Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 2g (GPRS) data on three Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

PM me it too Angel, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

What phone are you using and where are you, sounds like a dodgy phone best off go back tomorrow and get it swapped for a new one.

iPhone 4 in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pdelacy

angel01 wrote: »
    I can give you a good contact for 3 who got my 2G data working if you like. PM me for their name :)

Please send me the name/contact details for the good tech support guy at Three, I can only get 3G data on my iPhone4, and no data on the 2G network. Not a great situation but I can live with it for now. I was told by one of their customer support reps that they are working on a fix and it should be rolled out in a couple of weeks. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Must be only certain areas i can access 2G data on two 3 mobiles that are in my house even can use windows live messenger over 2G also altough its not very fast its still better than nothing especially when 3's 3G network goes down always have voda 2G to be backed up by is very handy thing to have :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pdelacy

jay93 wrote: »
    Must be only certain areas i can access 2G data on two 3 mobiles that are in my house even can use windows live messenger over 2G also altough its not very fast its still better than nothing especially when 3's 3G network goes down always have voda 2G to be backed up by is very handy thing to have :D;)

Yes, my old Nokia 5800 worked just fine on both networks, this problem appears to be iPhone 4 specific. Cheers P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

It is not just related to iPhone4, as people with other handsets have had the problem - read the thread and you will se.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sethasaurus

I joined 3 in June last year and had 2g data from then until last week.

Emailing the helpdesk is a waste of time.
    I've had to email them every single month with some kind of problem. I know their outsourced helpdesk staff speak English, but it's not quite good enough English, as they have given me conflicting answers and ignored attached previous emails and not understood the problem almost every time. Often, I was on the phone, telling person number 2 or 3 the exact same story over and over again.
    Their website was outdated, the offers are misleading unless you read the fine print.

Three is actually the worst company for customer service that I have ever dealt with in my life, and that really says something, considering some of the other halfwits I've encountered!

I even attempted to apply for a job so that I could fix the problems from the inside, but their job listings were hosted by a third party and the site was down at the time!

Unfortunately, they have the mobile deal that suits me and I can use my phone as a modem, etc (well, I used to be able to). The real kicker is that I'm forced now to evaluate other options, and the reality is none of them really care what the consumer wants. Mobile companies offer a number of plans and if you want something else, then tough $hit. As long as they get a monthly payment, they're happy.

Oh, and who else has seen the "SORRY" page when trying to log into my3.three.ie? You know, the woman in the white coat, laughing at you.

Their free credit offers are not automated, so I wonder also how many people have ported to Three and not received the extra 5 euro per month for switching. It's not a lot of money, of course, but does anyone recognise the term 'False Advertising'?

The way this company operates is to set up a system whereby nobody in the company is required to take responsibility for anything.
    Gone are the days of speaking to the boss and getting satisfaction. This kind of business only resolves to defuse you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I've had to email them every single month with some kind of problem. I know their outsourced helpdesk staff speak English, but it's not quite good enough English, as they have given me conflicting answers and ignored attached previous emails and not understood the problem almost every time. Often, I was on the phone, telling person number 2 or 3 the exact same story over and over again.
    Their website was outdated, the offers are misleading unless you read the fine print.

Three is actually the worst company for customer service that I have ever dealt with in my life, and that really says something, considering some of the other halfwits I've encountered!

I even attempted to apply for a job so that I could fix the problems from the inside, but their job listings were hosted by a third party and the site was down at the time!

Unfortunately, they have the mobile deal that suits me and I can use my phone as a modem, etc (well, I used to be able to). The real kicker is that I'm forced now to evaluate other options, and the reality is none of them really care what the consumer wants. Mobile companies offer a number of plans and if you want something else, then tough $hit. As long as they get a monthly payment, they're happy.

Oh, and who else has seen the "SORRY" page when trying to log into my3.three.ie? You know, the woman in the white coat, laughing at you.

Their free credit offers are not automated, so I wonder also how many people have ported to Three and not received the extra 5 euro per month for switching. It's not a lot of money, of course, but does anyone recognise the term 'False Advertising'?

The way this company operates is to set up a system whereby nobody in the company is required to take responsibility for anything.
    Gone are the days of speaking to the boss and getting satisfaction. This kind of business only resolves to defuse you.

Try the 3 section of boards. You may get somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

What APN is your phone set to in your internet settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Thread is barking up the wrong tree.

Nothing wrong with 2g on (vodafone roaming) 3. Problem is switching back to 3g afterwards bugs the phone. This made me ragequit from 3 last year because various android phones would keep losing connection. Terrible network, they won't even anknowledge there is a problem. Note I was in Dublin city center the whole time, this is nothing to do with poor signal out in the sticks.

It seems to be related to an "always on connection" during the 2g<->3g switch. Many users that do not use apps like pushmail or skype all the time may not notice it. Anyway, useless network, my devices did not work as they were supposed to. Terrible support as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sethasaurus

It's all irrelevant now.
    There used to be an option to enable/disable 'Out-of-bundle billing' (which I always had disabled).
    I had the 500MB Add-on, which I expected to expire while downloading something. It just ran on and on and sucked the remaining 37.93 from my account!
    I logged into the my3 page again (avoiding the laughing blonde in the white coat, luckily), and found that this option does not even exist anymore!

Wrote the monkeys at three an email, telling them their company is $hit, basically, and now I walk on.

There are more expensive options out there, but I'm hoping not to receive as bad product and customer service.

Advertisement