Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start course without paying????

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi there, I am due to start a masters in september but wont be in a position to pay the fees till october. Any advice please? Will i miss out on being able to do the Masters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

You probably should be able to start but as far as I know (for undergrads anyway) the fees deadline is sometime in September (but I might be wrong). You're better off ringing your programme officer or whoever looks after postgrads in whichever school you're studying in. Definitely let them know you'll have to defer payment 'til October anyway, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You'll have to pay at least one third of the fees for the first semester.

Here is the list of when fees are due for each course.
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/fee_payment_dates.htm

OSI wrote: »
    Have gone an entire academic year before paying for fees so I wouldn't worry too much.

Stricter on postgrads as there is much more money in it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Stricter on postgrads as there is much more money in it for them.

A few in my ma class this year haven't paid in full and the term is over, all they do is withhold your exam results

A few in my ma class this year haven't paid in full and the term is over, all they do is withhold your exam results

In fairness not being allowed graduate is pretty big.

• Advertisement
Advertisement