Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Year Geog Registration! Modules missing??

Options
  • 18-08-2010 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey guys.. picked my modules from course search thing on ucd.ie a week ago so I'd be prepared for today, only to log on and see a few of the options from geography are not there, like independent study 1 and 2? is it showing up on anyone elses?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Inaminute

Hey there,

It opened a little after 6am:eek: the registration guides they sent us 2 dys ago showed that 10 geog modules were withdrawn for 2010-2011 for Stage2 (year3).. AH and JGW are gone-retired and gone to another uni. As for all the other withdrawal of modules-I too am confused :confused:

Did you see that the 2nd yr module that (I think) replaces geo skil and tech is worth 10credits???!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

Inaminute wrote: »
    Hey there,

It opened a little after 6am:eek: the registration guides they sent us 2 dys ago showed that 10 geog modules were withdrawn for 2010-2011 for Stage2 (year3).. AH and JGW are gone-retired and gone to another uni. As for all the other withdrawal of modules-I too am confused :confused:

Did you see that the 2nd yr module that (I think) replaces geo skil and tech is worth 10credits???!!! :mad:

Im major pee'd off right now!! Called the geography office asking what the craic was, course they didn't know why there not showing up. They told me to call the student desk who told me to call the programme office, of course aren't answering their phones!! saaaake!!

Topics in climatology and enviro management were my two main choices. Cant believe they opened it so early I was up at 1/4 to 8 and thought ah sure that'll be grand!:mad:

And yeah I saw the new Geo skills one is 10 credits!!! I got an A in that one when we did it woulda bumped me right up! grrrrr

Forgive my anger people!

Just to let anyone know who's trying to register for em, Independant study 1 and 2 is according to the Geog Office " a special module that selected students were allowed to do and you cant register online"

But now apparently nothing is going to happen with the modules this year.
    They coulda put that on the website and saved me the last 2 hours trying to get in touch with someone!! sheeesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Inaminute

Think topics in climatology has class of 30ish :(

Inaminute wrote: »
    Think topics in climatology has class of 30ish :(

Im personally devastated I didnt get climatology this year.. I shall now spend my day refreshing the SIS page in the hope someone drops it..

SOMEBODY PLEASE DROP IT WAHHH haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement