Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Ebor

Options
  • 18-08-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

What are people thinking ? It's a tough race, but hopefully all 17 stand in, so we get EW 1-4.
    Although I wanted Hanoverian Baron to get in (it now looks as though he'll run at Chester or Sandown on Saturday, so watch out for him), now that he didn't make it, I'm on Demolition.

EW at 20/1, a few decent recent runs, the trip is the question, but to me that's outweighed by the fact that he's the only horse in the field to have won on track...

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Theres still 20 in it Ghost.

I'm with Demolition ew 20/1 and half stake Desert Sea ew 28/1.

Overturn is my idea of the winner. Its so competitive though, a real headache. Anyone of 15 or 16 could feasibly win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Oops, me bad, it is 20 indeed.........(I should have known as my danger pick, Bernie the Bolt is 18, and Demolition is 20 !!) I was looking at the 1.45 non runners bringing it to 16 and got distracted.

Anyway, Demolition EW, glad you're thinking same way.
    Also gonna do an EW lucky on the Channel 4 races;
    1.45 - Antigua Sunrise
    2.15 - King of Wands
    2.50 - Dubawi Gold
    3.25 - Demolition

Best of luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Have been a big follower of Elyaadi and I believe she will run a big race on the back of impressive performances this year - my only problem is she is out of Singspiel and would probably need it more like the road. I have it backed ante-post so fingers crossed. Will have a saver on Dirar. You have to think Dirar would also have a good chance and is weighted to overturn Overturn, who has had tough campaign. Tough race a case for at least 10 can be made.

If you have a good day I probably will too Ghost.

1.45 Thin Red Line
    2.15 Akmal
    2.50 Dubawi Gold
    3.25 Demolition & Desert Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Main bet Overturn @ 7-1 and cover bet on Elyaadi Insurebet 4 places @ 7-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭podsieboy

1.45 life and soul...price gone now cause of tom segal
    2.15 stuck between akmal and electrolyser think akmal cud get an easy lead
    2.50 shropshire each way think temple meads is to short although i backed him in the super sprint i think this is a very hot gymcrack
    3.25 has to be elyaadi with gary taking 3 pounds off might also do dirar each way aswell

Akmal pulled on the front and the penalty definitely didn't help. Off level weights and settling better he would have gone much closer-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

deewhy wrote: »
    Have been a big follower of Elyaadi and I believe she will run a big race on the back of impressive performances this year - my only problem is she is out of Singspiel and would probably need it more like the road. I have it backed ante-post so fingers crossed. Will have a saver on Dirar. You have to think Dirar would also have a good chance and is weighted to overturn Overturn, who has had tough campaign. Tough race a case for at least 10 can be made.

Not one of Carroll's better rides imo - bad position most of the way but thankfully the saver paid off:D.

On a seperate note Overturn should not have run today and they could well rue that decision in the long run. He should have been put away - too much hard racing can break horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Overturn update

Fans of Overturn will be pleased to know that the dual-purpose star is "fine" following his disappointing effort in the Totesport Ebor, in which he did far too much too soon.
    Vets diagnosed a very high heart rate after the race, but other than that, Overturn has emerged okay.
    Trainer Donald McCain said: "It's my fault. For all the world he seemed no different at home, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. He'll have a holiday now and I'll sit in the naughty chair for a bit."

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Dirar. bowdown.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement