Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fm 104 breakfast

• 18-08-2010 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

Have I missed something or am I just going mad? On last Monday Jim and Niamh were back from holidays but haven't been heard of since. Anyone know what's happened?

What do you think of the 'new' Strawberry Alarm Clock with Jim-Jim and Mark? 17 votes

Totally Love it!
    0% 0 votes
    Like it!
    29% 5 votes
    Meh!
    35% 6 votes
    Don't Like It!
    17% 3 votes
    Fuppin' hate it!
    17% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Btr wrote: »
    Have I missed something or am I just going mad? On last Monday Jim and Niamh were back from holidays but haven't been heard of since. Anyone know what's happened?

Jim Jim is free now hmmm i wonder...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

Well its seems that since FM104 is in freefall over its figures, and the fact that the management team took their eye off the ball it time for some good old changes!

So 104 are the No.3 station in Dublin! Who's fault is that? Well in most companies it is management, but in the la la land of FM104, if the station takes a battering it is not their fault, it is the fault of the presenters so Jim and Niamh are taking the high road!

Who will be next for brekkie? My vote is for Mark Noble and Dee Wood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Well its seems that since FM104 is in freefall over its figures, and the fact that the management team took their eye off the ball it time for some good old changes!

So 104 are the No.3 station in Dublin! Who's fault is that? Well in most companies it is management, but in the la la land of FM104, if the station takes a battering it is not their fault, it is the fault of the presenters so Jim and Niamh are taking the high road!

Who will be next for brekkie? My vote is for Mark Noble and Dee Wood!

Are you saying they are gone? Fm104 b/show is not no 3 in Dublin. Depending on interpretation of jnlrs it's 1 or 2 and next one not due for months so why would you get rid of them?

Are u sure you're correct ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

Im saying that 104 are Number 3 in Dublin in market share. As per the last JNLR's

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Well if it's true about Jim and Niamh and Jim-Jim is floating.......Could it happen?! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Well if it's true about Jim and Niamh and Jim-Jim is floating.......Could it happen?! :cool:
    Jim Jim and Nikki?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Jim Jim and Nikki?
    interesting thought. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Is there any definites about those two being done on breakfast?

Jim Jim and Nikki?

*shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

AFAIK, Colm and Jim-Jim did not leave FM104 on good terms...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CharlieJG

Long term listiner to fm104.

I normally enjoy listening to Jim and Niamh and was happy they were back from holiday but didn't understand why they were gone again. I don't really like that guy and girl who have taken over (that's the same guy who presents in the afternoon time?). It sounds like they don't like each other, he's so uninterested in everything and she doesn't seem to know much about the things they talk about. I was flicking today on my way in here, for the first time in years.

I used to like the old show before the presenters went to 2fm but i liked how the Niamh and Jim thing didn't feel as much like they were desperate to make people laugh. I think on 2fm the desperation and needyness to be entertaining was embarrassing for the 2 boys. I can see why 2fm have dropped Jim Jim, i am just suprised he lasted there so long.

I will be very upset with FM104 if they have gotten rid of 2 nice people who have families etc just because Jim-Jim needs a job. That's really sad in a recession, it says a lot about what type of people run the company.

CharlieJG wrote: »
    I will be very upset with FM104 if they have gotten rid of 2 nice people who have families etc just because Jim-Jim needs a job. That's really sad in a recession, it says a lot about what type of people run the company.

Ahhhh, know them well do you? Which one got you to post up this so? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Judging by the FM104 website, it's now definite that they're gone.

Personally, I think they should have been given the opportunity to sign-off properly, not this current be told you're being axed and not be allowed on the airwaves again approach that seems to be getting increasingly popular amongst stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 beccap2207

I agree they should have been able say farewell to their listerners propperly. It not right that we should be keept In the dark about whats happening. I wrote several posts on Strawberry alarm clocks facebook page only for all the posts abpout Jim and Niamh to be deleated. 104 are being petty noe.I don't think they should have been let go because of the ratings going down that month like It said In the paper. Jim and Naimh have won awards and have many followers for their morning show. Why should Jim Jim do the dirty on 104 and leave them only to expect to get his old Job back when he wants It. I hope 104 realise their mistake and get Jim and Naimh back on Strawberry where they belong.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not sure the source of some of this but here's a few facts
    1. Jim & Niamh are still listed on the Fm104 website
    2. They've been losing listeners almost since the day they took over the show
    3 I'm not aware of them winning a single award since they took over the show

A few opinions

1. Jim is an accomplished jock
    2. Niamh is more of the Lucy school
    3. Jim may survive ( he was poached by 104)
    4. Niamh will not survive
    5. as has been alluded to elsewhere 104 could make a killing that hour of the morning by just playing music.
    6. Personally,based on what I ve heard, I'd give the show to Killian O Sullivan
    7 Mark N should return asap to own show
    8 dee - off air now

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Great points above...I think Jim could do well on drive time and replace Mark who could concentrate on being assistant PD and music director!! One thing is for sure Mark (and Dee) are not suited for breakfast radio...

A few opinions

5. as has been alluded to elsewhere 104 could make a killing that hour of the morning by just playing music.
    8 dee - off air now

Jesus no. They'd lose loooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddds of listeners!

A few opinions

8 dee - off air now

They're both listed on the FM104 website, however, when you go to click on their 'show page' link you get brought to this:

jimniamhsatbreakfast.jpg

So it looks like Jim & Niamh have been give the Saturday Breakfast gig. That's a major demotion.

Secondly, I actually agree with the statement about Killian O'Sullivan, even though he's on the graveyard shift now, he'd be quite suited to breakfast. Whenever I listen into the NightTime Network and he's presenting, he's always quite witty and entertaining and I think his presenting style, if teamed up with someone else, could work quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Probably just an oversight on the web admin's part, they used to do a best of on saturdays

giftgrub wrote: »
    Probably just an oversight on the web admin's part, they used to do a best of on saturdays

Highly doubtful of that to be honest, I know they use to have a best of show on Saturdays, but that was from 9am -12 midday. The 6am - 9am slot used to be 'Wake up with the 80's'. On the 'Wake up with the 80's' page it now only mentions Sundays from 6 - 8am. So I think Jim and Niamh have moved to Saturdays.

Does that mean Jim Jim is coming back to FM104? Personally, I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

A few opinions

8 dee - off air now

I.M.H.O... Mark Noble sounds bored off his trolley and not really able to communicate with the listeners, sounds really stretched for idea's for the show too. As for the one Dee, where did she come from, she is brutal (and that is being kind). She has no flow, sounds like she should be reading the headlines or death notices instead of trying to be part of an entertaining breakfast show. No personality whatsoever. I would be done with her and put Mark back onto his own show.

Killian o Sullivan doing the breakfast show?? Are you for real? Not nearly strong enough to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Mega Buddy wrote: »
    I.M.H.O... Mark Noble sounds bored off his trolley and not really able to communicate with the listeners, sounds really stretched for idea's for the show too. As for the one Dee, where did she come from, she is brutal (and that is being kind). She has no flow, sounds like she should be reading the headlines or death notices instead of trying to be part of an entertaining breakfast show. No personality whatsoever. I would be done with her and put Mark back onto his own show.

Killian o Sullivan doing the breakfast show?? Are you for real? Not nearly strong enough to do it.

Completely agree...!!! they should have a more lively jock just playing music until the replacement starts (put Andy P in)..less painful

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

Completely agree...!!! they should have a more lively jock just playing music until the replacement starts (put Andy P in)..less painful

Have noticed that Andy Preston is off all this week, wonder if they have gotten rid of him too?? Great jock, will be such a shame if they have.

Hopefully they will find a replacement for Jim & Niamh soon as listening to Mark and Dee makes my ears bleed. He sounds bored to death & she sounds clueless. Cringe radio at it's finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Breakfast is really changing direction with the two major players in the Dublin Market. It's a change I'm looking forward to.

Phantom seem to have a good balance with Richie in the morning. A good balance of music and speech.

Jim Mc Cabe has been around the Dublin radio block. No doubt if he gets the chop (or maybe a swap with someone on Q102) he'll pick up a gig elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I didn't mind Jim - never liked Niamh - from when she was on with Colm and JimJim and then did the soap reviews by phone in.

When I did listen to them nothing seemed geniune or natural, they tried to make it sound like it was natural banter or they were hearing about something for the first time or hearing a great joke but you knew everything was rehearsed to within a inch of it's life.

But I think it's a bit much that they just go MIA.

I liked Joan Lee - heard her a while back on 98FM - she was doing an evening phone in show which I didn't think suited her - I wouldn't mind her doing morning banter.

What has happened to morning radio shows - I think I'll be sticking to my iPod!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Mega Buddy wrote: »
    Have noticed that Andy Preston is off all this week, wonder if they have gotten rid of him too?? Great jock, will be such a shame if they have.

Really seriously doubt that...!

The man puts in a massive amount of work there - he's pretty much part of the FM104 furniture AFAIK... I expect he's just on a (WELL deserved) break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

They should give the weekday breakfast show to Eamon Duffy.
    He does an excellent job at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 qdor2

I actually called the station yesterday morning and was told that Mark was just filling in again this week - they gave the definate impression all would return to normal...

I was presuming they did something 'bold' on the monday show and were taken off as short term punishment... obviously not!!

will be very dissappointed if they are gone full time and expect more from the station than just an info black hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

It's official - JimJim is back on the Strawberry Alarm Clock. He has announced it on his facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6671322&id=753248754

Well done JimJim! I'd defintely listen to him above Hector on 2FM!

[mod edit - personal abuse removed. READ THE CHARTER!]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 callo2

Read my details and join this group!

[mod edit - no thanks, advertise your anti radio station facebook group somewhere else]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Callo you are lucky your not banned for that. Warning this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'd definately go back to listening to the Strawberry when JimJim gets back on. I don't think I'd be able to cope with Hector in the mornings and always prefered JimJim (and Colm) over Jim and Niamh. There was always sonmething about them that just turned me away.

On the note of Jim and Niamh not getting to say goodbye to their listeners, didn't fm104 do the same thing to Colm and JimJim when they were leaving a few years back. They were told they had two weeks left and they decided to not say they were leaving until their last week but they were dropped at the end of the first week before they got the chance to say anything. One morning they were there, the next they were gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ciarann4

Thank God Niamh is Gone she was so Fake and Rude to the callers that called into that show, Jim seemed quiet and i say he knew it was only time b4 he was gone too, Colm and jim jim should never have gone they werent great on 2fm, But Fm 104 was never the same in the morning!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

Don't you mean Jima and his sidekick Niamh. I always thought she just sat there laughing at all the right times and wasn't really an equal to him at all. I never thought they were funny either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Looks like I'll be retuning FM104 in the car, I haven't listened to it since Jim Jim left a few years back, hopefully it will have the same format as a few years ago with plenty of funny tunes & sketches!!

I don't know what Mark Noble is like but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Thank God I don't won't have to listen to Hector :D

PS Will Niamh be kept for Soap watch and the likes, like the old show??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Jim-Jim's coming back!
    on sept 13th

coldwood92 wrote: »
    Jim-Jim's coming back!
    on sept 13th

welcome to last week ;)

So what do people think .. is this a good move for Jim? .. is it a good move for FM104?

JimJim was on this morning with Mark Noble - it all seemed a bit flat between the two of them. It was done on the basis that he wasn't supposed to be there - had just popped in to check things out or something like that. He seemed a bit full on whereas Mark was the opposit - at one stage Mark said something like 'remember what we said about the softly softly approach'. Hopefully it'll work well because I miss morning radio. If not it's back to the iPod!

I hope Niamh is not coming back. I remember her on doing soap reviews with Colm and JimJim and she just whinged and moaned about them waking her up early and she hadn't bothered watching the soaps the night before. :rolleyes: Jaysus - if my job was to watch TV and prop myself up in the bed to take a phone call in the morning I'd be happy as ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

On the note of Jim and Niamh not getting to say goodbye to their listeners, didn't fm104 do the same thing to Colm and JimJim when they were leaving a few years back. They were told they had two weeks left and they decided to not say they were leaving until their last week but they were dropped at the end of the first week before they got the chance to say anything. One morning they were there, the next they were gone.

Well Colm and Jim-Jim activly left te show, they had a job lined up and were working down their notice, Jim and Niamh seemed t have just been sacked, i dont know if they where told about being let go but they should have been alllowed wind the show down rather than being bundled of air quickly.

soc160 wrote: »
    i dont know if they where told about being let go but they should have been alllowed wind the show down rather than being bundled of air quickly.

Why? Hardly anyone ever gets to do that.

• Advertisement

Bard wrote: »

For the very obvious reason that a disgruntled jock who has just been relieved of their position may not say the nicest things about the management. I still have a lot of sympathy for Jim McCabe who was hunted by Fm104 to take the show.

For the very obvious reason that a disgruntled jock who has just been relieved of their position may not say the nicest things about the management.

Yes... that sounds like a reason not to let someone "wind down" their show. Like I said, hardly anyone gets to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Bard wrote: »

Well it would be polite for one seein as they went out of their way to get jim in, and i cant imagine a pro pesenter having a rant on air about their employers seeing as it would put future jobs in doubt, and it takes 10 seconds to cut them from the air.... but i guess Fm104 didnt wanna take a chance on it

soc160 wrote: »
    Well it would be polite for one seein as they went out of their way to get jim in, and i cant imagine a pro pesenter having a rant on air about their employers seeing as it would put future jobs in doubt, and it takes 10 seconds to cut them from the air.... but i guess Fm104 didnt wanna take a chance on it

I made that exact point about Nikki Hayes actually - thought she should have been allowed to finish her time on 2fm properly and that she was more professional than to have a pop at her former employers on air.

Then again, you do have to see it from the station's point of view... it may be harsh, but that's business for you..

No, that's RTE for you!

Just listened to Mark and Jimjim. Fuucking WELL impressed! I didn't stop laughing!

Cant wait!

Fago! wrote: »
    Yeah just checked 104 site. Starting Monday week. Jesus that is weird alright. Mark Noble is a fantastic DJ and presenter, one of my favorites in Ireland, but he doesn't suit a show like that. No way in hell does he. Have ya heard him on feckin breakfast of late? Not v good!

Bit of an indecisive lad are ya??

Bit of an indecisive lad are ya??
    Yeah, but that was before I heard him with Jim-Jim. He's completely different now. Comfortable even.

I have to agree, there was a huge difference between Wednesday and Friday they seemed to gelling pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Would like to get your impression of how the breakkie show is going so far, I am still undecided maybe it wull just take time for them to grow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement