rate 1
    640×480 28.0
    800×600 20.6
    1024×768 10.0
    1280×1024 5.6
    1600×1200 4.3
    1920×1200 3.1
    2048×1536 2.0

With the epiphian frame grabber , I would want to be playing at a resolution of 1680x1050, and I do not want 4fps like :-/ I want to play on my monitor but not want ****ty frame rates :-/

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    While results are typically around 10 updates per second, here are actual results under varying conditions:
    Resolution Frame Rate 1
    640×480 28.0
    800×600 20.6
    1024×768 10.0
    1280×1024 5.6
    1600×1200 4.3
    1920×1200 3.1
    2048×1536 2.0

With the epiphian frame grabber , I would want to be playing at a resolution of 1680x1050, and I do not want 4fps like :-/ I want to play on my monitor but not want ****ty frame rates :-/

If you want to go down the frapsy route I'd suggest contacting boards user Ropedrink and asking him for his opinion. He gets good quality from a low performance rig.

i might go the converter and happauge route :-/ Ill see how I feel playing on 720P :)

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    i might go the converter and happauge route :-/ Ill see how I feel playing on 720P :)

It'll be 720p at a rock solid 60 FPS.

Not so bad now is it? :p

• Advertisement

Nah that's not bad at all, but id prefer to be playing at 1680x1050 but oh well :-/ :D

and also since the output from the Xbox will be going into the HDPVR, and from the HD PVR into the converter, and then the converter converts that to vga and from vga into the monitor.

Video delay much ?

In my little Hauppage kit I have a component to vga converter.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1080P-Component-VGA-Converter-Transcoder/dp/B000VJEQUK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1290590025&sr=8-3

it comes with the component cables for xbox and is alot cheaper than that!

You'd have to buy a Hauppage though too, which is about 150 euro- ish.

I got the HD PVR from Limexb360 and I got that transcoder box. Everything is working like a dream. Thanks a million everybody for the help. Heres how the quality turned out. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N067Vowoidg

Advertisement