Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Port Forwarding with Three Mobile Bband: Is it possible?

• 18-08-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I have a linux box that I set up here as my web server.. Is it possible to set up port forwarding on the 3Pay Monthly. I think I remember somebody else saying here before that it is not possible to set up this on mobile bband. I've tried it quickly there a few minutes ago, and it doesnt seem to work..

Can anybody confirm this for me?
    thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

By default I'd imagine that you are using 3ireland.ie as your APN on your 3G dongle, which is NAT'd behind a firewall provided by 3 and which you have no control over to open ports. Obviously this is necessary because most people are just using the dongles plugged directly into their laptops and their firewalls may not be up to snuff.

It is possible to change your APN to 3internet, which will provide a public IP which you can then route from like a normal internet address. Obviously it is then on you to provide a decent firewall to protect yourself.

AFAIK there is no problem with regards to billing with using this APN, however I haven't looked too closely as I'm not using 3G at the moment. Might be a good idea to check it yourself before changing over as it could be quite expensive if it isn't part of your package.

Advertisement