Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-mobile launching MVNO in ireland?

Options
  • 18-08-2010 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

If you scroll down to Ireland you will see that it says T-MOBILE planned MVNO??
    This is the official website for MVNO's across the world.
    http://www.mobileisgood.com/mvno.php

P.S it says last updated Sept. 2006?? So they should have brought it out by now??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Spooky1666 wrote: »
    If you scroll down to Ireland you will see that it says T-MOBILE planned MVNO??
    This is the official website for MVNO's across the world.
    http://www.mobileisgood.com/mvno.php

P.S it says last updated Sept. 2006?? So they should have brought it out by now??

Bit strange alright, i'd say that was there pre 2006 as thats just when the page was last updated. T-Mobile owned a decent stake in Meteor until it was sold to Eircom in 2005, maybe they had something planned before Eircom took over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I thought Meteor was owned outright by Alltel (a US operator) before it was taken over by eircom?

Solair wrote: »
    I thought Meteor was owned outright by Alltel (a US operator) before it was taken over by eircom?

They were owned by Western Wireless in the US who were the majority stakeholder in T Mobile at the time, not sure if they still are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stuartk

Hey,

There is a new mobile network coming alright. It's called JUST Mobile, not far from launch but if you're interested check it out on www.justmobile.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

They were owned by Western Wireless in the US who were the majority stakeholder in T Mobile at the time, not sure if they still are.

T-Mobile are a 100% owned subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG i.e. Germany's largest telecommunications operator. Western Wireless never had anything to do with them.

Meteor were owned by Western Wireless, which rebranded as AllTel in the US.

AllTel wanted to concentrate on their US market only, so they ditched their very small and non-integrated European operations : Meteor and Tele.Ring in Austria.

Tele.Ring was bought by T-Mobile, but that's the only link that Western Wireless has with T-Mobile.

There was some speculation that T-Mobile would also buy Meteor at the time, but eircom jumped in.

Deutsche-Telekom-Logo.gif

As you can see they've lots of "T----" brands :)

tmobile_logo.png

web_tonline.jpg

• Advertisement

Solair wrote: »
    T-Mobile are a 100% owned subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG i.e. Germany's largest telecommunications operator. Western Wireless never had anything to do with them.

Meteor were owned by Western Wireless, which rebranded as AllTel in the US.

AllTel wanted to concentrate on their US market only, so they ditched their very small and non-integrated European operations : Meteor and Tele.Ring in Austria.

Tele.Ring was bought by T-Mobile, but that's the only link that Western Wireless has with T-Mobile.

There was some speculation that T-Mobile would also buy Meteor at the time, but eircom jumped in.

Deutsche-Telekom-Logo.gif

As you can see they've lots of "T----" brands :)

tmobile_logo.png

web_tonline.jpg

Fair enough, my bad!

Advertisement