Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A2 clip frames wanted - glass v. perspex

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey there,

Does anyone know where I might source a quantity of 15 clip frames (A2 size) at reasonable prices?

From initial research online, they are available with glass front OR perspex fronts. Does anyone know the pros & cons of either? Does perspex warp after a while?

The frames are required for interior use to hold a collection of posters (so they all need to be the same frame type)

I've checked the likes of IKEA & woodies (I'm based in Carlow) with no luck, I dont want to buy off the net from UK as I'll have to pay huge on shipping.

Any advice gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭briscotti

Interested in an answer to this one as well.
    There is a shop in Dublin City that sells posters and prints framed, they might be able to sort you out with whoever supplies their frames. Just a suggestion, it's the only place i've seen frames that size in any kind of large number... It is down that small street off henry street where arnotts is opposite to marks and spencers side entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

Hey Briscotti if you're still looking for A2 clip-frames, I was in Kilkenny city last weekend, Just off High Street, at corner of Goods & down the lane a little bit is a framing shop facing you with a green facade. In the back of the shop they had a load of clipframes, and amongst them was a bunch of A2 for €10 each! By far the best price I've come across & I thoroughly checked the web! Best price I could get onlince was about €20 each.

Incidentally, I went to Fine Framers in Carlow about a month back & got really nice frames with about an inch black wooden frame & glass fronts for €24 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i do custom framing, but one of my suppliers supplies clip frames

both acrylic and glass, i dont have prices in front of me, but if you give me a shout next week i will be able to give you some decent prices

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I bought some clip frames off allposters.ie http://www.allposters.ie/?aid=479482692&DestType=3&Referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ie%2Faclk%3Fsa%3Dl%26ai%3DCtTK8uGXtTP-aOs-_hAfyxYS4BpqPmqEBlvibthOg_qMKCAAQASC2VCgCUPnX-94EY&KWID=262260110&SEM=lang%3D102%26AID%3D479482692%26KWID%3D262260110

Every now and then they do an offer of free shipping so if you can wait for that, you can get the frames really cheaply

Advertisement