Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior paint for patio slabs

Options
  • 18-08-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a large area of ugly stained plain grey concrete slabs. Was thinking it would be good to paint them, maybe a sandstone colour. I found this product which seems perfect but it is only on sale in Australia ...
    http://www.spec-net.com.au/press/1105/wkp.htm

Has anyone come across something similar here or have you painted slabs yourself?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I havn't painted outside slabs myself but there are concrete floor paints available that i'm sure would do the job we painted a kitchen floor till we could aford tiles and was fantastic and is in diferent colours from woodies and homebase , pricey but very hardwearing , hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks a million mountainy man!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

You could basically use any exterior paint at all. You just need to coat them in a stabilising solution first because with any precast concrete product the paint will eventually flake off. Then just paint as normal with you're exterior paint. You'll find stabilising solution in any local hardware.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Fantastic, thanks a lot

Advertisement