Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going from Kill to Rathcoole

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

does anyone know how to get from Kill to Rathcoole (no car). BUs eireann goes to Kill but then then directly onto to dublin and the airport bus by passes it. do taxis operate out of kill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

there must be local cab companies in rathcoole saggart area

it may be possible to get a bus eireann from kill to somewhere around newlands cross/clondalkin and meet up with a 69 to rathcoole but timing would have to be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Riskymove wrote: »
    there must be local cab companies in rathcoole saggart area

it may be possible to get a bus eireann from kill to somewhere around newlands cross/clondalkin and meet up with a 69 to rathcoole but timing would have to be helpful

its such a small distance, can't be much more than five miles between Kill and Rathcoole, yet it is so complicated to get there using pulic transport.
    I might look into getting the airport bus to the Red Cow. does the 69 run anywhere near there?

i know the 126 goes from Naas thru Kill but doesn't stop again until Heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Bus Eireann will drop you on the carriageway by Rathcoole at the Dublin Bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

And then to get back to Kill from Rathcoole, there's a Bus Eireann stop out on the carraigeway just past the Poitin Still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Bus Eireann will drop you on the carriageway by Rathcoole at the Dublin Bus stop.

is that in the village? i dont know the place well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Fuinseog wrote: »
    is that in the village? i dont know the place well.

I am not sure if the 126 goes through Rathcoole village, but there is a bus stop on the N7 ( dual carriageway) just past the Poitin Stil

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The 126 doesn't go through Rathcoole village, it hasn't done that in a long long time. It will actually drop you at the Dublin Bus stop on the carriageway. It's been a while since I took it but the Dublin Bus stop used to be beside the place that sold the caravans. When getting the bus in Kill just mention to the driver that you want to get off by Rathcoole and ask him where the stop is. You'll find for the most part that Bus Eireann drivers are very friendly.

The buses stop by Rathcoole as it's a significant village close to Kill and there have always been kids from Kill who go to the schools there. Also don't forget that some people living in Kill work in Rathcoole and have always needed a means of transportation to and from there.

Advertisement