Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email updates working??

Options
  • 18-08-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

As of a few months back (not sure when exactly) I have not been receiving daily updates to any threads I have have subscribed for daily updates to. I tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing but still no updates. Anyone else seeing this problem? Sorry if it is documented but a 10min search found nothing..

PS. I mailed the feedback form a couple of weeks ago without a response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm not passing the buck here but is there any chance that your email provider is blocking the emails through a spamfilter or similar? Can you try temp changing your boards-registered email to another provider for a day or two and see if that changes things?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

sceptre wrote: »
    I'm not passing the buck here but is there any chance that your email provider is blocking the emails through a spamfilter or similar? Can you try temp changing your boards-registered email to another provider for a day or two and see if that changes things?

Well I got the mail about this thread being updated! I have access to the mail server and scanning mail logs tell me the last mail I got was on Jul 6th (procmailrc log so this would be before spamassain). I will change to gmail for a few days but am doubtful that this is the issue. Are you getting daily updates for your subscribed forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

yfaykya wrote: »
    Well I got the mail about this thread being updated! I have access to the mail server and scanning mail logs tell me the last mail I got was on Jul 6th (procmailrc log so this would be before spamassain). I will change to gmail for a few days but am doubtful that this is the issue.
    Try it and see, just to eliminate it as an issue - it's easier for me to take it to the tech people if I know it's very unlikely to be at your end. As you say, you've already tried deleting your subscribed threads from here and resubscribing them?
    Are you getting daily updates for your subscribed forums?
    I don't use the email updates more than for about two or three threads a year I'm afraid. I've just added one with instant mail updates as a test.

Actually, quick thought - I just noticed you've got 6 posts. There's a thought in my head that for instant updates you only get one update by email until you go back to the thread and post in it, then they start again. I'll have to check that but it might be the problem.

It is not threads I am referring to but **forums**. I used to get a daily update of all new and updated threads in a forum each day. The link you provided is for thread updates..

Thanks for showing interest though!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

We've had a few reports of this problem lately. It's on the developers' radar, so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    We've had a few reports of this problem lately. It's on the developers' radar, so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Just as an extra data point I got a daily update for a forum I subscribed to yesterday. I read somewhere on the boards that the subscribe links changed recently (for google tracking I think). Perhaps this could be at the heart of the issue for *old* subscriptions? Of course I did try and resubscribe a few days ago to no avail so I could be talking out my a$$! I will try resubscribing again..

Advertisement